Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knocking in service

• 15-07-2020 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long time no post, does anyone know if there is anywhere in Dublin doing a bat knocking in service? We have a few club bats that need knocking in before we kick off the season

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Never heard of one to be honest, just used to use a cricket ball in a sock. An hour at a time for a few days, then linseed oil as you know, I played with plenty of bats, but some of them didn't seem to have a middle. Had a lovely bat years ago, broke it and couldn't get a replacement, it was made by a company called zenith, and it looked like a futuristic sword. Apparently they went into liquidation after a short time, and so did my batting average. I think the sock method is still effective, but I have seen bat's with a plastic covering which supposedly don't need knocking in, so maybe it's a dying art

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

I know you can get it done from certain places in England, have always done my own ones (although not always happy with how they’ve turned out) but because we have a few to do I was curious if anywhere was able to do it for us.

Advertisement