Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lessons / Teachers [Post here only]

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eoinwalsh

Guitar, Bass, Music Theory, Harmony and Ear Training Lessons in Cork City

I am a fully qualified, seasoned industry professional with a great deal of experience as a bass player and guitar player in concert and recording studio settings.

Some of the artists I have played and/or recorded with include :

Mick Flannery (Universal Music Group)
    Brian Deady (Universal Music Group)
    Stephanie Rainey (Warner Music)
    Mark Lettieri (Snarky Puppy)
    Jason Thomas (Snarky Puppy)
    Christian Eigner (Depeche Mode)
    Danton Supple (Coldplay, Kylie Minogue, Gary Numan, Robert Plant)
    Dónal Lunny (Moving Hearts, Planxty, Coolfin)
    John Spillane
    Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh
    Pauline Scanlon

I hold a First Class Honours Bmus and First Class Honours Master's Degree from the Cork School of Music.

My aim as a teacher is to enable students to reach their full potential in whatever areas they are most interested in and so my lessons are tailored to suit the individual needs of each student.

I have expertise in technique, music theory, harmony, soloing and improvisation and can teach all styles. I also can teach students to read music.

In the areas of music theory, music literacy, harmony and ear training I take an approach to teaching that is methodical and thorough yet still enjoyable and engaging at the same time and which has helped many of my students improve dramatically in these areas.

I can help students to develop the skills necessary to recognise the harmony (chords), rhythms and melodies in their favourite music by ear, understand the theory behind that music and be able to use the theory to easily create their own musical ideas.

I am available for lessons in Cork city.

For rates and other information, please contact me on 087 1345654

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tomhohner

Hi whereabouts in Limerick do you teach? Thanks, Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brewster101

Cork Guitar Lessons

**Currently Offering Special Rates**

* Experienced school and private guitar teacher available
    * All welcome
    * Garda vetted
    * Acoustic and electric
    * Variety of styles
    * Spare guitars for lesson use

For more info see CorkGuitarLessons.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oisin_dillon

All skill levels welcome. Whether it's to play songs or back tunes. Standard tuning, Drop-D, or DADGAD.

Qualified music teacher based in the Dublin area but will also teach from skype if the location is a problem.

PM for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Accordion20

** In line with the closure of businesses/schools I will be operating through Skype**

Button Accordion Lessons available to All age groups from an Experienced musician. Have Been successful at county and provincial Fleadhs.

** open to all age groups and abilities **

From Beginner to Advanced Level.

Techniques such as Rolling, Correct Phrasing, Ornamentation, Rhythm all catered for.
    PM for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Combing the internet for a trad harp teacher in Meath (west) / North Kildare area. I know there is a harp school in Mullingar and another renowned harp teacher closer to North of Meath but both seem quite classically inclined.

I already have completed grades in classical flute and have a degree in music, but want to go the trad route on this and play for fun, any names/numbers greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement