Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo issues

• 25-11-2020 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but hope someone here can help. I've a 141 Toyota Yaris Hybrid, own it about 18 months now. For the last few months, I've had an issue with the car stereo, in particular the bluetooth function. It tends to start up normally, I'll drive the car about a mile and then the stereo reboots, and the bluetooth stops working completely. If I stop the car and start again, it works perfectly, for another few miles, until it happens again. I've checked online for software updates and there's nothing available.

Is this likely to be something electronics related that would need to be dealt with in a service, or is it just something I'll have to deal with but won't have an impact on anything else in the car? I'm due a service in the next few months but if it's something that might be linked to the car battery or anything else more serious than it not playing my podcasts, I'll move it up.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would say you should get a software update on the radio next time you’re in for a service.

Ironically, Toyota call their system “touch and go”

Advertisement