Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The fantasy-retro Japanese setting looks very nice. Now lets hope they don't ruin it with English language dubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

I want that Yoshi Wooly World game & amiibo now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

F-Zero Kart 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Great news for mario kart :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

MK stuff looks good. G'night folks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

F-Zero Kart 8

Looks like that's as close as we're gonna get to it. :(

Anyone remember if they mentioned a release date for Woolly World?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Andrew76 wrote: »

26th of June

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That Direct had no effect on me whatsoever.

But if I happen to buy a yarn Amiibo, Pandora's Tower and Sin & Punishment 2, then that's just coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The attention to detail with the changing of the seasons and the music in the new Animal Crossing track is awesome:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Those yarn amiibo Yoshi were too damn cute to resist...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Star Lord wrote: »

Are they up for pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

200CC, this is what I've been training for.

Mario 64, DK 64, Mario Kart DS, and Wario Ware Touched are already available on the eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Andrew76 wrote: »

I don't think it's called Woolie world anymore I heard him call it owlie orld:-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »

Going to have to buy the set myself, they are magnificent.

Could Nintendo be onto something here?
    Could Amiibo and such toy integration be the saving grace of the company, ahead of novelty controllers and the like?
    I know that the Skylanders series pioneered the concept in the west but could we see Nintendo perfect it across hardware platforms and software releases?
    Could he interesting indeed.
    Though, it is ultimately just very expensive DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hope myself it doesn't turn into the cash grab Skylanders has become, sad to think that emanated from Spyro the Dragon.

I've been watching this video over and over and the sooner April 23rd comes around the better!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've been watching this video over and over and the sooner April 23rd comes around the better!

Its terrible wishing your life away, marking the calendar, not according to birthdays, family holidays or such things, but with game release dates!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Its terrible wishing your life away, marking the calendar, not according to birthdays, family holidays or such things, but with game release dates!

The Avengers and Mario Kart DLC are out on the same day. That's going to be an awesome day.

The Avengers and Mario Kart DLC are out on the same day. That's going to be an awesome day.

Who cares about Uncle Bob's 65th, I want to race with Animal Crossing, in a 200cc kart, then see Hulk and Iron Man go to it!

• Advertisement

Japan-centric Direct on Sunday, 7pm Japan time (6am here, by my calculation)
    Announcing Wii U/3DS releases in Japan for the Summer. Might get some surprises, you'd never know.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/29/japan-centric-nintendo-direct-airing-this-weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Been all but confirmed Fire Emblem iF will be part of it, as its out late in the Summer in Japan.

Trying to remember, was the e3 direct region specific, or was there just the American one?

New Chibi Robo!
    Woo hop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

New Micro Direct hit America today.

Big news is Splatoon update of Ranked Battles, new weapon and map hitting later today (probably 3 or 4 in the morning due to 'Murica time).

Chibi-Robo news
    Mario & Sonic at 2016 Olympics (it has soccer, volleyball and rugby.... could it be actual fun?)
    New Dr.Mario in 2 weeks
    Bravely Second out 2016 :(
    Other stuff I cant remember

I love how only Nintendo are like "Hey there's this previously unannounced Dr Mario game we made, you can get it next week" or "Remember those Splatoon maps we promised? The first one is out today!". It's really pretty cool. Not to mention the whole random mini out of nowhere Direct.

And just over 2 weeks before E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CTdXkrtVAAAeOvd.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Hope there are new Splatoon maps.

• Advertisement

Hope there are new games. :o

Advertisement