Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chem trails

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I hope for your sake you kept breathing through a damp cloth over for the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

oh my... ...the antichrist?
    Can I ask why a biblical all powerful enemy such as satan would need to develop a overly complex method to take over the world? Surly (s)he'd just open the gates of hell and release all and sundry onto the earth. I'd imagine the initial shock/fear would would be the pinnical of what "shock and awe" could achieve.

I hear lidle are doing a special on gas masks next tuesday, in case your interested.

I love it though "according the the reports we have received" - care to produce these reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Maybe he likes a challenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

Did i say i believed it? :p I said it was the most amusing and well thought out theory i've seen yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Just when I was about put this one out to pasture as one of the wierder ones

This
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/05/19/2249568.htm

pops up on telly.

better explanation here
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23724410-29277,00.html

interestin

What do you expect poeple to understand "well thought out theory" to mean?

that first one stinkfist linked to, jaysus if the NWO could pull that off, feck Even I'd worship em as Gods.

that youtube should be required readin for anyone thinkin about makin some youtubery, little things like how to set the volume to just the right level of overbearing, how to shkilfully insert typo's and of course the editing, there were a few points where I thought hmm interestin, interestin, whats yer conclusion and then BAM just as the conclusion is about to scroll onto the screen. cut to next section, beautifuly edited, there were some other bits in there that made 'absolutley'(no seriously some bits made even less thn no sense) no sense, sorto of halfassed bible quotes.

Funny tho.

I like that anonomous thing, very apt

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Yeah, I've heard that one before. Absolutely crazy idea if you ask me.

yeah, filling the sky with Sulphur, what with the heat and the fact that this country is one giant Fvckn desert that would be the icing on the cake as to makin the place Hell on Earth.

remember tho, this is a country Crazy enough to do it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 JIMSTARK

yeah, filling the sky with Sulphur, what with the heat and the fact that this country is one giant Fvckn desert that would be the icing on the cake as to makin the place Hell on Earth.

remember tho, this is a country Crazy enough to do it!

Something similar is already taking place the world over.

JIMSTARK wrote: »
    Something similar is already taking place the world over.

Ah no, no its not, I know we dont generally come down conclusivley on one side or the other in these conspiracies, but NO, thats bollox, even if they are sprayin chemtrails they aint puttin Sulphur in the Troposphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ulysses1

Well I can't believe this discussion is still thought about as "conspiracy". It's getting easier to cover things these days by simply branding them "conspiracy theories". The bigger the lie these days, well just brand it that and be done. No-one will ever believe the tin-foil hat wearers.

While I don't side that chemtrails are afforded as a means to depopulate the world as some would believe, the very fact that chemtrails exist shouldn't be in question. The German Air Force admits they are spraying portions of the atmosphere here: http://www.chycho.com/?q=Chemtrails

It has been well known in the field of pseudo-environmentalism or otherwise, atmospheric chemistry, that spraying fine particulate matter in the stratosphere will produce tangiable effects. The US and EU countries have been doing this for years through relatively small-scale testing. Why oh why this is thought of as a conspiracy is ludicrous to me.

However, problems arise when such spraying is linked to "secret agendas". None of us will truely ever know why and what they are spraying up there and I for one wouldn't like to hazard a guess because that's where the conspiracy lies. I emplore anyone living close to small air strips in this country to look up periodically. I've seen many occasions of low flying aircraft zig-zagging across the sky in this country leaving behind them trails that simply do not dissipate as they should. And "as they should" is relatively basic science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭jeremyquinn

The cat is now coming out of the bag on this issue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/sep/01/climatechange.endangeredhabitats

All to prevent global warming... What a joke, it is a global depopulation plan.

And the plebs cannot even see the spraying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

ulysses1 wrote: »
    While I don't side that chemtrails are afforded as a means to depopulate the world as some would believe, the very fact that chemtrails exist shouldn't be in question. The German Air Force admits they are spraying portions of the atmosphere here: http://www.chycho.com/?q=Chemtrails

If you take an admission that chaff was deployed during war-games as an admission of "spraying portions of the atmosphere", then yes, you're completely right.

However, problems arise when such spraying is linked to "secret agendas". None of us will truely ever know why and what they are spraying up there and I for one wouldn't like to hazard a guess because that's where the conspiracy lies.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there isn't actually much mystery about why planes would deploy chaff in military manouevers.

trails that simply do not dissipate as they should. And "as they should" is relatively basic science.
    Indeed. Its so relatively basic that I'm willing to bet you won't go into detail about it.

bonkey wrote: »
    Indeed. Its so relatively basic that I'm willing to bet you won't go into detail about it.

Sorry I will have to excuse your ignorance. If you're in any doubt as to the contents of contrails I'd suggest you find a "Chemistry for Dummies" book at your local bookstore. They may have a section on the products of combustion, or something largely similar.

Not needing to delve into theoretical physics, a classical description of thermodynamics will do:

Time to dissipate = Mass of water crystal * (Q + heat of fusion)/power.

Even in Ireland's climate, this is approximately 120 seconds, but hey we'll give it longer - say 300 seconds for argument's sake.

And since you're so adept at military war-games I will succumb to your other moot points as one who has been "corrected".

Enjoy your evening.

Sorry I will have to excuse your ignorance. If you're in any doubt as to the contents of contrails I'd suggest you find a "Chemistry for Dummies" book at your local bookstore. They may have a section on the products of combustion, or something largely similar.

Not needing to delve into theoretical physics, a classical description of thermodynamics will do:

Even in Ireland's climate, this is approximately 120 seconds, but hey we'll give it longer - say 300 seconds for argument's sake.

And since you're so adept at military war-games I will succumb to your other moot points as one who has been "corrected".

Enjoy your evening.

Do you not know that Bonkey and his mates use the scientific method?

All you do is wheel out experts in white coats and the plebs are supposed to bow down and believe the lot. Take this global warming scam as the prime example.

Bonkey will now reply will a four page "scientific" explanation of chemtrails, where does he get the time???

Well the scientific method takes evidence and comes to conclusions based on the laws of physics and common sense.

So, somehow your way of making up stuff, warping facts to fit you already defined conclusions and linking to youtube videos is a better practice, is it?

humanji wrote: »
    Well the scientific method takes evidence and comes to conclusions based on the laws of physics and common sense.

So, somehow your way of making up stuff, warping facts to fit you already defined conclusions and linking to youtube videos is a better practice, is it?

I tell you something, I use my own judgement. I do not look for government supplied figures as the starting point for research.

Are you aware that "theories" are scrapped all the time? So all you PC lot will say one thing today, and another thing tomorrow.

This chemtrails programme is now so exposed, I would expert a full declaration from the US military before the end of the year.

"we are saving the planet, if we told the plebs they would have panicked. things are really in dire straits". You know, that type of thing.

So when are you going to scrap your theories? Or are your ones exempt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I tell you something, I use my own judgement. I do not look for government supplied figures as the starting point for research.
    So you freely admit that your "research" is biased? You only look for info that supports what you want to believe? I would bet that when asked to prove some thing you would use the old "google/search for x/y/z yourself and you'll see" routine.

Given that cloud will be subject to the same constraint (what with it being water vapour and all), it would seem you've just proven that no cloud in Ireland can remain in the sky for more than 300 seconds.

Evidence suggests that this theory is, therefore, wrong.

Bonkey will now reply will a four page "scientific" explanation of chemtrails, where does he get the time???

The more important question should be to ask why we should trust any opinion which comes from someone who doesn't take the time to understand the subject they are offering an opinion on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Given that cloud will be subject to the same constraint (what with it being water vapour and all), it would seem you've just proven that no cloud in Ireland can remain in the sky for more than 300 seconds.

Ah, but ARE they clouds, bonkey? Or are they millions (or billions?) of tiny water-droplet-like cameras, documenting our every move?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

djpbarry wrote: »
    Ah, but ARE they clouds, bonkey? Or are they millions (or billions?) of tiny water-droplet-like cameras, documenting our every move?
    :rolleyes:

it's actually smart dust and it acts as nucleation sites to form the drops, smart dust needs energy and condensing water releases a lot of energy

The more important question should be to ask why we should trust any opinion which comes from someone who doesn't take the time to understand the subject they are offering an opinion on.

You've commented on this subject so I'll assume that you have taken the time to understand this subject. Right then...

The problem with being both pedantic and sarcastic at the same time is that you appear to contradict your own rule. Not only that, but you're way off the mark. If you took five mintues to think about what you were writing you will understand that cloud (hey, I can use italics too) and contrails are not the same. They differ not just in terms of their formation (masses etc.), but also in the alititude that they form. If you still believe they are one and the same, then by your reckoning clouds will freely form at all given altitudes, from the ground up. Since you've taken the time to study atmospheric chemistry, you won't need me to tell you why.

Under laboratory conditions - control of wind speed, humidity and temperature - then a contrail will dissipate at the rate given in my post above. Varying altitude affects all three of these variables I'm aware (you still won't need me to tell you why) and inherently predicts the nature of such contrails. I'm quite capable of deciphering a contrail at low, medium and high altitude.

I'll await for you to deny the existence of these next.

djpbarry wrote: »

Have you nothing better to say? If you believe that atmospheric spraying doesn't exist, then I'll bet you have never worked in research chemistry.

:rolleyes:

it's actually smart dust and it acts as nucleation sites to form the drops, smart dust needs energy and condensing water releases a lot of energy

This is just as ridiculous. Disprove they exist or bring something useful to the table.

The problem with being both pedantic and sarcastic at the same time is that you appear to contradict your own rule.
    What rule?
    Not only that, but you're way off the mark.
    If I am, its because I deliberately limited myself to the information I asked you to provide, in order to show that this information was insufficient.
    If you took five mintues to think about what you were writing you will understand that cloud (hey, I can use italics too) and contrails are not the same. They differ not just in terms of their formation (masses etc.), but also in the alititude that they form.
    If you still believe they are one and the same, then by your reckoning clouds will freely form at all given altitudes, from the ground up.
    I never said anything about what levels cloud forms at. Seeing as you mention it though, yes, cloud can form at ground level (e.g. fog) up to a maximum of well over 10,000m.

Contrails typically only form at a far narrower range of altitudes - typically those of so-called "high altitude clouds" - from about 7,000m upwards.

So I would question your assertion that cloud and contrails form at differing altitudes, unless we were talking about ultra-high altitude contrails, where cloud formation is rare.

I'd also point out that if this were true then simply measuring the altitude that thse "persistent contrails" form at and showing that cloud doesn't form at that level would be an easy way for chemtrailers to prove their correctness. That not one of them has engaged in this activity should suggest that something is wrong here. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that its your claim that they form at different altitudes which is wrong.

Let me explain why....

You mentioned earlier that you have seen "many occasions of low flying aircraft zig-zagging across the sky in this country leaving behind them trails that simply do not dissipate as they should".

Given that you claim to understand contrails, you should know that contrails typically don't form at low altitudes at all, but your comment suggested that they can and should form at these levels and should have a calculable dissipation rate at those altitudes.

Now, given that cloud can also form at low levels, you're either suggesting that there's an altitude-band below and above which cloud can form, but within which it cannot...or you're contradicting yourself. You're certainly not referring to contrails above (say) 12,000m or 15,000m, unless by "low flying" you mean in comparison to something like the space shuttle.

Based on this "low level" comment, I decided to ask you about your simple dissipation formula, primarily to see if it had any reference to altitude. Unsurprisingly, it didn't. Not only that, but the only part of the equation which is limited to the contrail and not to the external influences was the water-particle size - a feature common to both cloud and contrail.

Hence my previous comment - your theory applies to cloud dissipation just as equally as to contrail dissipation because there are no elements in your equation which are inapplicable to both.
    I'm quite capable of deciphering a contrail at low, medium and high altitude.
    Most chemtrailers rely on just that type of logic to one degree or another : "it doesn't look right to me". I'm not questioning that you believe it to be true. I'm trying to determine the basis on which you form that belief.

You have a theory about dissipation. You compare that to results. When the results do not match the theory, you apparently conclude that the conclusion must be that the observations are not what they appear to be, rather than consider that the theory is wrong.

Until you have physical evidence to support the notion that "these are not normal contrails", you're discarding scientific reasoning in order to argue a scientific position.

If thats the basis for your belief, then thats fine. I'm happy to point out that no matter how much scientific verbiage you wrap around that belief, you're still throwing out the basic principle of falsifiability in order to reach your conclusion.

• Advertisement

Disprove they exist

So much for scientific reasoning, eh? I mean...shouldn't we first make a solid argument for existence, in order to have something to "disprove" ???

Advertisement