Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying Clothes and Accessories on-line: recommendations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ianhurley15

they sell them in stephens green shopping centre nt sure wot the shops called but its beside 3g. itz nt too expensive 50 euro for a tee-shirt but even with import tax they'd probs be cheaper online

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

50 euros is a complete rip for a hollister t-shirt, especially for the quality and the state of their (un)humourous t-shirts online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

www.chemical-records.co.uk - big sale on at the moment in their clothing section; maharishi, addict, zoo york, nuumph, wesc, DC, etc etc, just ordered a sweet ltd edition maharishi hoodie. i order a lot of records from this site and they are really efficient and really quick.

www.karmaloop.com

www.digitalgravel.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Hey, Anyone know of a good website that i can buy nice evening wear from....??
    Have a wedding coming up and cant find anything on ebay this time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Melissa47

Im sure these have come up before but one for me and one for the boyfriend

www.strawberrynet.com ... for familiar make up & fragrance brands
    www.4men.ie ... for great mens grooming gifts & shaving brands

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭niavie

www.kudosbeauty.ie

good for perfume, dermalogica, jessica nails and st tropez;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TEDDYBEAR90

www.net-a-porter.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭eoghan h

probably already been said but: www.dress-for-less.ie

cheap hillfiger, ben sherman clothes etc...
    I just recieved an order from them - the clothes are genuine and shipping is really quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

Tree wrote: »
    anyone know of any good sites for the supersize ladies? cheaper than evans would be a good thing :)

www.joebrowns.com do tops at size 18 that are GORGEOUS
    www.simplybe.ie is really expensive
    www.laredoute.fr have a plus size section (if you speak french)
    www.littlewoods.ie do some plus size stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

Femmy wrote: »
    Hey, Anyone know of a good website that i can buy nice evening wear from....??
    Have a wedding coming up and cant find anything on ebay this time..

www.monsoon.co.uk maybe?

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/icat/eveningdresses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

I found this shoe store on ebay; http://stores.ebay.com/AMI-SHOE-STORE_Shoe-7-5-Euro-38_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ16QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They ship really fast and shoes work out at about €30 at most. Great find.

Also www.bluefly.com stocks designer clothes and are reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

I could swear on this website :) It has celebrity influenced style clothing and accessories at a reasonable price PERFECT!

http://www.asos.com/

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

http://dshirt.co.uk/

Only about a dozen t-shirts but cool designs.
    All about £9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HootieMcBoobie

Larianne wrote: »
    Okay, I want a nice pair of boots. Knee high and either flat or with a small heel. Any good sites for finding these?

And sites with more unusal shoes. Please. :)

http://www.shoestudio.ie/pws/Home.ice

I've bought some boots from this site, delivered in less than a week, same as the ones I'd seen in House of fraser but HOF didnt have my size. They were cheaper on this site too..

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

hi just wondering if anyone knows where I could buy Love Label on the internet. Topshop do it in store but was wondering if I could find it anywhere on the web?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

pampers1 wrote: »
    hi just wondering if anyone knows where I could buy Love Label on the internet. Topshop do it in store but was wondering if I could find it anywhere on the web?

I think Family album now Littlewoods used to do it, have a look at their site www.littlewoodsireland.ie
    Not sure if they still do or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Skull_Collector

Don't know if its on the list. But The Army Center is up for sale!

Found it here today: http://marketplace.sitepoint.com/auctions/32934

Was kinda surprised when I seen it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 She

For hair and beauty products www.hqhair.com - its expensive but they have everything. or strawberrynet.com - range not as good but less expensive.
    www.browniepoints.ie is another favourite for handbags and jewellery - alot of irish designers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 *Sapphira*

The blog beaut.ie is great for new product reviews and it also includes a list of links to favourite websites which have been mentioned above!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭emmagean

i cant speak personally for this site as i havent bought anything from them but a colleague of mine has.

free delivery too

not the biggest selection but does seem reasonable

www.cosmeticsathome.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 enchantedpixie

i don't know how popular asian fashion is in Ireland, but these stores carry some of the most unique clothing items i've seen around:

www.zipia.net (korean urban style clothing)
    www.susiekim.kr (like zipia, but cheaper!)
    www.sophistix.net (singapore store, cute vests & dresses)
    www.asiajam.com (malaysian store, a bit retro-style)

i've ordered from susiekim and sophistix directly and they are both great (in terms of service and quality)! the other two my friends have tried but i've yet to give them a try myself !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Jessica84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭do you love it?

skywalker wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere specifically for runners? other than ebay.

have you tried size.co.uk ?
    quite different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'm looking for Junk Food tshirts (or ones similar - a bit quirky, maybe vintage)... 80stees.com is a great site, but I'm just a bit put off by the whole customs and import taxes. Junk Food tshirts retail at about €40 in shops; selling online for about $25. Does anyone know off-hand if it'd be cheaper therefore to buy them online, factoring in customs costs (roughly speaking)? Or does anyone know any site within the EU that has Junk Food tees or a decent selection of vintage tshirts for women? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GayforTorres

If you buy clothes on a UK website, do you have to pay tax on the items? Or is just outside the EU? Sames like a pain, especially if something you want isnt in ireland and you have to buy it online from the UK...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

If you buy clothes on a UK website, do you have to pay tax on the items? Or is just outside the EU? Sames like a pain, especially if something you want isnt in ireland and you have to buy it online from the UK...

Just outside the EU mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GayforTorres

Cool thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Check out www.chargrilled.co.uk

look like funny t-shirts...... though i dont think id wear any myself. My brother has bought the TUNA one and it arrived without delay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ILOVECLOTHES

I Have Just Bought A Top And Shorts From Abercrombie It Doesnt Say Anything About Taxes Will I Be Charged More Later?

Advertisement