Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Size enquiry-Urgent!

• 13-01-2015 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Does anyone know what a size 10 in jeans is in inches?? Ordering high waisted jeans online and haven't a clue what waist size to order, tried to measure but kept getting different sizes! Please help, need to order them ASAP :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think it's waist size thirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Dee15 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what a size 10 in jeans is in inches?? Ordering high waisted jeans online and haven't a clue what waist size to order, tried to measure but kept getting different sizes! Please help, need to order them ASAP :confused:

Normally 28/29" ish......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Normally 28/29" ish......

Yeah, about 28" and a size 12 is about 30".

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dee15

Stheno wrote: »
    I think it's waist size thirty

Thank you so much!:D

Faith wrote: »
    Yeah, about 28" and a size 12 is about 30".

Oh ok, I'd be a bit heavier on the hips recently so would that mean i should go up to a 30?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Well, I wear a 10 in low-waisted jeans and I go up to a 12 in high-waisted jeans because I carry my weight on my middle instead of my hips. I'd typically be a 12 in other clothes. I'm not sure if this is helpful to you or not. They're a tricky thing to order without trying them on first.

Faith wrote: »
    Well, I wear a 10 in low-waisted jeans and I go up to a 12 in high-waisted jeans because I carry my weight on my middle instead of my hips. I'd typically be a 12 in other clothes. I'm not sure if this is helpful to you or not. They're a tricky thing to order without trying them on first.

I've never owned high-waisted jeans before so its all new to me! Trying them on isn't an option unfortunately, i'm 6" so can't find any high-waisted jeans (or many pairs at all ;) ) in the shops! I always wear a size 10 and my middle would be slim enough so i might go with the 28" and hopefully it'll be okay! Thanks so much for your help everyone :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've never owned high-waisted jeans before so its all new to me! Trying them on isn't an option unfortunately, i'm 6" so can't find any high-waisted jeans (or many pairs at all ;) ) in the shops! I always wear a size 10 and my middle would be slim enough so i might go with the 28" and hopefully it'll be okay! Thanks so much for your help everyone :D

Are these very long leg length?

Yes 36" off Asos :)

Yes 36" off Asos :)

Thanks. Top shop tall range do the same length in case you didn't know

• Advertisement

Thanks. Top shop tall range do the same length in case you didn't know

Some jeans go up to a 38" leg aswell :) Brilliant thanks!

Some jeans go up to a 38" leg aswell :) Brilliant thanks!

Glad to help I've a pair of topshop tall jeans for about six years

Also if you ever get to the outlet in banbrisge the designer shop there tends to have very long jeans

Glad to help I've a pair of topshop tall jeans for about six years

Also if you ever get to the outlet in banbrisge the designer shop there tends to have very long jeans

Oh what county is that in??

Just ordered a 28" so hopefully they'll fit :)

Oh what county is that in??

It's up north just past Newry has a gap as well I'm a 34 in flats but with heels need longer. Also check out long tall Sally they used have a concession in Clerys in Dublin, not sure it's still there but they are online

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm 10 and waist 28 or 29. Just by the way a lot of Italian brands have 34" leg as standard. It used to drive me nuts because I had to shorten everything.

They arrived today and are a great fit, Thanks for your help everyone :)

Advertisement