Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pink shirts on guys

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Danni wrote:
    Jeez, he just asked what girls think of guys in a pink shirt. I gave my opinion. I'll lie if ye like and say "oh that would look cool"..
    Whats with these boards? If you have an opinion that not everybody thinks is right you get comments flung at you. I respect everyone else's opinion & im just giving mine
    Quite correct Danni, and thanks for your opinion. To be honest if a girl doesnt want to talk to me because of the colour shirt I'm wearing, then I definitely don't want to talk to her, so that works out fine.

Blondie, as I'll be wearing the shirt out, the belt buckle will be behind the shirt, so is kind of irrelevent. No jacket though? Hmmm, I'm not sure about this. I'd very very pink otherwise! The jacket kind of removes the instant glare of it, but will probably be taken off once under the heat of the stage lights anyway. Are guys in jackets just not cool?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Danni wrote:
    Jeez, he just asked what girls think of guys in a pink shirt. I gave my opinion. I'll lie if ye like and say "oh that would look cool"..
    Whats with these boards? If you have an opinion that not everybody thinks is right you get comments flung at you. I respect everyone else's opinion & im just giving mine

You're missing my point. I don't believe that you can choose who you are truely attracted to, so I don't believe that you can claim that you'd definitely not be into someone wearing a pink shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

robbie1876 wrote:
    Quite correct Danni, and thanks for your opinion. To be honest if a girl doesnt want to talk to me because of the colour shirt I'm wearing, then I definitely don't want to talk to her, so that works out fine.

Blondie, as I'll be wearing the shirt out, the belt buckle will be behind the shirt, so is kind of irrelevent. No jacket though? Hmmm, I'm not sure about this. I'd very very pink otherwise! The jacket kind of removes the instant glare of it, but will probably be taken off once under the heat of the stage lights anyway. Are guys in jackets just not cool?

No its not that they're not cool, it's just that if your up on stage or whatever it will look nicer without the jacket. I'd wear the jacket into the place, and then take it off when you get there. If you are worried about your shirt being too pink you could always wear the shirt open over a tshirt. What shade pink is your shirt, is it say flourecent (sp) pink, normal pink or light pink?

It's light pink, quite bright really. It's tightish, not totally figure hugging but definitely not baggy. I'll try to find a matching colour online somewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i wouldn't wear pink myself, so i wouldn't be caught dead with a guy who was wearing it. thats only my opinion though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

ecksor wrote:
    You're missing my point. I don't believe that you can choose who you are truely attracted to, so I don't believe that you can claim that you'd definitely not be into someone wearing a pink shirt.

K guys, sorry for over-reacting yesterday. I know nobody was taking it out on me, was just in a bad mood. Sometimes i think people can be picked up wrong based on what they write.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

what do you mean by that?

what do you mean by that?

I mean, i took what others said offensively. Whereas if i was having a conversation and they said it to me that way, i'd think nothing of it.

so your now saying that the internet is for nerds?

so your now saying that the internet is for nerds?

Where in god's name did i say anything like that? Are you taking the piss or something?

• Advertisement

Danni wrote:
    Sometimes i think people can be picked up wrong based on what they write.

;)

;)

Thanks for proving my point! ;)

It's easier to have preconcieved notions about people on the internet. For instance, if I type "Hi Danni, I'm Robbie and I wear pink shirts", you would form an opinion of me whether you wanted to or not. Whereas if I'm standing in front of you with a pink shirt on and say "Hi Danni, I'm Robbie", you may not even notice the pink shirt! You may be attracted to (or revolted by) something else.

So Danni, I defend you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I've got a couple of pink Firetrap T-shirts and I think they rock!

Oh and I'm not gay btw...

robbie1876 wrote:
    It's easier to have preconcieved notions about people on the internet. For instance, if I type "Hi Danni, I'm Robbie and I wear pink shirts", you would form an opinion of me whether you wanted to or not. Whereas if I'm standing in front of you with a pink shirt on and say "Hi Danni, I'm Robbie", you may not even notice the pink shirt! You may be attracted to (or revolted by) something else.

So Danni, I defend you.

Exactly! Thanks Robbie1876 :) the internet is a strange place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Giles wrote:
    I've got a couple of pink Firetrap T-shirts and I think they rock!

Oh and I'm not gay btw...

Do you have to state that everytime you meet someone wearing said t-shirts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

damien.m wrote:
    Do you have to state that everytime you meet someone wearing said t-shirts ?

No, it's on the badge he wears with the shirt ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

moridin wrote:
    No, it's on the badge he wears with the shirt ;)

LOL! :)

In my opinion, guys -well straight ones anyway-don't look right in pink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gibby'

I got 1 pink t-shirt. Was a bit dubious when I bought it but I really liked the design. Anyway get a lot of people saying they think its cool which is always good. My female friends mostly all liked it too. Is not a dark pink is quite pale. Only thing I don't like about is the name on the front, and if people haven't heard of supremebeing it's worse because it makes you look arrogant but you can't win them all.

Tried to take a pic but my digital camera is crap! Doesn't really show it very well.

Well, tonight's the night I unleash my pink shirt on an unsuspecting pubic. I'm sure there'll be pics taken at the venue and I'll let you know tomorrow how many guys hit on me and how many girls said "awww bless him, he's comfortable with his sexuality"...hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

how about pink shirt worn open over a black t-shirt?

I think if the shirt is over the top ... like the ones in the film Romeo and Juliet ... there cool ... but you have to be fairly comfortable wearing them to get away with them. If that makes sense?

robbie1876 wrote:
    Well, tonight's the night I unleash my pink shirt on an unsuspecting pubic. I'm sure there'll be pics taken at the venue and I'll let you know tomorrow how many guys hit on me and how many girls said "awww bless him, he's comfortable with his sexuality"...hehehe

Good luck, remember so long as you're confident wearing it you'll be fine. If you get any pics will you post them up here? I really want to see the famous pink shirt now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Imho pink only looks good on black people. If I were black, however, I'm fairly sure I wouldn't wear a pink shirt. Suppose I would if I was gay :D

blondie83 wrote:
    Good luck, remember so long as you're confident wearing it you'll be fine. If you get any pics will you post them up here? I really want to see the famous pink shirt now! :D
    Thanks blondie. It went great last night, the shirt got loads of attention from some very hot girls. After a few minutes of this I was feeling super confident. All was good. Only one girl accused me of being gay, but that was more of an ice breaker, and I ended up with her later that night :D !!

Unfortunately we got very few pics and the ones we got were very bad. However, I've decided for the craic to go pink again next Friday at the Boardstock gig, so if you're there you can marvel at the pink shirt lol.

robbie1876 wrote:
    Thanks blondie. It went great last night, the shirt got loads of attention from some very hot girls. After a few minutes of this I was feeling super confident. All was good. Only one girl accused me of being gay, but that was more of an ice breaker, and I ended up with her later that night :D !!

Unfortunately we got very few pics and the ones we got were very bad. However, I've decided for the craic to go pink again next Friday at the Boardstock gig, so if you're there you can marvel at the pink shirt lol.

Good to hear it went well Robbie1876.. LMAO at the girl that accused you of being gay but ended up kissin u after!!

Ah good stuff, glad it was successful :D I will most probably be at Boardstock, so I look forward to seeing it in person! I suppose a pink shirt is a good conversation opener I'd never even thought of that ;)

blondie83 wrote:
    Ah good stuff, glad it was successful :D I will most probably be at Boardstock, so I look forward to seeing it in person! I suppose a pink shirt is a good conversation opener I'd never even thought of that ;)
    Cool. If I see a blonde girl in the audience pointing and laughing while I'm girating on stage in my pink shirt I'll presume it's you.

Make yourself known on Friday!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

A blonde 83 year old would probably stand out even if she wasn't pointing and laughing.

ecksor wrote:
    A blonde 83 year old would probably stand out even if she wasn't pointing and laughing.
    :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭*Sassy*

Just saw this thread. How did the shirt go down? For the record, all those pastel colours are very in and funky for blokes right now. Pink (salmon or similar), light green, light blue, yellow etc. There are loadsa cool tshirts around and they look great with funky jeans and a suit jacket. C'mon all you nay-sayers, move with the times!!!

Advertisement