Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kiehels Face Scrub

• 13-08-2004 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

This was given some top rating in the Irish Times a while back I think...or somewhere anyway.

Never seen it in a chemist - anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I personally don't want to pay a fortune for products. Right now I'm using a Superdrug face scrub that I got in England for £2, and it's very nice. Exfoliating, but doesn't leave the skin too dry. And did I mention £2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Understood, but there's no superdrug here that I know of and I was hoping this wasn't one of these stupidly-expensive-cos-it-made-it-into-a-reivew products!

Unfortunately I feel that most of those products make it into a review precisely because of the price that they command.

Have you tried BT Grafton Street. It's been a while since I was in there but I thought that they used to have Kiehl stuff there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

I think blu eru do that stuff. Tbh I've never seen it in BT. I'd imagine that it'd set you back 20-30yoyos but its reputed to be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Ah yes, Kiehls. Wonderful products, outrageous prices, unfortunately.

http://www.kiehls.com/

I'm not sure where to buy their products in Dublin, though.

If you're looking for a good facial scrub, try St. Ives Peach (Apricot?) Facial Scrub. Most of the "just a euro" shops around seem to have a recently-fell-off-a-lorry batch in at the moment.

• Advertisement

I think that you've 2 options here

1. try contact Kiehl themselves for a list of stockists in ireland.

2. Contact the Irish Times for the name of their Beauty/Fashion editor and ask that person where to get it. Or else, head to the Irish times office and look through the archive for the issue you reference. Those articles usually list stockists.

Ah see I'd never even heard of the brand. I'm not looking to jump into the Clinique-level of products right now as a student!

Looked up the archives online:
    "Close shave: Skin - and hangovers - respond to a facial scrub, the start of any grooming regime. Kiehls is a cult American brand which produces excellent men's products in fuss-free packaging. Check out their Squadrons Close Shave Cream. Balm is also important, to calm and repair the skin, keeping beard rash at bay (for him and her)." (from The Irish Times - Sat, May 29, 04)

Does the apricot thing leave you smelling like a pansy?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Bri wrote:
    Does the apricot thing leave you smelling like a pansy?! :D

No. Pansies smell like pansies; apricots like apricots.

Thanks for explaining that :p

Advertisement