Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying clothes on Amazon

• 03-01-2020 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

I’m just looking for a bit of advice on buying clothes on Amazon.

So basically a few months back I spotted a really nice jacket from Scotch and Soda that I liked but was out of my price range. I figured I would keep an eye on it for the sales. Initially the only two places I saw it were in Brown Thomas and on the Scotch and Soda website. When I went into the former during the sales not only did they not have it reduced but they had now marked it Spring/Summer so it won’t be reduced any time soon. S&S online had reduced it to a price I would consider paying but it was obviously selling well and had sold out in my size while at full price.

I googled a description of the jacket and it appeared on Amazon and a similar price to the S&S website. I’ve never bought clothes on Amazon although I don’t hesitate to buy clothes online in general. In this instance I have already tried on the jacket so I know what size would fit me. My first concern is that it’s legit. The description says Amazon are an authorized seller of S&S clothing. It is also says it’s sold and dispatched by Amazon. Can I take this to mean that it is genuine? Is there anything else I can check to confirm this?

Secondly could anyone that has bought from Amazon give feedback on the condition of the clothing? When I think of Amazon I just imagine massive warehouses and I’d just be wary of what sort of condition clothes sold by Amazon compared to a local Irish retailer would be in.

Sorry for the longwinded post but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Never had any issues buying anything, clothes or otherwise, off Amazon. If it's being fulfilled by Amazon itself or the actual brand, you are fairly safe in terms of it being genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Twee. wrote: »
    Never had any issues buying anything, clothes or otherwise, off Amazon. If it's being fulfilled by Amazon itself or the actual brand, you are fairly safe in terms of it being genuine.

Thanks for the reply! Ya it says it is fulfilled by Amazon and that they are an authorized dealer so I can probably take it that it’s legit.

Advertisement