Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Village...

• 15-11-2008 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I know there have been a few threads on this, but they all seem to be from 2007! Just wondering if this place is worth a visit (will be passing by next week). Are the discounts anyway decent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 LoveIt

Hi ncmc
    It really depends what you are looking for. Things aren't that cheap but if you want a nice dress for a Christmas party there is a good selection of shops (Karen Millen, Ted Baker, Monsoon). The Nike store is good for sports clothes but not that cheap.
    If you are just going for a browse and don't really have anything in mind or aren't particularly looking for designer goods I reckon you'd probably get better value elsewhere.
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Interesting. I was thinking of going out there but not so bothered now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

does anyone know if the radley bag shop have good discounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

what sort of discounts are you looking at? Like, if you go into french connection in powerscourt centre it's about 10 euro cheaper than other stores, I'm presuming it's a bit more than this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

yeah, was hoping the radley shop might have 20% or more off... or am i dreaming?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

what sort of discounts are you looking at? Like, if you go into french connection in powerscourt centre it's about 10 euro cheaper than other stores, I'm presuming it's a bit more than this?
    sam34 wrote: »
    yeah, was hoping the radley shop might have 20% or more off... or am i dreaming?

I've bought a few bags in the Radley shop in the Village, ranging in price from about €80 to €120, usually reduced by at least 20% if not more.

Also the customer service from Radley is utterly fantastic, I spilt coffee on one of my bags from the village, rang up for advice, they got me to send it back and replaced it.

The bags are definitely cheaper there, and well worth it imo.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Personally don't think much of Kildare Village, if you want last years sale stock, its the place for you. Monsoon, coast, clarkes are full of what seems to me to be old sale stock and seconds.
    The levis, nike, karen millen and a few others are ok, if your passing anyway I'd drop in, but wouldn't make a trip especially for it. You'll be all the way around it in half and hour, hardly any shops.
    It is based on places like in woodburrow common in NY, but has nothing in common with it aside from the layout.
    It had great potential but it certainly didnt live up to expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭jos28

For anyone who seriously likes outlet villages I would recommend a trip to Cheshire Oaks (2 hour drive from Holyhead). I was there last week and the prices were amazing. Sterling rate is so good at the moment,makes it better value. You can sign up online for an extra 10% discount. 200 shops all the major brands. I bought a pair of black leather boots (Reiker) marked £120, got them for £45. Went to the Vans store for my son and got 2 pairs of Vans and a shirt for £32. Don't even get me started on the wine prices in Sainsburys. Came home with a car load of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

jos28 wrote: »
    For anyone who seriously likes outlet villages I would recommend a trip to Cheshire Oaks (2 hour drive from Holyhead). I was there last week and the prices were amazing. Sterling rate is so good at the moment,makes it better value. You can sign up online for an extra 10% discount. 200 shops all the major brands. I bought a pair of black leather boots (Reiker) marked £120, got them for £45. Went to the Vans store for my son and got 2 pairs of Vans and a shirt for £32. Don't even get me started on the wine prices in Sainsburys. Came home with a car load of stuff.

That place is huuuge! It takes forever to get around!

I'm not mad about Kildare Village tbh, I wouldn't be making a trip down anyway, it's quite small and the ranges are quite small/old :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

first time i went to kildare village was when the ralph shop opened, but now i'm sorry i dunno why but i fell the staff in the shop are just arrogant, there in september and the younger ones were just talking amongst themselves, planning their j1. and plus there seems to be less womens stock there nowadays.
    And it's shocking but I've become bored of my hazelnut hot chocolate, LoL.
    Molton and Brown is nice, pretty lush like.
    Jack Wills is yummy lol, you would, several times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement