Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World Championship Qualifiers 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Hendry won frame 3 with a high break of 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I bit the bullet and paid an annual subscription to Eurosport to watch this match. I should get good value per hour as it looks like it will be a long match...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Not sure jimmys pressing home his case for yet another tour wild card for next season here.

He really should have made a better effort to pot those two pinks in the 3rd frame. Just tried to lag them towards the pocket without actually really going for them. Came back to bite him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It's like watching a B horror movie, you will wait to see the ending....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Hendry winning the mind games as well as the frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Great comeback by Hendry there. He seems to be getting back into form now and becoming more confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Vintage 67 clearance from hendry. 5-1 up now

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Bollox - I thought this was on tomorrow night. Forgot today is Monday.

Hard fought 58 from Jimmy there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Standard is fairly brutal alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭paddyref

5-3 is a comeback on the cards for Jimmy, his confidence seems to have improved dramatically with these last 2 frame wins.

You'd have to think hendry will still get at least 2, probably more, chances to finish it off. And may well need a few of them way it's going.

Massive pressure now I think on hendry....

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭fran38

I'd say Hendry is so embarrassed by his form that it wouldn't surprise me if he went back into retirement even if he wins this match.

Bit unlucky with the split but here's chance no.2.

Fair play to hendry. Jimmy was very very poor. Hendry deserved the win.

Best thing i can say about that match is thank god it wasn't best of 19. The standard of that and it's ronnie the one who's been talked of retirement today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I thought this was up to 10, lucky it wasn't, bad standard, Jimmy was really bad. Hendry wasn't much better, but nicked a couple of frames from unpromising positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Was suspicious of all this Jimmy odds on favourite talk beforehand. Hendry was certainly there for the taking early on. But Jimmy was as bad and allowed Hendry get his arm going and play himself back into the groove.

Hendry might win another match or two and go close, now he has that under his belt.

• Advertisement

Hendry could maybe take Xu Si next round, don't think he's any world beater or anywhere close, but honestly couldn't give him much chance against Zhou Yeulong who has a genuine bit of class about him. Hendry can and will get better but tonight exposed how far he's behind i think, nowhere near the required level.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wouldn't it be ironic if Hendry beating Jimmy at the Crucible caused the end of Jimmys career. Looks like he'll lose his place on the tour now.

Good start for Ken here. Think he has a decent chance this year with the group he's drawn, looked pretty sharp in that opening frame.

The Nal wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be ironic if Hendry beating Jimmy at the Crucible caused the end of Jimmys career. Looks like he'll lose his place on the tour now.

I didn't see this but according to Phil Mudd, jimmys tour status was never in any danger anyway. Sorted for life it would appear.

https://twitter.com/MuddPhil/status/1379312276176576512?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

It wasn't really 'announced' formally. He said it on a podcast in a general 'Hendry and Jimmy can have as many cards as they want' way.

I'm not sure after his antics last night that Jimmy's nerves would be able for another season.

zuutroy wrote: »
    It wasn't really 'announced' formally. He said it on a podcast in a general 'Hendry and Jimmy can have as many cards as they want' way.

Is that the Talking Snooker podcast? But yes, could hardly be an official announcement before season is over, and while jimmy is still actually among the qualifiers on the one year list, so mudd is jumping the gun a bit there. Does sound like it will happen though.

Ken 2-1. Playing ok. Lee Walker possibly one of worst displays of escaping from snookers I've seen in a while, given some amount of points away so far.

Ken cueing well :)

• Advertisement

3-1 Ken. Solid, though has to be said walker has been poor.

Advertisement