Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom ideas

• 20-03-2021 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm looking for the creative ones to help me out.
    I have a limited budget and trying to do this bathroom up. (It badly needs it)
    I was thinking of painting tiles, putting up a shower screen/glass blocks, boxing in the bath with tongue and groove and then nice flooring.
    I can't afford to tile or change the sink or toilet right now

Any ideas or suggestions would really be appreciated or if you could point me to a forum that might.
    Thanks a million.
    W.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Half way though my DYI job, nice a cheaply done so far:

In the house a year to starting replacing stuff this week, should be finished next week. Some of my ideas:

New bath panel - €20 screwfix (replaced a dodge painted MDF one)
    New Bath/shower screen - €120 (replaced a curtain)
    New Toilet Seat - €17 (replaced a dodgy one)
    New Flooring - Vinyl & Underlay (to cover over white tiles) - €80
    New Vanity Unit (to replace a standard sink) - €250
    New LED light Mirror (to replace an existing mirror & shaver light) - €230
    Replace 4no. downlights with LED White (replace the yellow ones) - €10
    Re-paint Ceiling & Door.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Thanks a million for that. I appreciate it

quote="lemonkey;116763366"]Half way though my DYI job, nice a cheaply done so far:

In the house a year to starting replacing stuff this week, should be finished next week. Some of my ideas:

New bath panel - €20 screwfix (replaced a dodge painted MDF one)
    New Bath/shower screen - €120 (replaced a curtain)
    New Toilet Seat - €17 (replaced a dodgy one)
    New Flooring - Vinyl & Underlay (to cover over white tiles) - €80
    New Vanity Unit (to replace a standard sink) - €250
    New LED light Mirror (to replace an existing mirror & shaver light) - €230
    Replace 4no. downlights with LED White (replace the yellow ones) - €10
    Re-paint Ceiling & Door.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Holor

Since you are looking for ideas to improve your bathroom, I would advise you to take care of your bathroom curtains, because they will add to your comfort and make bathing more comfortable and intimate. You may have a question about which of them is better to choose, I think that curtains with iron rings look best, they look more expensive and besides, such a mount is the most reliable. You probably think of this as [url=https://www.sanitisationsingapore.com/articles/how-to-wash-curtains-with-rings.html]washing curtains with metal rings[/url] , but this is by no means difficult, they can be washed even in a typewriter, although this should be done at low speeds and in a delicate mode.

Advertisement