Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vivera veggie bacon

Options
  • 20-03-2021 12:00pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any idea where to get Vivera veggie bacon since Tesco have stopped stocking it? Alternatively any similar flavoursome bacon substitute, ideally available online, for veggie carbonara and similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

smacl wrote: »
    Any idea where to get Vivera veggie bacon since Tesco have stopped stocking it? Alternatively any similar flavoursome bacon substitute, ideally available online, for veggie carbonara and similar.
    M&S do a lovely one on their plant kitchen menu, and I believe Dunnes have started stocking Finnebrogue Naked plant based bacon this week
    Edit, sorry, just saw that you said online. Maybe plantini.co.uk? They deliver to ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mia2013

nikpmup wrote: »
    M&S do a lovely one on their plant kitchen menu, and I believe Dunnes have started stocking Finnebrogue Naked plant based bacon this week
    Edit, sorry, just saw that you said online. Maybe plantini.co.uk? They deliver to ROI

never tired those Finnebrogue Naked plant based bacon - are they good? comparing to the quorn bacon, which is not good at all, is it better?

thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It is a LOT better than quorn.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

nikpmup wrote: »

Got a selection of stuff from Plantini which arrived yesterday and looks very promising, including various bacon, chorizo and carpaccio substitutes. Eldest was thrilled and I'll report back on the highlights as they get eaten. Mock duck, chickpea and spinach curry was had last night and went down well.

Thanks all for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Xlaxeo

smacl wrote: »

Sgaia Mheats rashers are lovely.

Nourrish stock them, and got some for me recently

• Advertisement
Advertisement