Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can meat producers make vegan food?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Both great, I like black more myself

Had them yesterday, both really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Bigbooty wrote: »
    The Rudd's sausages are really good. Picked them up in Dunnes. Nice spice and texture to them. Better than the Denny's.

I just had these. I have to be honest I’d go for the Denny ones. Myself & herself thought they were very alike though. The Denny ones are 50 cent cheaper and you get 2 extra which the two dogs get in their kongs.

Loved the Rudd’s puddings though when I had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That Denny's craic is way too close to real deal for me - the burger gives me the heebiest of jeebes. I'd be keen hear from an omnivore as to how it rates as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DecoDeco91

As a meat eater I would say no, an organisation cannot do both, it makes no sense.

I raise our own meat and buy from a local butcher what we don't do ourselves. We know how those animals are raised, we know what goes into them. All local, good welfare etc.

So to have little school/college students, who are the predominant vegans in our area preaching to me we should all go vegan, and they sitting outside McDonald's with "vegan" burger... Is a bit hypocritical.

McDonald's and the like go against everything I stand for. Cheap processed factory farmed or low end cheap meat products... And here they are giving them money because vegan meal....

In my opinion, for the most part, veganism is a new fad/trend. It goes hand in hand with the LGBTQ lot, as again that demographic and vegans here are very much the same group of young people. Nothing against it, but I've had friends that have claimed be either and both, and some who have then reverted back to original gender and diet as they grew up. I started college in 2010 and both of these ideas were seen as new, and like I said a lot of people just jumped on it to be cool/different/fit in.

Now I actually commend vegans in so much as they got people thinking about where their food comes from, animal welfare needs to improve, and I agree that we should eat less meat overall. But I don't agree with their alternative views on eating animals. I don't believe all farmers are rapists and murderers as they put it.

I mean there are some real rotten parents in this world, doesn't mean all parents are rotten... And plenty of children live worse lives than animals, if we all equal why are they never bringing up these issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sekond

We're committed omnivores 😁, although trying to move a little further down towards vegetarianism where we can and I suspect at least one of my daughters will end up vegetarian at some stage, which is why I lurk around here a bit. We've recently switched to the Denny meatfree sausages completely. I bought them as an experiment and the whole family actually prefer them to regular sausages. The mince freaks me out a little as it doesn't cook like 'real' mince, but mostly they don't notice much of a difference when I put it in bolognese or chili. The burgers are ok, but the texture is a bit off or something. When we want veggie burgers, we tend to go for ones that are actual vegetables rather than something pretending to be meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

when I started this thread I had two kidneys, now I am down one so it would be best advised to cut all bacon products and limit red meat , I haven’t checked the sodium content of vegan meat products but I should stick to more veg and water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Yikes! Hope all is well with the remaining one.

A mate lost one after getting hurt at football, and required removal.

He cut right back on alcohol, and never had any problem otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

On holidays at the min and had my first drinks , hangover was brutal 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

Regarding the thread title - Sure, I can't see why not.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
Advertisement