Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snooker season 2020/21

• 31-08-2020 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭

I see that all events between now and the UK championship are due to take place in Milton Keynes.

This includes the Northern Ireland Open, so no trips to Belfast this year. And the German Masters is also in Milton Keynes

But at least the UK is back in the Barbican from 24th November

https://wst.tv/full-calendar/

The calendar looks reasonably regularised now apart from that. For most non Eurosport TV viewers in UK & Ireland the new season would kick off with the English Open on 12th Oct followed by ITV's Champion of Champions

I will no doubt invest in the Eurosport annual pass for €40 and trust in the Eurosport player to arrive in the year 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I wonder will it become dull having all of the events in the same place. Would be interesting to know is there plans to have small crowds at them. I must say even with the complete lack of live sport at the time, I thought the Championship League was incredibly dull.

Hendry back on the tour :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I will no doubt invest in the Eurosport annual pass for €40 and trust in the Eurosport player to arrive in the year 2020

Didn't know it was that inexpensive for the year. I took a single 6.99 monthly in haste for the Worlds. Shudda took the year.

Their server is very good though, never cut out and I don't have the fastest of internet speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Crazy news About Hendry! Can he be competitive??

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭kegg

Can't wait to see how he gets on. Never a huge fan but hope he does well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cudsy1

Bump, hows the post masters calender shaping up?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

cudsy1 wrote: »
    Bump, hows the post masters calender shaping up?

German Masters and Shootout next, both in Milton Keynes behind closed doors.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_snooker_season#Calendar

Can't see the Welsh Open or the Players being in their normal venues in February either.
    The Tour Championship at the end of March probably the earliest chance of a normal event, but unlikely.
    Hopefully the Crucible in April can be in front of a vaccinated audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mrunsure

WST Pro Tour starts tomorrow. Coverage on matchroom.live and on betting sites.

Have to say the Pro Series looks like a crock of sh*t. Still not sure I'll get to Sheffield again this year. If so, I'm sure semi-final Saturday will be be more entertaining than last year! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Have less interest in this new comp as i have in championship league and that is as near to zero as makes no difference. But it's definitely useful for players to keep ticking over and especially for those at lower end of rankings. Aaron Hill is out tomorrowagainst the likes of Kyren Wilson, Li Hang and Yuan Sijun which will be decent game time for him.

And, quelle surprise, no hendry. Apparently, his work at the masters didnt give him sufficient time to prepare. Or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mrunsure

Aaron Hill is out tomorrow

According to

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=1113&template=24&season=2020&tzm=1

Hill has withdrawn, replaced by Scottish player Dean Young.

Even though this is ranking this seems to be lower key than the non-ranking Championship League from a few days ago. There is no commentary on matchroom.live, matchroom.live is only showing one out of the four matches going on at the same time whereas you could see both simultaneous matches for the Championship League. The Championship League also had TV coverage on Freesports whereas the Pro Tour has no TV coverage outside China.

All matches can be seen on betting sites.

Welsh Open to be played in.....Wales. Now there's a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

German Masters starts today with the final 32. Just looking at Fergal O'Brien's draw, there's no one in his section of the draw he should fear. And with Higgins withdrawing he could make a semi final if he plays well.

Good chance alright for fergal, going alright against Michael White here. Watched a bit of ding earlier, was extremely poor, only for a miscue Filicpak would almost certainly have beaten him. With judd just back after covid, its definitely a wide open looking event this week.

Fergal wins 5-1, into the last 16. Either Mark Joyce or Joe O'Connor in the next round. Won't get a better chance at making a QF again in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Dominic Dale beat Stephen Maguire 5-4, good win but Maguire threw the toys out of the pram again

Dominic Dale beat Stephen Maguire 5-4, good win but Maguire threw the toys out of the pram again

Didnt see the finish but saw dale getting 3 snookers to win one of the earlier frames, that wouldn't have done mags' mood a power of good!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

zuutroy wrote: »
    Welsh Open to be played in.....Wales. Now there's a surprise!

Interesting, where did you hear that?

There's a real early season vibe about this tournament, some of the little of it i've watched has been extremely patchy to say the least. Judd looking very undercooked here for one. Alas, not looking good for fergal 0-4 vs Joe O'Connor.

• Advertisement

There's a real early season vibe about this tournament, some of the little of it i've watched has been extremely patchy to say the least. Judd looking very undercooked here for one. Alas, not looking good for fergal 0-4 vs Joe O'Connor.

Yeah there's no buzz about this tournament at all

Fergal has him right where he wants him now...

eric hoone wrote: »
    Yeah there's no buzz about this tournament at all

While its good in one sense to see new names, when 7 of the top 16 are already gone by the tv stages, its going to take away some of the attraction. Perry doing his best here to keep judd in it at least!

And perry misses frame ball to let judd in and clean up the match. Good night and good luck!

Really hope it's the Lisowski match (v Brecel) that's shown tonight... The rest look x-rated :p Bingham ranked higher, so mightn't bother watching if they put on him v R. Williams instead

Savage pot from Lisowski there!

Big frame won by Lisowski there 3-0

This has got to be the week for lisowski. Might have to beat judd but judd a little off colour from what i've seen. Otherwise no excuses for jack this time.

Ding struggling here, as usual vs top player these days

• Advertisement

That black by judd in F2 will be right up there among the shots of the season. Dunno if even ronnie could have played that, remarkable.

Advertisement