Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corona virus in waterford

• 14-02-2020 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Just been told that the WRH is in lockdwn.. People running about with face masks and general chaos down there.!!..someone must of jinxed out city.. This week we had the up the ra debacle.. Then the Mary butler saga.. How do was reported dead(which was a false rumour) and now the deadly virus is here..my advice is don't go near the place until you really need to.. I'm going to sligo for the weekend to be safeðŸ‘.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm going to sligo for the weekend to be safeðŸ‘.

I'd prefer the Corona virus! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭Allinall

Did you read it on Waterford Whispers by any chance?

Are these people running around in face masks doctors and nurses?

I'm glad How Do is grand.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ive been out in UHW every day over the last week, twice some days and yes it is on lock down, but its been like that since before Christmas, its nothing to do with the Coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Howdo has nine lives

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

Howdo has nine lives

I have not seen HowDo for a long time, is he still around? I don't really ask about local characters in Waterford anymore ha ha

DeiseNew wrote: »
    I have not seen HowDo for a long time, is he still around? I don't really ask about local characters in Waterford anymore ha ha

He's in a nursing home afaik!

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ive been out in UHW every day over the last week, twice some days and yes it is on lock down, but its been like that since before Christmas, its nothing to do with the Coronavirus

Actually News and Star reporting a patient reporting with suspected coronavirus. OP isn't telling lies.

That N&S story is only a developing story since 3pm yesterday, so not what the OP was referring to. Hopefully this suspected case will come ack negative.

What is a bit worrying though is, my dad is currently in a room on his one in one of the Medical wards, he was informed yesterday afternoon just before 4pm that he would need to be moved to another ward as there was a patient on the way in that is possibly very sick and needs his room. If this happens to be the same patient that is now suspected of this virus, then surely they shouldn’t be putting them on a normal ward in amongst other very sick people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

That N&S story is only a developing story since 3pm yesterday, so not what the OP was referring to. Hopefully this suspected case will come ack negative.

What is a bit worrying though is, my dad is currently in a room on his one in one of the Medical wards, he was informed yesterday afternoon just before 4pm that he would need to be moved to another ward as there was a patient on the way in that is possibly very sick and needs his room. If this happens to be the same patient that is now suspected of this virus, then surely they shouldn’t be putting them on a normal ward in amongst other very sick people.
    Some of the individual rooms in the Medical wards (On the ground floor) are isolation rooms, AFAIK. So that is probably where they would put them.

• Advertisement

Some of the individual rooms in the Medical wards (On the ground floor) are isolation rooms, AFAIK. So that is probably where they would put them.

Well it wasn’t a ground floor room that my dad was in, maybe they may have had to move someone from one of those to the room where my dad was, to make way for this patient, that’s possible.

I wasn't allowed visit my mother today. Had to leave her stuff at reception to be collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Told yee lads.. They were trying to keep it under wraps until the media got hold of it.. Scary times

Told yee lads.. They were trying to keep it under wraps until the media got hold of it.. Scary times

What you were on about is nothing to do with the case from yesterday.

I wasn't allowed visit my mother today. Had to leave her stuff at reception to be collected.

Some of those security people are absolute pricks, no compassion at all. its gotten to the stage that I just walk past them now when they open the door to let others in or out, no one is going to tell me that I can't see my dad who is a very sick man.

And before anyone jumps to any conclusions, its mainly the Irish ones that are acting the pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

And before anyone jumps to any conclusions, its mainly the Irish ones that are acting the pricks.

Literally no one was jumping to conclusions.

Doff wrote: »
    Literally no one was jumping to conclusions.

Well, Im just putting it out there before anyone does is all

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Some of those security people are absolute pricks, no compassion at all. its gotten to the stage that I just walk past them now when they open the door to let others in or out, no one is going to tell me that I can't see my dad who is a very sick man.

My wife had to write a letter of complaint to the hospital about the security men,
    Her father is dying and even though her and her family's names are on a list to be allowed in on a couple of occasions they had nothing but trouble to get in.
    It's the last thing anyone with that on their mind needs

I was there today. Big row broke out with security and one visitor. The whole set up is pure chaos

That’s a daily occurrence at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So we have a potential case is it?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

He only arrived in yesterday at three o clock. Just because you make up a story and then something similar happens 4 days later doesn't make you right

With regards to the security it's hard having to tell visitors to stay out but there damned if they do and damned if the don't. The same people will complain if there were no procedures in place to stop infections. The flu spreads thru there rapid when the place is full of visitors . If person your visiting is not on death's door then don't visit simple as

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No one has the virus at WHU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

No one has the virus at WHU.

Eavesdropping on a couple of conversations yesterday, one lad said to another lady, 'suspected case of corona virus in Waterford Hospital'....two minutes later heard same lady confirm to another woman 'sure the corona virus is in Waterford, its on the news'.

Couldn't miss it, both conversations were right beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

The hospital is on lockdown due as it is flu season. The sad fact of the matter is that in general public do not adhere to hand hygiene protocols or visiting restrictions. They are there to protect patients some of whom are severely immunocompromised.
    In relation to COVID-19 there is no big cover up. If there was a confirmed case it would be broadcast to the media through the public health channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Patient tested negative for coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wsopchamp

The hospital is on lockdown due as it is flu season. The sad fact of the matter is that in general public do not adhere to hand hygiene protocols or visiting restrictions. They are there to protect patients some of whom are severely immunocompromised.
    In relation to COVID-19 there is no big cover up. If there was a confirmed case it would be broadcast to the media through the public health channels

Have to agree 100% with you on this . Unfortunately decisions like visitor restrictions have to be put in place when flu, noro virus etc are in community to stop spread of same in hospital , and it's works. Security have a thankless job as if your name is not on list they can't let you pass but fairly sure they don't adhear to this all the time .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Max Powers wrote: »
    Eavesdropping on a couple of conversations yesterday, one lad said to another lady, 'suspected case of corona virus in Waterford Hospital'....two minutes later heard same lady confirm to another woman 'sure the corona virus is in Waterford, its on the news'.

Couldn't miss it, both conversations were right beside me.

well just shows they don't know much.. nothing on the news
    hearsay is never reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Could be as much as 81 students from Waterford just back from skiing from an infected area in Italy in the last 24 hours��.. This could be it folks.��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

We should have Coronavirus parties where everyone gets infected and only the strong survive.
    Grrrr.

Advertisement