Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loveholiday and brexit

• 15-09-2019 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi all
    We have not been away in over 10 years but have staycations and i am looking to book for next july.
    Toying with benidorm for 10 nights 2 adults kids 19 and 9.
    Im looking at loveholidays who are an English company but are atol protected.
    If i book the price is 2600 full board pay now non refundable.
    How do you think it will fare out with brexit if they leave. Or if the hotel or loveholidays go bust. How am i protected?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pay by credit/debit card and get travel insurance, you will be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

Pay by credit/debit card and get travel insurance, you will be covered.

Is it best to take theair travel insurance or sort my own here?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

stedeb wrote: »

I'd check the terms and conditions of what they are offering, sometimes it's limited to travel beginning and ending from the UK but in your case I presume the package is from an Irish airport to Spain in which case it will be covered. Check that there's no UK resident requirement, some insurance policies will have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

stedeb wrote: »

It's always best to organise your own annual policy. Buying single-trip insurance is way more expensive. The travel company is banking on you buying their insurance for convenience (i.e. that you're not bothered to shop around for a better deal) and they get a big slice of commission so it's usually terrible value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Would you not just book flights yourself and rent an apartment separately?

• Advertisement
Advertisement