Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending food to Japan?

• 21-11-2016 8:08pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm making a box of tricks to send to someone in Osaka. The last few items in the box I was hoping to pop in a few food items- Tayto and Cadburys buttons.

Would someone here know if this would A. Be a problem? B. Pointless as they're easily got in Osaka? C. Any recommendations on something small, edible and not easily got in Japan (don't say maccaroon bars because they're gank).

It's a couple I'm sending it to, he's Irish and she's Japanese and apparently when last in Ireland she like both the crisps and buttons.

Would a ring of black and white pudding be a no-no?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

humberklog wrote: »
    I'm making a box of tricks to send to someone in Osaka. The last few items in the box I was hoping to pop in a few food items- Tayto and Cadburys buttons.

Would someone here know if this would A. Be a problem? B. Pointless as they're easily got in Osaka? C. Any recommendations on something small, edible and not easily got in Japan (don't say maccaroon bars because they're gank).

It's a couple I'm sending it to, he's Irish and she's Japanese and apparently when last in Ireland she like both the crisps and buttons.

Would a ring of black and white pudding be a no-no?

Chocolates, crisps & sweets should be fine but i'd probably hold off on sending meats like pudding purely because they might go off or may be stopped by customs. Irish treats in Japan, AFAIK would be pretty hard to come by so it'd be much appreciated!

Advertisement