Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

All the talk of Falafel pushed me to make some tonight. Didn't work out exactly how planned though, had a few beers in me already at that stage which didn't help and they pretty much just disintegrated on me :pac:
    The blender I have isn't great and I'm thinking they probably needed to be blended better. I ended up just draining the oil from what was left of them and throwing it in a wrap with chips and some humous. Wasn't too bad in the end though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kevin JM

Made the following a few weeks ago I think. It wasn't that bad and I was quite pleased with the stuffing and how it turned out. I couldn't resist taking a nice picture of the whole dish:

scrambled tofu mixed with mashed potato and vegan cheese powder. I am very happy with this one :)

18755_1272013694964_1668552474_6395.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

that looks and sounds fabulous! i must go buy some tofu and experiment!

i had toasted bagel last night for dinner :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

maameeo wrote: »
    that looks and sounds fabulous! i must go buy some tofu and experiment!

i had toasted bagel last night for dinner :(

Guess what I had? LoL

Same ting we do every night pinky!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Pasta with a roasted pepper and olive sauce... very yummy. And garlic bread (couldn't stuff enough garlic into the pasta sauce ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Crispy Quorn Fillets, Potatoes, topped with Garlic and Pepper Sauce=)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Bottle of 'Seeds of Change' red pepper pasta sauce, pasta and butter beans for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Denver Red Toenail

Spaghetti with a glug of oil, generous spoon of tofutti, cherry tomatoes, finely chopped red onion and garlic, steamed mushrooms and kale. Really good (if I do say so myself), and took less than fifteen minutes. I'm painfully full now though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48 frecklz

Roast Veg and Butter Bean Pie with Basil Mash. From the Cornucopia Cookbook. It's my bible.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 pandora_mole

chickpea & mushroom masala curry with steamed rice! From scratch of course.:rolleyes:

Ate far too much of course.:pac:

And then drank two cups of tea after that.:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mushrooms, onions, garlic, carrots, broccolli, mung beans dutch beans, chickpeas, peas, sweetcorn, quorn stirfry. mmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I had chips cheese and garlic. Whata dinner:p:pac:

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I had chips cheese and garlic. Whata dinner:p:pac:

I wish I had that! Although i threw loads of garlic in my chips to try and make up for it :(

i hadnt had it in so long! It was so so so good. So good.

And i was gonna get it tonight, but the place didnt have it :(:(:(

Stop rubbing it in. I'm going to try and find somewhere at lunch in college tomorrow that has them now grr :D

awh, i've made myself want some more now:(

Muahaha back fired.I want to sleep but I also am wondering how bad would my attempt at homemade garlic cheese chips be..

I've tried homemade ones quite a lot, and they never turn out as good. Ever. Ever

lmao. Just as I expected. I have like a garlic dip from apache, a few cloves of garlic, bag of potatoes and some cheddar saying cooooome on, you know you want to. I can just imagine how bad I would make them

yerah sure, have a bash at it:p

• Advertisement

I'll be the laughing stock of the what did you eat for dinner last night thread. Half raw cheesy potato lumps of garlic dish, mmm. :p

Might be a good idea for the veggie cooking club thread heh

If anybody sees this tomorrow and knows anywhere with good ones in dublin post!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I made a brocoli and cauliflower crumble. I've never made a savoury crumble before. It's usually a dessert recipe for me. Have to say, it came out nice.

I want to try a recipe for savoury icecream for the next time I make it. It'll be like a dessert shaped dinner. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I went to the mongolian bbq last night. Savage. Can't complain about the food really, considering you practically make it yourself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I had some sushi that despite being filled with dubious looking items from this photo, was delicious! That was last night, tonight I had chilli with quorn mince, kidney beans and way too much garlic as I had an accident with a bag of frozen chopped garlic and leaning over into the pan too much :P Still was savage though!

...I fail at posting pictures, so click the attachment for blurry, dubious looking seaweed and rice blobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

They look quite nice! :)

I didn't have much time last night, so I had a multi-seed ciabatta with mixed leaves, mayonnaise, feta cheese, olives and sun-dried tomatoes. I'm not quite as adventurous as everyone else on here, but regardless it was still delicious! :D

I went to the mongolian bbq last night. Savage. Can't complain about the food really, considering you practically make it yourself :P

Ouh was it tasty? I've been meaning to go. It is spiced tofu?

I had a barley bake yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Ouh was it tasty? I've been meaning to go. It is spiced tofu?

I had a barley bake yesterday.

It was lovely. Nope, the tofu is just plain. It's basically 4 stations. The first has all the veg and meats (separate, obviously) and tofu. The second station has all the spices and salts, you add these on top of what ever you've got in your bowl. Then the 3rd station has all the sauces, you throw whatever takes your fancy on to your food and spices and then head to fourth station where its all stirfried in front of you! Really lovely.

Although, the stirfrying is just a huge flat hot plate on top of flames. So even though they keep each persons food separate the food is moved around the hot plate and your food may be on the same surface where meat has just been cooked and they use the same cutlery to toss for everything too. This doesn't really bother me but it may bother some other veg*ns :)

They've a good deal on at the moment. We got starter (uncooked/salads), main course (All you can eat, you can go up as many times as you want) and dessert (ice creams, fudge cakes, nothing overly special) for €23.99 each on a saturday night. Quite good I thought :)

A really good aubergine red thai curry. I love thai food so much! Yum.

Vegetable soup from a carton, no time to eat these days, ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Mushroom and carrot and bean-curd risotto...and garlic bread.

Advertisement