Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Kramer wrote: »
    1. It would appear the grant only applies to cars over €60k, registered on/before June 30th. Maybe it will change.
    2. I wouldn't spend either the €3.8k or €7.5k for EAP or FSD.
    3. Most try to sell privately or even into the trade, as Tesla's quotes are so bad.
    4. I'll PM you regarding the Limerick sparky who did mine.

You're welcome to have a look at my Model 3 as you're a local :).
    Don't forget to use someone's referral - get your free charging in Birdhill!

Thanks Kramer. Damn re grant, would mean order now so and have a 211 car on 6th month of year. Need to think that over. Very tempted on the EAP, live it on the Volvo. Do pm me the details please.

Not sure what mean by referral? Also, yeah would be good to have a gander when 5km rule out of the way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

higster wrote: »
    Thanks Kramer. Damn re grant, would mean order now so and have a 211 car on 6th month of year. Need to think that over. Very tempted on the EAP, live it on the Volvo. Do pm me the details please.

Not sure what mean by referral? Also, yeah would be good to have a gander when 5km rule out of the way.

You can buy the EAP after you get the car, same as the FSD as when you buy it, they simply activate it..... the cars all have all the hardware as standard, and the features are simply software locked.... for instance my SR+ has rear heated seats, but I need to pay €300 to be allowed to use them...

SO WHATEVER YOU DO, don’t order EAP/FSD when you order the car as you’ll pay more VAT on it......

The car will still steer itself and have active cruise control as standard, so try that first for a few weeks before deciding if you need to upgrade to EAP or FSD.

When you use someone’s referral to order your car, you and whoever’s referral you used will both get 1,500km of free Tesla Supercharging at Tesla SuperCharger sites....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Damn re grant, would mean order now so and have a 211 car on 6th month of year.

I'm hoping some SIMI lobbying pushes it out past July 1st too - I was contemplating a change to either a Model 3 LR, Ioniq 5 or Kia EV6. They really could have left it in place for the remainder of this year.
    Also, yeah would be good to have a gander when 5km rule out of the way.

Monday!!! Almost there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I still haven't received the tax book yet so I can't complete my registration on the Tesla website (use my phone instead of key etc).

I presume I can't use the superchargers until I'm registered to the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Kramer wrote: »
    I'm hoping some SIMI lobbying pushes it out past July 1st too - I was contemplating a change to either a Model 3 LR, Ioniq 5 or Kia EV6. They really could have left it in place for the remainder of this year.

Talked to Tesla. Looks like seai grant is based on delivery/registration date and not order date. So unless ordering/delivery for end June (211 car right before start of 212g now will not get it...told them need to update pricing on other cars (S/X have seai grant discount included in pricing) because can’t get them before 2022. Disappointed, was thinking of a Sept car or Jan latest but the 5k additional (presuming Tesla will not drop base price) is turning me off.

• Advertisement

Joe Duffy motors offered me 16 K for my i3 Rex and they have a M3 LR P for 55,400 Euro's but not sure what to do as it stands now I won't pay the 9% interest they're looking for so they are going to get their finance department to contact me Monday.

I'd really love a test drive but they can't really do this now. It's a 192 with 8,400 kms, does this sound like a decent deal ?

I got 14 K to pay off the i3 and I have the cash for the deposit just not sure I want to invest so much in a car that will be doing high mileage, they don't offer PCP on such an "old car" lol.

That or ID.4, VW are offering much better interest rates. E-Niro possible as I prefer the interior a lot more but slower charging and rumours suggest the larger battery id range of cars will get 150 Kw charging later this year.

So would the Mad_Lad be too crazy to get the M3 LR P ? that's if it's still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Joe Duffy motors offered me 16 K for my i3 Rex and they have one for 55,400 Euro's but not sure what to do as it stands now I won't pay the 9% interest they're looking for so they are going to get their finance department to contact me Monday.

I'd really love a test drive but they can't really do this now. It's a 192 with 8,400 kms, does this sound like a decent deal ? oh yeah, it's the LR Performance. White.

I got 14 K to pay off the i3 and I have the cash for the deposit just not sure I want to invest so much in a car that will be doing high mileage, they don't offer PCP on such an "old car" lol.

That or ID.4, VW are offering much better interest rates. E-Niro possible as I prefer the interior a lot more but slower charging and rumours suggest the larger battery id range of cars will get 150 Kw charging later this year.

So would the Mad_Lad be too crazy to get the M3 LR P ? that's if it's still available.

You seemed to hate the lack if physical buttons in the VW so that would surely rule the ID4 and the Tesla out?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You seemed to hate the lack if physical buttons in the VW so that would surely rule the ID4 and the Tesla out?

It's all about the software. Tesla do it a whole lot better at this point in time.

Maybe the fact they have a much larger screen is what helps there too.

I'd consider the id.4 for the faster charging over the e-niro. I'm still open to the idea of the id.4 just seems to irritate a lot of People.

+ I think autopilot is better than travel assist and the Kia version which is a plus for me on the long motorway commutes, Autopilot gets updates, not sure if the id rage will get travel assist updates, the Kia can't get updates obviously.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Joe Duffy motors offered me 16 K for my i3 Rex and they have a M3 LR P for 55,400 Euro's but not sure what to do as it stands now I won't pay the 9% interest they're looking for so they are going to get their finance department to contact me Monday.

I'd really love a test drive but they can't really do this now. It's a 192 with 8,400 kms, does this sound like a decent deal ?

I was in that car last week.
    A forum member on here sold it to Duffys.

It’s a lovely car, it’s a normal M3P, not a long range in the traditional sense.

Few little extras including
    Wrapped center console.
    Mud flaps.
    Centre screen protector.
    Ceramic coating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Joe Duffy motors ... 9% interest

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

and they have a M3 LR P

Just to clarify the naming of the Model 3 models available in Ireland... as there is no such car as a Model 3 LR P

The below 3 versions are the only 3 ever sold in Ireland*

Model 3 Standard Range +
    Model 3 Long Range
    Model 3 Performance

The LR & P have the same size battery, so technically the P could also be called a Long Range, but it was never called the Long Range.... the reason it has a slightly shorter WLTP range than the LR is because the P has bigger wheels as standard.

*There was a short lived Model 3 Performance available here, but with standard brakes, no spoiler and the standard 18 inch ‘aero’ wheels, this is also known as the Model 3 ‘sleeper’ Performance. Initially when the P was released, the bigger wheels, spoiler and bigger brakes were optional extras, so a few of these sleepers are on Irish roads (including a Boardsie having one if I remember correctly). Eventually the P just became the standard car it is today with the optional extras above coming as standard.

Gumbo wrote: »
    I was in that car last week.
    A forum member on here sold it to Duffys.

It’s a lovely car, it’s a normal M3P, not a long range in the traditional sense.

Few little extras including
    Wrapped center console.
    Mud flaps.
    Centre screen protector.
    Ceramic coating.

Who's the boards member that sold it ? haven't been following this thread all the time. Why did they get rid of it ?

good deal or not ? apart from the ridiculous 9% interest, not a hope I'll pay that.

Who's the boards member that sold it ? haven't been following this thread all the time. Why did they get rid of it ?

bf, and he replaced it with an eTron

good deal or not ? apart from the ridiculous 9% interest, not a hope I'll pay that.

Price wise it’s there or thereabouts as not many, if any other M3P’s for sale. There’s one other 2020 version for 62k.

They offered me 30k for my MSP, with an invite to sit down and ‘talk” about a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sam W

Sounds like a good deal to me regarding the price and mileage.

The lack of button - you’ll get used to it very quickly. The only button I have ever pressed while driving is to change the aircon.

You can use CCPC’s comparison tool to check for better deals with loans:
    https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/money-tools/loan-comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

yep I have one of those Performance ( base) or stealth as they're called in the states, basically its a performance with the standard LR brakes, suspension and 18" aero wheels, they do however have track mode & you can spot that the have a Red underline under the Dual motor badge.
    Only offered for around 2 months when order books opened up here, all the fun of a Performance and the comfort / range of a long range car

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

They call it the P- (p minus) in the UK. Didnt know many/any came here.

ELM327 wrote: »
    They call it the P- (p minus) in the UK. Didnt know many/any came here.

I don’t know if any either.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Me for my sins! If you have any queries on it, drop me a PM :)

• Advertisement

bf wrote: »
    Me for my sins! If you have any queries on it, drop me a PM :)

Cheers, will do, at the moment their finance department haven't called me back, I won't be paying the 9% interest they were looking for.

Any regrets selling it ?

Cheers, will do, at the moment their finance department haven't called me back, I won't be paying the 9% interest they were looking for.

Any regrets selling it ?

It would be hard not to miss the smile the acceleration puts on your face! Needing something a bit more practical for the next while

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sam W

It would be hard not to miss the smile the acceleration puts on your face! Needing something a bit more practical for the next while

Haha how is e-tron more practical ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sattwa06

Although RTE aren't transmitting on DAB, there is still a 'silent' signal being broadcast, and the Model 3 will always default to DAB over FM (if DAB is available, even if broadcasting silence).

Apparently that signal is being turned off on April 12th, so you'll get the RTÉ stations via FM only.

You could also try TuneIn if you have premium connectivity, or alway set up a hotspot from your phone, and get them that way.

~~~~~~

thank you for that - tomorrow is the day so !

Sam W wrote: »
    Haha how is e-tron more practical ;)

you get 3 car seats across the back and a lot more kit in the boot, stage of life :p

you get 3 car seats across the back and a lot more kit in the boot, stage of life :p

This was a stumbling block when I viewed your M3P last week.
    I’ve a 9 year old in a booster, a 5 year old in another jalopy and a newborn.

They don’t fit across the MS so not a hope in the M3.

I managed to get 2 boosters (not high back) and an isofix across the back, but it was very tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

So I did my first big journey today.

Left the house (terenure) at 6.15 on 97% and headed for Craigavon (getting the vaccine as I'm still registered with bank accounts etc at parents house). Sat on the m50 at 90 and then on the M1 at 105 (slipstreaming a bus as far as Drogheda).

Got to the Rushmere centre at 8.15 with 49% left. Stuck it on charge (22k charger) and went off to get a bite to eat, a coffee and a wander around Sainsbury's). Came back after 1hr 45 minutes and headed to the centre for the vaccine. Was back at the charger in 45 minutes and threw it back on the charge for another 1hr 20 minutes. Had a socially distanced coffee with the mother and picked up a few bits from homebase.

Got back to the car and it was back to 99%.

Headed to Monaghan (stuff to sort out at the vrt centre) and then the run back to Dublin. Sat at a steady 120 on the M1 and mostly 100 on the M50.

Battery level is 53%!!

Paid my 2 journies on the m50 in the local petrol station. Girl behind the counter says 3? I held up 2 fingers and said again 2. €9.30....i says to her that's very expensive for 2 trips. She told me it was and to ring Eflow. I did. She charged me for 3. Dope of a young one.

Lovely comfortable trip and any range anxiety I had this morning was long gone after a few kilometres. This really is the future of motoring and I have to say....I'm in!!

Just checked my ESB account and believe or not the cost to charge in the north....Zero!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Don't forget to register your car as an EV for reduced tolls, you need to inform them as it is not automatic, you also need to setup a tag account with one of the crowds

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

I got 2021 4.15 software update today.

The Frunk keeps opening itself. Doing my F... head in.

Advertisement