Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hotel Dublin City with balcony ?

Options
  • 06-04-2021 3:25pm

Could anyone recommend a hotel, preferably in Dublin city center, that would have a private balcony.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The Intercontinental and The Fitzwilliam both have rooms with balconies. The rooms with balconies have got to be specifically booked and come at a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

And generally wouldn't be very private!

humberklog wrote: »
    The Intercontinental and The Fitzwilliam both have rooms with balconies. The rooms with balconies have got to be specifically booked and come at a premium.

Thank you, both lovely hotels, but the price is a bit eye-watering :) But great suggestions and they may suffice

And generally wouldn't be very private!

:D fair point

Its just to be able to run in and out for a cigarette from time to time, rather than having to hop in the lift or take the stairs, everytime Id want to smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

The Gibson I thought had balconies also, not really sure what your looking at!
    The Westin, one or two of the rooms there do, but it would be suites and I imagine an eye watering price also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Clayton Cardiff Lane

coolisin wrote: »
    The Gibson I thought had balconies also, not really sure what your looking at!
    The Westin, one or two of the rooms there do, but it would be suites and I imagine an eye watering price also!

Cheers. I just checked with the Gibson and they are very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Osborne wrote: »
    Clayton Cardiff Lane

Stayed there when lockdown lifted and you can't get out onto the balcony (the room I was in anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Rethinking about this question!
    Radisson St helens has balcony's once again it would be suites, its not in the city centre but its easily accessed taxis bus network.
    But at least the view would be nice from the balcony

coolisin wrote: »
    Rethinking about this question!
    Radisson St helens has balcony's once again it would be suites, its not in the city centre but its easily accessed taxis bus network.
    But at least the view would be nice from the balcony

Thanks coolisin, it's a beautiful hotel but Id prefer city center.
    I think I'll probably go with the Gibson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

The Clarence seems to have some rooms with balconies. The penthouse definitely does but their photos show mini balconies which are presumably on their other rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Probably better off going with an apartment on Airbnb if you need a balcony, would be cheaper than 4 and 5 star hotels too.

Advertisement