Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

• 28-11-2011 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Lidl
    Olde Sweetshop
    Spar on Main Street changed
    Is there a new shop in the old Centra in Egan Centre? "The Dargle"

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Boots where Winstons used to be opening soon

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Anyone know whats planning to open beside gamestop? I've seen some painting and work going on in there. I hope it's something useful and not another olde sweetshop or cash for gold. Same applies for the old Totterdells building. We need an electrical shop cause power city is too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

"The Dargle" didn't last long, seemed to be open long enough to sell off the stock that was there.
    I hope something different goes into McCarthys old place (beside Gamestop)

tomflynn wrote: »
    Lidl
    Olde Sweetshop
    Spar on Main Street changed
    Is there a new shop in the old Centra in Egan Centre? "The Dargle"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Anyone know whats planning to open beside gamestop? I've seen some painting and work going on in there. I hope it's something useful and not another olde sweetshop or cash for gold. Same applies for the old Totterdells building. We need an electrical shop cause power city is too far away.

To be Honest you would probably get better Value in Powercity or DID Electrical

Dickers :D
    Dicker_Bray_1_medium.jpg

Town Hall Electrical
    DSC09653_medium.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Walked by that shop beside gamestop this morning and it kinda looked like it was turning back into a newsagent. Or at least it looked like newsagent countertops.

Anything going to happen with the admore bar, the garden shop and, the head shop? The head shop in particular needs to have something done to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

I heard Penny's was coming. But can't be verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

gavinjc wrote: »
    I heard Penny's was coming. But can't be verified.

I heard they were going to be the other tenant with Lidl in the Industrial Yarns building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I have heard this so many times. Sick hearing it tbh. Nobody can confirm and they definitly were not on the original plans so if they are going to take a unit there its only a new thing. Really don't see it happening though. Hope I'm wrong :o

I was out today and the shop beside Gamestop on the main street opened and it is a Gala Newsagents. Seems a bit pointless to be honest considering there is two other Newsagents very close to each other, but that's what has opened anyway

I never know which answer to give when someone asks me how many shops are on the mainstreet.

5 or 35

ie. 5 Chemists
    5 sweet shops
    5 Pubs
    5 Pounshops
    5 Newsagents

......etc etc etc

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Calibos wrote: »
    I never know which answer to give when someone asks me how many shops are on the mainstreet.

5 or 35

ie. 5 Chemists
    5 sweet shops
    5 Pubs
    5 Pounshops
    5 Newsagents

......etc etc etc

:D
    if there are a total of 35 shops, you would say "35". Pretty obvious, really.

if there are a total of 35 shops, you would say "35". Pretty obvious, really.

You must have drawn one of two conclusions. Either this poster Calibos is a moron or he must be making some kind of joke. You obviously came to the first conclusion.

The shop beside Michael Doherty's closed down. I think it sold wool and the likes? I can't quite remember, but it seems another one bites the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

I think that wool shop has been closed a while, or if not they had a long closing down sale. The pet shop on Florence Road is gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

It seems Munch cafe on the Main Street closed down last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Could we keep this discussion about new shops opening rather than closed shops

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Could we keep this discussion about new shops opening rather than closed shops

Well you might as well close the thread now then :pac:

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Well you might as well close the thread now then :pac:

What about lidl; boots, sweet shops, clothes recycling shop in tesco, aldi maybe opening soon

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

What about lidl; boots, sweet shops, clothes recycling shop in tesco, aldi maybe opening soon

Fair point but it was just a joke Mango.

These have all been discussed in previous posts and I like knowing what shops are open and what ones are closed it gives us all something to talk about speculating on who will take over the particular shop. This is just my opinion if need be I'll open a seperate thread on the closed shops.

• Advertisement

These have all been discussed in previous posts and I like knowing what shops are open and what ones are closed it gives us all something to talk about speculating on who will take over the particular shop. This is just my opinion if need be I'll open a seperate thread on the closed shops.
    The thread title is clear - If you want to start a thread about closing shops please do because it's off topic

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I reckon that combining a 'shops closing/shops opening' combined thread would be quite interesting.

I saw that a shop has opened where the MS shop was. Pretty quick turn around which is great to see.

Does anyone know if the MS shop has opened elsewhere?

Also, I was running past so didn't get a proper look...it's called a community shop but just looks like a new clothes shop, does anyone know what it's about?

Ran past the community shop again today but forgot to stop, looks like they have a sign in the window maybe explaining what it is.

Also, noticed the bar on Quinsboro road looks to be reopening. Nice paint job anyway...hope this one sticks.

Well bringing to think I'm talking to myself here but just in case anyone was waiting with bated breath I finally found out what the community shop is...

It sells new and used items and uses the profit to support local projects and charities. The main charity seems to be for MS so at least if that shop is gone they are still getting some money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

The Butchers - in the the tesco complex - some very good meat deals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Is there any news on Aldi opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mp1973

I havent heard when aldi are opening but the walls of the building where going up yesterday. if its anything like their other stores i'd say they will be open within 8 weeks

There's a new shop opening up on the Quinsboro Road next to Dicey Reillys. It seems to be a Chinese Restaurant and the way it's being designed it doesn't look like it's going to be cheap/affordable food. But still good luck to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

There was someone in the closed down Centre in egans shopping centre today (shutters were half up, car outside). Anyone know if there's any chance of it reopening? Hate that it closed down (though it was shockingly bad when it was "the dargle"), it was a really handy shop

Advertisement