Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Connery RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Another great actor is gone, sad.

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Nobody did it better.

The ultimate icon of cool and savoir faire, his sixties Bond will forever stand the test of time. As a rugged bastion of masculinity, he would be vilified by the outrage mob today. Perennial favourites of mine include The Hill (1965) and The Man Who Would Be King (1975), which display his considerable range and versatility. RIP Commander.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

For me, he was James Bond.

Great age, great career, great life. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

POBox19 wrote: »
    There's no one to help you up there. And don't go stirring up a lot of trouble for us.
    This case isn't ripe yet. Until it is, our policy with Mr Big is 'live and let live.

Bond looked quizzically at Captain Dexter
    In my job,' he said, 'when I come up against a man like this one, I have another motto. It's 'live and let die'.

Rest in Peace Sean Connery.

Bond in Live and Let Die was Roger Moore :confused:

Anyway, RIP Mr Connery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

If he had put his mind to it, he probably would have been a good milkman.

R.i.p.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Very sad news, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

when the filming for "a Bridge too far" had started, he was talking with some of the other actors and soon found out that he was on a lower scale that most. He immediately went on strike and stayed put until his rate was renegotiated. Always knew his worth.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sad news. Full life of course but it's still sad to hear, he was one of those guys you sort of expected to be around forever.

Resht in Peace Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Noooo.
    One of the greatest actors of all time.

Sure he'll always be James Bond but for me as a kid one of the first exposures of him was playing Indy's dad in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Amazing actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

The hunt for Dead October

Great actor loved him grown up from Bond to Red October to Highlander and Indy he was excellent. Will be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

An effortlessly sauve and charismatic actor who defied the laws of ageing and became more handsome as the years went on.

The twinkle in his eye and the accent ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Only sat the young lad down to watch Indiana Jones the last crusade last evening, he was great in that, the chemistry between himself and Harrison Ford made the film even better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That movie was fabulous. I absolutely loved it. RIP Sean. Gone but never forgotten. You'll live on in your movies.

Only sat the young lad down to watch Indiana Jones the last crusade last evening, he was great in that, the chemistry between himself and Harrison Ford made the film even better

Henry: "I'm only as human as the next man"
    Indy: "i WAS the next man!"

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Bob Gray

“I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. 'Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky'. “

Sad to hear the news but what a life and career.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

In honour of dear Sean, I decided to do my best scottish accent. It was all going great, until I asked her to sit on my face.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 SamWheat

RIP to a true legend and a proper man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭KungPao

EDit wrote: »
    Bond in Live and Let Die was Roger Moore :confused:

Anyway, RIP Mr Connery

https://frinkiac.com/img/S07E21/1091139.jpg

The word legend gets thrown around a lot but that man was a legend.

Look at this movies...

- the Bonds (of course)
    - hunt for red October
    - Indiana Jones
    - The Rock
    - Highlander
    - The Untouchables

Shout out to the movie Outland https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0082869/?ref_=m_nm_knf_act_i33 I remember watching it once and it wasn't bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've never watched the James Bond films but I liked him in other stuff, especially The Hill. He usually made his characters seems likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

"...but some of the ways he related to women now seems quite outdated, some of that can seem quite sexist...", was a comment made by a female Sky News reporter on this breaking news just now. What an inappropriate angle to take. It's Sean Connery that died, not James Bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Ageless in films, when you can watch a film over and over you know the acting is first class.

R I P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Scotty # wrote: »
    He wasn't all good...

Is anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'll be slated for this, but he could've slapped me across the face any time!

Being serious, you need to look at his comment in the context of his age and the attitudes of the time.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 SamWheat

That makes me like him even more, he had his opinions and nobody was going to shame him into changing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Sad to see him go, probably still my favourite Bond, though Daniel Craig bought a new dimension to the role. As said above, he had a wide variety of roles, he's leaving some legacy behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Only Sean Connery could get away with speaking in his Scottish accent, while every other actor spoke with a Russian accent in the The Hunt for Red October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Imagine how classless and pathetic it is to attack someones character on the day they die.

Here he is speaking about what you're referring to righting his wrong.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/connery-to-hit-a-woman-is-wrong-nncwmzv0rk0

Advertisement