Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone using the S10 5G model on Three 5g PAYG?

Options
  • 16-10-2020 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I've been trying to get mine to work with a Three PAYG sim card with the 5G add-on in an area that Three support says definitely has 5g coverage and which the website map also shows as right in the middle of a 5g coverage area, but the phone never switches to 5g. The best it shows is 4g+

I've definitely got the network settings on the 5g option and even tried resetting network settings and rebooting the phone but that didn't work.

Previously with a Vodafone bill-pay 5g SIM the phone would work in the few areas that Vodafone has 5g coverage (e.g. last December in Dublin airport I was able to do a speed test with the screen showing '5g' instead of '4g')

I'm beginning to wonder if this is an issue with the handset not being able to pick up the frequency on which Three operates 5g. Has anyone else gotten 5g on Three with a Samsung Galaxy S10 5g model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

All three S10 5G skews support the band. It should work.

Wouldnt be surprised if the flag on your account enabling it isnt set. Three are Three, can be a bit thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

OK thanks. While it was a SIM-unlocked phone not purchased from Three that does give me confidence that it's not the handset.

Hopefully their support will be able to sort it out.

Advertisement