Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA September 2020

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Jem123 wrote: »
    I failed AFM for the 3rd time. :( So disappointing. I have never had such trouble with an exam. I am going to switch to either APM or AAA and hopefully will have more luck with that.

Sorry to hear that. Were you short by much?

I did AAA and APM - neither is very difficult in terms of volume or content, but you definitely need to have your exam technique well honed. In both exams I scored at least ten marks less than I did with any other paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Sorry to hear that. Were you short by much?

I did AAA and APM - neither is very difficult in terms of volume or content, but you definitely need to have your exam technique well honed. In both exams I scored at least ten marks less than I did with any other paper.

I was closer the first 2 times and this sitting I got 41%. Passed SBR and ATX first go so this is really disheartening. Congratulations on your results :)

I was closer the first 2 times and this sitting I got 41%. Passed SBR and ATX first go so this is really disheartening. Congratulations on your results :)

That is frustrating. Be nice to yourself for the rest of the week, you don't need to make a decision today.

September 2020 Pass Rates
    https://www.accaglobal.com/us/en/news/2020/october/Septexams_2020.html

Perception of Paper V Pass Rates
    https://opentuition.com/topic/acca-september-2020-pass-rates/

I find it fascinating how static the pass rates for each paper are. I would love to see a curve on actual results, to see how I did relative to other candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dubdub20

Passed AAA so thank god finally done with these exams. Now just 3 years worth of PER to do.

Don't give up Jem123 I have failed plenty of exams getting to this stage.

It is curious how ACCA's pass rates stay so "static" but at this stage I am beyond caring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭shano_88

Passed AFM and SBR. Was a tough slog but delighted to be finished with them.

SBL and AAA in December now all going well

I failed AFM for the 3rd time. :( So disappointing. I have never had such trouble with an exam. I am going to switch to either APM or AAA and hopefully will have more luck with that.

That's tough. Are you self studying or doing lectures?

Dubdub20 wrote: »
    Passed AAA so thank god finally done with these exams. Now just 3 years worth of PER to do.

Have you the PER done and just need to record it, or are you only getting started? I’ve a tonne to do, just getting stuck into recording the essentials this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dubdub20

Just need to record it thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I got my results from the Sept sitting. I passed SBR, I thought i was going to have to repeat that one. Two questions went well and two not so well, but luckily enough I made it.

I found it really difficult to maintain momentum with this exam being pushed out to the September sitting. So dont feel bad if you didn't get your exams this time it certainly wasn't a normal exam sitting.

I have AAA next as my final exam, and to be honest I havent been focused the last few weeks thinking I may have to repeat SBR. Good to know I can just focus on my last exam AAA now.

Any tips for AAA?

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    That's tough. Are you self studying or doing lectures?

I took lectures and revision courses the first 2 attempts. Using learnsignal and acowtancy since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ciara26

I took lectures and revision courses the first 2 attempts. Using learnsignal and acowtancy since then.
    I did sbl and APM and failed by few percent. Gutted, I know how you feel

Ciara26 wrote: »

So disappointing :( Fair play for attempting 2 P exams at once!

Ciara26 wrote: »

I would never have the head space to attempt two exams in one sitting. Fair play for trying. Are you going to go for both again in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ciara26

I would never have the head space to attempt two exams in one sitting. Fair play for trying. Are you going to go for both again in December?

Yeah doing both again, got 43,46 in the exams so thought why not. This time I won’t do self study, booking in for revision classes. Hopefully lectures is the diff between failing and passing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Wow that is a lot to do especially with self study. I would not be able to manage two a time. Fair play for going for 2.

You were so close with your marks in the 40s. The lectures should be a good help, often it's things like exam technique and question selection strategy that makes the difference, experienced lectures are good for tips like that.

It takes all of my mental focus and abilities doing them one at a time. So I am extremely impressed by anyone sitting more than one. At the Professional level that is a lot of extra hours outside of work.

Did anyone get an email from Acca today? I paid for the SBL and AAA exams this morning and got an email this afternoon saying that all exams in Ireland will be remote.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Did anyone get an email from Acca today? I paid for the SBL and AAA exams this morning and got an email this afternoon saying that all exams in Ireland will be remote.

I got the email. The remote exam in July was an awful mess and would not work for me on the day so will be pushing mine out until March.

I got the email. The remote exam in July was an awful mess and would not work for me on the day so will be pushing mine out until March.

That doesn't fill me with confidence!

What went wrong? I really want to finish in December but the stress of something going wrong on the day would be awful.

Advertisement