Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Jizique

listermint wrote: »
    It's excellent news.. absolutely Excellent more timber for the dumpster fire that has been this presidency.

I hope this is tied to the GOP too. Delighted.

There are any number of possibilities - someone should open a book on the identity

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jizique wrote: »
    There are any number of possibilities - someone should open a book on the identity

https://twitter.com/loisrp/status/1333916115416715264?s=19

This is a good spot

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Can Trump get a replacement AG in if he fires Barr? Senate consent might be quite challenging considering McSally is out for Kelly tomorrow which changes it to 52-48 and there are a small few Republicans that would be delighted to give Trump a bloody nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It's noticeable that funds still seem to be pouring into the Trump campaign for recounts and court case appeals against the "election fraud" he claims is still being committed against his re-election, even though a lot of his own party people in positions to know the truth accept that he lost the election. The campaign paid out approx US$ 3 million for the Wisconsin recount which ended with Biden gaining an extra 180 votes. Who are the people putting up the cash funding what is more and more accepted within the GOP as a lost cause?

For Chris Krebs, the head of CISA cybersecurity at the DHS fired by Trump, the statement of Barr including the DHS with the FBI not finding [to date] any proof of widespread election fraud may be a validation. Barr's statement mentioned one case of fraud without more more identification. The gent in Trump's White House team who said publicly that Krebs is a moron who should be drawn & quartered and taken and shot at a wall has stated that he was only joking after Krebs called in the lawyers. Krebs has left a public message after the fact that the lawyers are now doing his business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

When we know, Biden will do the same type of thing when he gets in.

There is no chance Biden will consider pardons for himself or his family or his cronies. Trump is unique in the way he has used the power of pardon so far and there is more to come from Trump before the inauguration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭abff

aloyisious wrote: »
    It's noticeable that funds still seem to be pouring into the Trump campaign for recounts and court case appeals against the "election fraud" he claims is still being committed against his re-election, even though a lot of his own party people in positions to know the truth accept that he lost the election. The campaign paid out approx US$ 3 million for the Wisconsin recount which ended with Biden gaining an extra 180 votes. Who are the people putting up the cash funding what is more and more accepted within the GOP as a lost cause?

Do we know for a fact that more money is pouring in, or is that just something they’re telling us? How can we trust anything they say?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

abff wrote: »
    Do we know for a fact that more money is pouring in, or is that just something they’re telling us? How can we trust anything they say?

They still have to release accounts as per the Campaign finance laws so the latest report shows $170M collected in November.

So , yeah , the money is still pouring in.

That's more than they raised in several of the months prior to Election day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,372 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    They still have to release accounts as per the Campaign finance laws so the latest report shows $170M collected in November.

So , yeah , the money is still pouring in.

That's more than they raised in several of the months prior to Election day.

Wonder can the large sums be also tied to this new investigation into cash for pardons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

listermint wrote: »
    Wonder can the large sums be also tied to this new investigation into cash for pardons.

Tovarisch Vlad has plenty of money, no question it's pouring in. The 'cash for pardons' thing might actually follow the #IMPOTUS and his gang of grifters after January, Lawrence Tribe said there may be precedent to claw them back (and open more investigations.) Not sure what he meant, but maybe there's a way for the courts to undo one, or maybe this is an issue eventually for the USSC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

For Chris Krebs, the head of CISA cybersecurity at the DHS fired by Trump, the statement of Barr including the DHS with the FBI not finding [to date] any proof of widespread election fraud may be a validation. Barr's statement mentioned one case of fraud without more more identification. The gent in Trump's White House team who said publicly that Krebs is a moron who should be drawn & quartered and taken and shot at a wall has stated that he was only joking after Krebs called in the lawyers. Krebs has left a public message after the fact that the lawyers are now doing his business.

I see Joe DiGenova has played the sarcasm card to explain his horrific comments. The go-to card of this administration to explain away blunders.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Have the states carrying out recounts taken the cash in advance from Trump? I hope they are not expecting payment afterwards otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Surely it's time for #LockHimUp to start trending?

Dan Rather's tweets this morning summed it up nicely IMO.
    Preemptive pardons are an admission of wrongdoing, not protection against the "deepstate"

https://twitter.com/DanRather/status/1333970019420491777?s=19

https://twitter.com/DanRather/status/1334008047778160640?s=19

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

robinph wrote: »
    Have the states carrying out recounts taken the cash in advance from Trump? I hope they are not expecting payment afterwards otherwise.

Yes - They had to deposit the money by a certain date prior to the recounts beginning.

Think it was only Wisconsin that they had to pay for , the others were covered by the respective States AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

abff wrote: »

You are right, we can't trust anything. According to himself, he had won the election before counts began. He is always spreading fake news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

namloc1980 wrote: »
    There is no chance Biden will consider pardons for himself or his family or his cronies. Trump is unique in the way he has used the power of pardon so far and there is more to come from Trump before the inauguration.

Part of me hopes he drops a pardon on Hunter on Day 1; just to see what would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don’t remember ever hearing about a sitting president possibly preemptively pardoning his own children. I mean what exactly have they been up to that requires pardons ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,719 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don’t remember ever hearing about a sitting president possibly preemptively pardoning his own children. I mean what exactly have they been up to that requires pardons ?

Presumably, the way pardons would be spun would be as preventative measures against a perceived Democrat "witch hunt" - mixed with any dissembling around the nature of the accused crime. At a guess, they're likely financial irregularities and if so ... well, we've seen how Trump's non-payment is framed as smarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭dogbert27

pixelburp wrote: »
    Presumably, the way pardons would be spun would be as preventative measures against a perceived Democrat "witch hunt" - mixed with any dissembling around the nature of the accused crime. At a guess, they're likely financial irregularities and if so ... well, we've seen how Trump's non-payment is framed as smarts.

Especially with their "good relations" with certain Middle Eastern countries!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1334240039639937026

He will just not give up on this at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Gintonious wrote:
    He will just not give up on this at all.

It's just pathetic at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

How can you pardon someone without saying what it is they're being pardoned for? It just seems the complete opposite of justice and logic, even by Trumpian standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,442 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    It's just pathetic at this stage.

It has always been pathetic. From the moment he came out early that morning claiming he had won.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭briany

Politifact has rated claims about the Dominion voting systems as 'pants on fire', their most negative rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

He's currently on national TV rambling on about conspiracy theories like an absolute lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Trump just stood and claimed that election day used to be one day, and that the winner was declared that day. Surely even his most ardent base must be able to remember that this was not always so? Are they really so delusional?

It does suggest that previously Trump didn't pay any attention to elections - until his own, which was called (though not totally counted) on the night. Obviously he feels that if it worked for him then it must work for him now. Or he just needs to keep the money machine turning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

looksee wrote: »
    Trump just stood and claimed that election day used to be one day, and that the winner was declared that day. Surely even his most ardent base must be able to remember that this was not always so? Are they really so delusional?
    He could them them that air is communist and poisoned and they should only buy his special American Made Bottled Air to survive and they would throw money at him. CNN did an interview with a Trump supporter on the day after the election and the interview basically went:

Person - Trump won and the election is being stolen from him through election fraud.
    Reporter - But what's the proof it got stolen?
    Person - Well lots of people are talking about it and the court cases will prove it.
    Reporter - But what if the courts conclude there was no fraud?
    Person - Well they can't because Trump won the election.

That's the level of belief we're talking about here; it's self imposed 1984 level of doublethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Anyone else think that video is a bit odd? Maybe it's my laptop but it looks like its been recorded in front of a green screen.

I don't watch much of Trump but that video shows him speaking a lot more fluidly than I've seen in the snippets of him in the last few months. His head also moves about a lot from side to side. There's also a jump around 1.45.

At best, it looks to me like it has been pieced together from several different recordings and done before a green screen. At worst, it's a deep fake.

Trump's fired/resigned former National Security Advisor General Flynn [the one just pardoned] seems to think Trump should declare martial law and "temporarily" suspend the constitution and is promoting a tweeted petition to that effect so fresh elections could be held. It's likely that tomorrow he'll tweet "I was only joking, no one should take what I said seriously" as that seems to be the practice amongst kite-flying Trumpers. He apparently think's it's the better option than civil war, sic: in the U.S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Trump's fired/resigned former National Security Advisor General Flynn [the one just pardoned] seems to think Trump should declare martial law and "temporarily" suspend the constitution and is promoting a tweeted petition to that effect so fresh elections could be held. It's likely that tomorrow he'll tweet "I was only joking, no one should take what I said seriously" as that seems to be the practice amongst kite-flying Trumpers. He apparently think's it's the better option than civil war, sic: in the U.S.

That seems to be the excuse of choice as you say. That lawyer who said that the former election security guy who was fired should be amongst other things shot released a statement saying it was “in jest” which it clearly wasn’t. Lots of things can be said in jest, but declaring someone should be killed isn’t one of them.

I see that Sidney Powell is in Georgia telling GOP voters to boycott the January 5th elections because they can’t be trusted. I mean if they want to go that way then fine, they’ll suppress their vote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement