Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo FAQs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Is anyone who ported having problems setting up voicemail with an unrecognised number error? I ported from Vodafone to Eir last week and had to get voicemail enabled by an Eir customer service rep. Then GoMo launched so I ported again but no luck with voicemail. A GoMo CSR told me on Friday that it was a known issue and would be resolved in 24 to 48 hours but it’s still an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

I am out of contract with Eir since August . Will switching to GoMo automatically cancel my contact . I was on hold for an hour today trying to cancel.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

reddanmm wrote: »
    I am out of contract with Eir since August . Will switching to GoMo automatically cancel my contact . I was on hold for an hour today trying to cancel.
    Thanks

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

pms7 wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? 48months was part of O2, now 3 and will only work in unlocked handset.
    It is part of Eir yes, but not necessarily mean will work in Eir locked phones..

It has been confirmed that gomo will work in an eir phone. They have the same lock code apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

TheDriver wrote: »
    It has been confirmed that gomo will work in an eir phone. They have the same lock code apparently.

This goes to show they dont know their arse from their elbows. They told me they don't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

I've heard rumours that a Gomo sim being used in a Motorola G6 won't receive 4G that only 3G works in it anyone shed any light on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I've heard rumours that a Gomo sim being used in a Motorola G6 won't receive 4G that only 3G works in it anyone shed any light on this ?

Check the spec of the phone for 4G 800MHz and 1800MHz bands, it will work if it has those bands which it more than likely does have.

If it receives 4G from any other Irish network in rural and urban locations, it'll work with gomo.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I got chatting to support and was told billing was the 8th of every month.
    Rachel [11:13:53]
    the next bill will be deducted on the 8th of each month
    The 9.99 you paid when signing up is for the current month until the next bill cycle, so if you've signed up, you're already paying for the service whether you've ported your number over or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭ Alan Helpless Staple

I got chatting to support and was told billing was the 8th of every month.

The 9.99 you paid when signing up is for the current month until the next bill cycle, so if you've signed up, you're already paying for the service whether you've ported your number over or not.

How can they charge for not providing any service?

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    How can they charge for not providing any service?

They didn't answer that. I guess from their POV, they're providing the service, i'm just choosing to not consume it yet.

Pretty crap that the first €9.99 is for a portion of the month where they didn't offer their service at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Can anyone confirm a Gomo SIM working in a phone locked to Eir?

I usually buy unlocked phones from Amazon but would be good to know the above all the same.

I tried to sign up with Gomo and said I was an eir client, and had an 'eir' phone and number. I got a bit along the way and then was directed to contact eir.... I said aren't you eir? Answer no, we are a different company but use the meteor network. I got onto eir and had to put up with lot of 'chat' rubbish saying how wonderful it was and why did I want to leave.... Finally I was told to contact eir to get 'permission' I haven't bothered yet, especially after reading the consumer column in the Irish Times.....
    As to 'locked' how do I know? I have been on eir/meteor for years and I haven't a clue if I am locked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Is there any codes you can input like lyca to check your balance??

*137#

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

When changed over, should we expect a carrier settings update?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jussayeh

I got mine this morning. I was with 3 mobile, my plan expired yesterday so was delighted I only had to go one day without service but I've inserted the gomo sim and used the PIN to unlock it but it says I've no network and I can't make calls and have no data. I received an sms from 3 instantly saying they

"We're about to send you settings so you can access the internet and use picture messaging. Please accept the settings straightaway".

Then one minute later this one:

"If you accepted the settings we sent you, you can now use the internet & picture messaging".

But i didn't receive any sms with the settings to accept? Ive turned the phone on/off to see if they'd send again but they didn't. Iv'e checked the APN settings and they're the same as those in an earlier message in this thread?

Has anybody else had this problem or did I overlook doing something ? I'm using a OnePlus 6 mobile. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

jussayeh wrote:
    I got mine this morning. I was with 3 mobile, my plan expired yesterday so was delighted I only had to go one day without service but I've inserted the gomo sim and used the PIN to unlock it but it says I've no network and I can't make calls and have no data. I received an sms from 3 instantly saying they

Is your phone locked to the Three network? If it is you will need to request the unlock code from Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Quote - They have the same lock code apparently.

Quote - This goes to show they dont know their arse from their elbows. They told me they don't!

Quote - Iv'e checked the APN settings and they're the same as those in an earlier message in this thread?

Now that is what I call "service" and to think that people pay money for it......

I asked for some clarity yesterday, I am still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Anyone know where they are at in terms of filling orders. Seems like some Tuesday orders are only being filled today as well as some Wednesday ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

There is no option to buy a 1gb data allowance for roaming outside the EU. Was told in webchat that the option shown was just a mistake on the page and there are no plans to introduce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Ordered last Wednesday, arrived yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Whats the definition of a pre/post single/multi line when porting? My wife and I have the same account number for 2 seperate 30 day SIM only plans... is that post single or multi if I just port over for myself? My SIM arrived today and the port is in progress for a single line but nothing happened as of yet (up to 24 hours).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jussayeh

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Is your phone locked to the Three network? If it is you will need to request the unlock code from Three.

No my phone was bought directly from OnePlus so its sim free - I've used a vodafone sim in it before and then switched back to 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Apologies if a really dumb Q, but is there a way to find out whether a phone is locked or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

tupenny wrote:
    Apologies if a really dumb Q, but is there a way to find out whether a phone is locked or not?

Fit a SIM from a network other than the you are using and see whether you can make calls. If you can't then the phone is locked to the network of your service provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kingcrisps1234

Ordered launch day. Recieved sim today. Opted for new number when ordering.

Then Ported within 20mins from meteor prepay onto gomo via website once i got the sim.

Voicemail doesnt work at the moment it seems? When dialling 171 it says invalid number.

No way to check unbilled calls/usage?

No way to disable roaming data? (At account level rather than handset)

People mention apn. Mine is an eirmobile apn?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Please can somebody from VM stop playing these annoying ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

advertsfox wrote: »
    Whats the definition of a pre/post single/multi line when porting? My wife and I have the same account number for 2 seperate 30 day SIM only plans... is that post single or multi if I just port over for myself? My SIM arrived today and the port is in progress for a single line but nothing happened as of yet (up to 24 hours).

Same account with two or more numbers is a post multi-line account. If you selected Post single line, when your account is a multi-line then your port will fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Hi would anybody know whether this sim would work in a broadband sharing dock that is unlocked to any network or is it a specific sim card for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheRodgers

anyone else getting no service when they put in the gomo sim and try to activate it? i contacted them through web chat and they have no answer except it is a known issue and it is being looked at.

How do you change the sim pin? Or better yet, can you disable it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

How do you change the sim pin? Or better yet, can you disable it?

You do that in security setting on your phone

Advertisement