Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EIR - THREE - VODAFONE GENERAL DISCUSSION

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭GIMP

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Eir's latest marketing offer is No Limits data. Seems to apply to all bill, sim only and prepay plans.

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

There is of course a fair use which is set at 80GB, there seems to be no cap but they reserve the right to limit the service (presumably by throttling speed) if you exceed 80GB.

It seems to be similar to Three's prepay but with higher fair use and unlimited calls (Three only include 3 to 3 calls).

Only drawback is that it will probably slow down Eir's service if too many switch over from Three/Vodafone.

Its a great offer but their network is patchy, slow and has 2g edge coverage in alot of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

GIMP wrote: »
    Its a great offer but their network is patchy, slow and has 2g edge coverage in alot of places.

I thought it was between them and Vodafone for best network ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Anyone having issues with the @eircom.net POP3 server? I can’t get my emails on my iPhone all of a sudden.

jeffk wrote: »
    I thought it was between them and Vodafone for best network ?

Vodafone by far is a more robust network, but obviously it is location dependant. Just from personal use Eir fell back to Edge way too often in rural areas and in buildings, rarely or never happens on Vodafone

Vodafone by far is a more robust network, but obviously it is location dependant. Just from personal use Eir fell back to Edge way too often in rural areas and in buildings, rarely or never happens on Vodafone

Good to know as thinking of moving with the low amount of data I get from Vodafone on a old student deal they gave me to come back

Shame cant get free wifi, herselfs parents have Eir but keeps telling me cant get Eir wifi :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'd give eir's new deal a try if I didn't like using my three credit to rent movies from google play. I'm pretty sure you don't keep your credit with eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I see Vodafone launched 5G in 5 cities today.

Just got a text from vodafone about 5gb of promotional data being added to my account. Rewind 4 weeks to when our broadband modem went the way of the dodo and had to be replaced. 3 day turn around to be fair to them but on the phone the agent requested my mobile number and advised she would add data to my account to keep me ticking over (it was offered I didn't ask so if people have issues and it's not offered ask for it).

Better late than never I guess and worked out well as my current top up offer expired on Sunday. While welcome I'm not sure why it took 4 weeks to be applied to my account though.

Got a text about 10GB bonus of data on Vodafone when you top up, that or credit for three months

Time to close Virgin Media and forget about Eir for now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

For long term Vodafone at home users (broandband & phone);
    Has anyone recently had a €40 price hike?
    I have just got off the phone talking to an Account Rep who has old me that after 12 + years of paying circa €50 a month it has now gone up to €95!! :mad:

Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Wondering if anyone could give me any advice.

I have a throwaway cheap phone primarily for receiving calls when out and about. Have zero interest in using the internet on the go, and not somebody who makes too many calls either.

Basically, does anybody know the cheapest possible plan to get the bare minimum?

All i'm really interested in is to be able to receive calls, and not having to top up by €10-20 every 4 weeks for the privilege of it lest my number gets cut off.

I was originally with Meteor and had to top up once every 6 months or so to keep my number alive. I let it go dead and unfortunately I think I won't get it back since they've moved to Eir.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Wondering if anyone could give me any advice.

I have a throwaway cheap phone primarily for receiving calls when out and about. Have zero interest in using the internet on the go, and not somebody who makes too many calls either.

Basically, does anybody know the cheapest possible plan to get the bare minimum?

Been using 48months.ie for last 6 months. Happy enough. Does what iwant

All i'm really interested in is to be able to receive calls, and not having to top up by €10-20 every 4 weeks for the privilege of it lest my number gets cut off.

I was originally with Meteor and had to top up once every 6 months or so to keep my number alive. I let it go dead and unfortunately I think I won't get it back since they've moved to Eir.

Any advice?

48months.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

kleefarr wrote: »
    48months.ie

Appreciate this, but not entirely sure it does what I'm looking for, unless I've read wrong.

Have I misunderstood or would I still have to pay at least €10 every month or be cut off?

Or is there a way to keep the number live for a longer period without paying so frequently?

Also I'm aware, I probably sound like a right miserly b****** but times are tough, trying to cut whatever corner I can and it's really something I plan to use barely at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Well Vodafone T&C's state that:

No Calls may be made once all call credit has been used (with the exception of Calls to the emergency services). You may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to your account. Top Up codes must be activated within two years of the issue date. After this period, it will not be possible to redeem any credit associated with the code.

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html

So you'd have to top up about every 7-8 months. If you top up by small amounts (5-10 euro) you can keep all of that for calls, texts and data without activating a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Comerman

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place but does anyone know why my phone is going from H to 3g when I turn on WiFi? Spoke to Vodafone chat and as usual the problem wasn't resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Hi, Vodafone broadband has been down for the last 24hra, they are telling me there is a major outage countrywide.anyone else suffering or know what's up?

Definitely not both bb and mobile bb working fine in Dublin/Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Lynfo

redman wrote: »
    Hi, Vodafone broadband has been down for the last 24hra, they are telling me there is a major outage countrywide.anyone else suffering or know what's up?

Yes, we've been down since early Tuesday morning, they told me the same as you, that its nationwide. Getting nowhere fast with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Lynfo wrote: »
    Yes, we've been down since early Tuesday morning, they told me the same as you, that its nationwide. Getting nowhere fast with them.

Now being told 800 houses affected in Ireland , still down and blame apparnently with Eir and some exchanges 😟☹️😫😠

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Lynfo wrote: »
    Similar story here for a relative, have you made any progress with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 DublinGirl1989

Ok so I have come to the end of a contract with Vodafone. It was a 2 year bill pay of 80€ a month on an iPhone! In preparation I requested a NAC code (to unlock the iPhone) 3 weeks ago. Firstly I got an email back saying I couldn’t get it as I’m not the account holder? I am the account holder and filled in all the details on the website correctly, I could check this as I screen shotted it! This email asked me for personal details which I was not comfortable sharing and I responded asking if I could call or resubmit. I never heard back. So I have filled out the form twice more since then, on the website and through my myvodafone. I have heard nothing back!

My contract has ended, I have fully paid for this phone so it is mine. It also means that I am now paying an extra month to Vodafone as it just rolled onto another month! I am wasting money on my new contract as I cannot use it until Vodafone give me this code!

Has anyone else had this kind of issue? How did you sort it, because I just keep hitting brick walls with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Never had this particular issue before. From what you have said, you have done everything right. Ring them and lodge a formal complaint. They will need to provide you with a complaint reference number. Once they have given you this, contact Comreg. They will ensure that this gets resolved for you.

Once the contract has ended, you can give notice to cancel your account, change plan or port over to a different network.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

Signed up with vodafone billpay today. They told me my old number would be ported over in 2 hours max. It's now 10 hours later and the sim card is still not activated. Impossible to talk with a person on a Sat night to resolve this. This is a really bad start. Sorry I ever left three.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Signed up with vodafone billpay today. They told me my old number would be ported over in 2 hours max. It's now 10 hours later and the sim card is still not activated. Impossible to talk with a person on a Sat night to resolve this. This is a really bad start. Sorry I ever left three.

It usually only takes a couple of hours. If it still has not being done I would download the Vodafone app and speak to an agent through live chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BBeats

If you can get the bloody app to work let me know, tried it on 3 phones, a tablet, and a pc! their software developers are a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I just moved from Vodafone to eir on Friday. Was Saturday morning before the port went through but to be fair, no issues since

The signal wasn't great on the motorway for my radio app but then for €9.99 unlimited everything + 80GB data I can't really complain much (Sim only as an existing fibre customer which I also renewed at €35 for the year).
    Vodafone's network may be better, but it's not €50 more a month better. Around the city/towns eir is grand plus WiFi calling actually works - unlike VF's version.

I'm of course well aware that if anything goes wrong with eir then the pain will start, but Comreg have proven very useful there in the past, so it's worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'm of course well aware that if anything goes wrong with eir then the pain will start, but Comreg have proven very useful there in the past, so it's worth the risk.

Thats Eir in a nutshell, was with them for about five years and no major problems. Then tried to cancel to move network and couldnt get through to their call centre for the best part of 6 weeks wasting hours of time in the process. Eventually had to go to Comreg to get it sorted which is just ridiculous having to go to a regulator to get a communications company to actually answer their phone.

It usually only takes a couple of hours. If it still has not being done I would download the Vodafone app and speak to an agent through live chat.

Agent keeps saying the port is complete but I have a dead phone in front of me for 3 days now. Really regretting moving to vodafone. Losing money and business. I'm self employed. Not good enough!!

Agent keeps saying the port is complete but I have a dead phone in front of me for 3 days now. Really regretting moving to vodafone. Losing money and business. I'm self employed. Not good enough!!

Did you restart your phone, is the Vodafone sim in your phone, is your phone network unlocked?

• Advertisement

Did you restart your phone, is the Vodafone sim in your phone, is your phone network unlocked?

Yes, yes and it's a new phone from vodaphone. The issue is a porting issue.

Advertisement