Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EIR - THREE - VODAFONE GENERAL DISCUSSION

• 25-06-2019 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

With the closure of the Talk To forums of Eir,Three and now Vodafone is it worthwhile having a thread for general discussions on the networks?

I always found the Talk To threads a wealth of information regarding networks from wifi calling, to network outages to just general issues or advice people can discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Yes. Vodafone also shut down their own community forum too, pushing all CS to social media, live chat on their site and phone calls. Odd move by them all really. Yes it's a cost saving measure but is it only a short term gain??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Anyone know how can talk to a human from Vodafone?

Their social media is pretty good at responding. It's certainly the case with twitter where I've DM'd about issues which were resolved. They also shut down their own forum on vodafone.ie. Keep trying the phone number as you will eventually get through to someone to speak with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

Live chat in the app seems to be good

jeffk wrote: »
    It has been a disaster for me. Attempted to get a solution to several issues, no go...Attempted to escalate? No go... attempted to lodge an official complaint? " Are you still there?" Then they type"Sorry we have not heard from you for I while, this chat will disconnect" This has happened to me on 3 occasions. None of my issues have been resolved and I cannot get to speak to anyone. Live chat and webchat seem to be there to solve minor issues. Anything that requires intervention or escalation ,for me at least, is been fobbed off and frustrated.(This is with Vodafone)

• Advertisement

Kalyke wrote: »
    It has been a disaster for me. Attempted to get a solution to several issues, no go...Attempted to escalate? No go... attempted to lodge an official complaint? " Are you still there?" Then they type"Sorry we have not heard from you for I while, this chat will disconnect" This has happened to me on 3 occasions. None of my issues have been resolved and I cannot get to speak to anyone. Live chat and webchat seem to be there to solve minor issues. Anything that requires intervention or escalation ,for me at least, is been fobbed off and frustrated.(This is with Vodafone)

That's a pity as usually I find it better, not much, but better

Change network if you have issues and they wont fix them, unless your on some great deal or can only use Vodafone

Too many people stick it out cause, if more said not having it and moved they MIGHT listen

That's a pity as usually I find it better, not much, but better

Change network if you have issues and they wont fix them, unless your on some great deal or can only use Vodafone

Too many people stick it out cause, if more said not having it and moved they MIGHT listen
    If I could find someone to match their coverage and Weekend X deal I would definitely move. Getting back to their app.... Is it me or is typing in that app very weird?

If I could find someone to match their coverage and Weekend X deal I would definitely move. Getting back to their app.... Is it me or is typing in that app very weird?

I'm in the same boat, try out virgin mobile 3 month offer? Or maybe the Eir deal in bargain alerts

Someone said the app is a robot so maybe that's why

I'm in the same boat, try out virgin mobile 3 month offer? Or maybe the Eir deal in bargain alerts

Someone said the app is a robot so maybe that's why
    Just got a 3 month trial with Virgin....but they use the Three network so will see.

Just got a 3 month trial with Virgin....but they use the Three network so will see.

Same here, diverting all calls from Vodafone and have sim on old phone if anyone texts me

That way if crap don't lose the old student deal they gave me on cold call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

I have an ongoing problem with them since joining last Sept. Several calls , messages chats, new router etc. On one occasion I even got a technical person to "own my problem" that was in Feb. last and, still waiting.
    However roll on Sept and , I am gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Their social media is pretty good at responding. It's certainly the case with twitter where I've DM'd about issues which were resolved. They also shut down their own forum on vodafone.ie. Keep trying the phone number as you will eventually get through to someone to speak with.

I guess that’s going downhill also. I sent a DM days ago and still hasn’t been read.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I guess that’s going downhill also. I sent a DM days ago and still hasn’t been read.

Went to Oldbridge House, Battle of the Boyne Visitor Centre yesterday and Virgin Mobile wouldn't connect at all.

Ended up with battery eating itself constantly trying to connect and upload pictures to the cloud and then left with them all to upload in a block when I was driving home

Not a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭diggerdigger

That's a laugh. If live chat is not manned by a bot, then they must have some seriously defective individuals there.

That's a laugh. If live chat is not manned by a bot, then they must have some seriously defective individuals there.

Seemed ok for me, but then don't go in expecting miracles, especially with people who haven't got the same first language as you

Seemed ok for me, but then don't go in expecting miracles, especially with people who haven't got the same first language as you
    Sorry, on several occasions, when they could not give me an answer I got" are you still there?" then " OK , since we have not heard from you for some time, we are terminating this chat" I would be backwards and forth communicating. It is a tactic they are using irrespective of their mother tongue.

Sorry, on several occasions, when they could not give me an answer I got" are you still there?" then " OK , since we have not heard from you for some time, we are terminating this chat" I would be backwards and forth communicating. It is a tactic they are using irrespective of their mother tongue.

What's your issue?

You could always try ringing them or go into them in a shop, surely to similarly poor response no doubt

What's your issue?

You could always try ringing them or go into them in a shop, surely to similarly poor response no doubt
    When it is busy where I live, especially weekends. Vodafone Data is unusable. I have been promised phone calls and escalations but I am still waiting....Since May! I have survived by using the Virgin 3 month free trial.

When it is busy where I live, especially weekends. Vodafone Data is unusable. I have been promised phone calls and escalations but I am still waiting....Since May! I have survived by using the Virgin 3 month free trial.

Say its a network issue

Get on looking for a case number i think it's called, then you can fill in official complaint online and get someone to reply

• Advertisement

Say its a network issue

Get on looking for a case number i think it's called, then you can fill in official complaint online and get someone to reply
    Therein lies the problem. When I insist on raising an official complaint I get " Are you still there?" Very frustrating and in my opinion deliberately so. It has happened to me too many times for it to be a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭KildareP

Therein lies the problem. When I insist on raising an official complaint I get " Are you still there?" Very frustrating and in my opinion deliberately so. It has happened to me too many times for it to be a coincidence.

State as soon as you get connected that you'd like a transcript of the chat e-mailed to you at the end. Generally puts a stop to that sort of carry on!

ring them and push them for one, they can refuse and the calls are recorded so have backup you asked

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There seems to be absolute chaos going on in Vodafone at the moment, have rang 1907 numerous times over the last 8 weeks and scheduled 20+ callbacks and not a single call came back. Emailed their Business department who refuse to forward my email onto anyone in the Residential sector and have now DMed them on Twiterr four times in the last five days and no response to that either. And then rung 1907 again several times in the last three days and now as soon as you enter your phone number it automatically hangs up on you, it is like their entire call centre has shut down.

Just filed a complaint with Comreg because you literally cannot get through to a human with them. Lad on the phone said there has been tons of complaints about them. My BB router hasnt worked in almost 4 months now and has been returned to the shop 5 times for repair/replacement and it still isnt working, unbelievable stuff:mad:

On the flip side have found Tesco mobile excellent and if it wasnt for their hotspot Id have no internet at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I’m actually losing the will to live trying to find out how to cancel my Vodafone contract!
    Can’t get through to a human when I call, can’t even select the call back option as I have no mobile coverage in the house, hence the reason I’m trying to switch provider!
    Eir tell me Vodafone May continue to charge me if I don’t cancel before I port to them, VF chat says I just need to go to the new provider with a recent VF bill and ID and they can port my number, and VF will then bill me my 28days notice! But i don’t want to port to Eir tomorrow and still be paying for 28days of VF service too!? But how else am I meant to give 28 days notice to Vodafone before I port?! NO ONE WILL ANSWER A CALL AND CHAT IS USELESS!!!!
    Holy mother of god, my head is melted!

Anyone any idea what I need to do or how to do it?! In plain English please!

Actually would my best bet be to switch to PAYG with VF first? I’m currently on a sim only red connect plan, out of contract so just doing the rolling 30 day thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Maybe just start the chat/phonecall with, "I am calling you to hand in my 28 days notice from this date." and say nothing else.

Cherrycola wrote: »
    I’m actually losing the will to live trying to find out how to cancel my Vodafone contract!
    Can’t get through to a human when I call, can’t even select the call back option as I have no mobile coverage in the house, hence the reason I’m trying to switch provider!
    Eir tell me Vodafone May continue to charge me if I don’t cancel before I port to them, VF chat says I just need to go to the new provider with a recent VF bill and ID and they can port my number, and VF will then bill me my 28days notice! But i don’t want to port to Eir tomorrow and still be paying for 28days of VF service too!? But how else am I meant to give 28 days notice to Vodafone before I port?! NO ONE WILL ANSWER A CALL AND CHAT IS USELESS!!!!
    Holy mother of god, my head is melted!

Anyone any idea what I need to do or how to do it?! In plain English please!

Actually would my best bet be to switch to PAYG with VF first? I’m currently on a sim only red connect plan, out of contract so just doing the rolling 30 day thing now.

Swtich to PAYG. That's the easiest solution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Am with Three, been with them for years back to when it was O2, really fed up with their plans, just checked my usage a while ago, topped up by €10 made 3 voice calls (all ordinary mobile numbers) total of 2 mins 34 sec,2 txts, 2 data totaling 22.74 Kb and no credit left today!
    I don't know how this works, checked my phone, Data turned off all the time still they took credit from it on 04/08/19.

Same last month topped up by €20 only got to use €10.19 before they took the rest. That was 4 texts, 6 voice. All of the €20 gone.

Just signed up with VM

hope they're better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Swtich to PAYG. That's the easiest solution

Yes, that’s what I’ve done! FINALLY managed to speak to a human, albeit someone in Asia, but should be migrated to PAYG in 8days....fingers crossed. And then I’ll move to a new provider. Sweet Jesus let them have a marginally better customer service!
    I will never go near Vodafone again! Nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Eir's latest marketing offer is No Limits data. Seems to apply to all bill, sim only and prepay plans.

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

There is of course a fair use which is set at 80GB, there seems to be no cap but they reserve the right to limit the service (presumably by throttling speed) if you exceed 80GB.

It seems to be similar to Three's prepay but with higher fair use and unlimited calls (Three only include 3 to 3 calls).

Only drawback is that it will probably slow down Eir's service if too many switch over from Three/Vodafone.

Advertisement