Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Information, Essential Links & Books

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allaboutclicks

Great links and info - thank you. Wish I had found this thread earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

Hi all, I have a (what I think) is a brilliant business idea and I have done research including a thorough investigation of competitors and an online survey of potential customers and Im feeling very positive that I could move this forward and make it into a viable business. The reason I am posting here (it is possibly is the wrong place for it) is to enquire if anyone knows of funding options available for start-up businesses for people who are currently unemployed. I have looked into the CEB's and Enterprise Ireland but the business I have in mind is not one that meets their criteria.

Would appreciate any insights or info that any of you could offer me.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Hey bget, great to see some innovation hopefully coming to fruition. If you haven't met the criteria of EI or any incubators, you may need to go down the route of angel investment, as the banks aren't giving diddly-squat, as we all know!

Feel free to PM me a brief overview of the idea (without giving away any obvious bits you'd be rightfully fearful of being nicked!) i.e. the market and the approx amount required, and I might be able to guide you in the right direction.

Best of luck with it, keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

Thanks luketitz!! have jus send you a private message :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scotwilson

I think there is lots of value in marketing yourself and really there are people out their with amazing ideas but they don't get off their butts and TAKE action. A small bit of pain for a whole lotta gain' is what my coach use to say to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Don't know if anyone has reccommeded these books but If anyone is thinking up starting a restaurant should have a look at these two books:

Setting the table by Danny Meyer. This is an auto biography by the man who runs (among others) the union Square cafe in
    New York- very inspirational!

Another one i found good was 'restaurant owners uncorked' by wil brewley. This book is brilliant. It doesn't give you the steps or procedures in a restaurant but is simply the author interviewing 20 successful restaurateurs on how they did it etc.. This book is great as all the info is straight from Proven Individuals from the industry

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

Brody Sweeney (founder of O'Briens sandwitch shops) - "Making Bread".

No BS, straight to the point and full of practical advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Hi, can anyone recommend an up to date book on setting up a business in Ireland? There are so many out there at the minute. I'm literally looking for an Idiots Guide to setting up a business/Guide to being a CEO in Ireland? (It's not for me!)

Thanks.

• 7 years since the last post!

I'm looking for a workbook to aid me in the creation of a business plan.

I've had a Google, and it seems like there's nothing like that that's been printed in the last 10 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭myNewName

7 years since the last post!

I'm looking for a workbook to aid me in the creation of a business plan.

I've had a Google, and it seems like there's nothing like that that's been printed in the last 10 years or so.

Get in touch with your local enterprise office. They’ve articles and sample templates online, do regular online sessions on it, and do one to one mentoring too where you can get help on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 luckypenguin

Hi all! Are there anyone here who does business on Amazon? Lots of questions, need to ask someone who already has experience and can advise me on something. I am interested in gtin in amazon. I found an article on this, if you can explain a little more - what is gtin in amazon? I've worked with google ad campaigns and I understand what it means, but there are different nuances everywhere. I would also like to know a little more about what is organic sales in amazon, if it is real.

Post edited by luckypenguin on

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jane_Not His Real Name

MJ De Marco...'Unscripted'...

Brilliant stuff for Entrepreneurs..and anyone who has an interest in making something for themselves...in any area...

I

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jane_Not His Real Name

Anyone read De Marco's stuff...? what ye think?

Advertisement