Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from Sole Trader to Ltd Company

• 06-10-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

This has prob been asked before.

I am thinking of changing from Sole Trader to a Ltd Company in January.

For the same reasons most do...ie:

Qualify for Grants etc

A few Questions

I have read somewhere that I cannot keep my current Business name with CRO?

Would the company be considered a Startup and Qualify for some of the grants out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyKq

This has prob been asked before.

I am thinking of changing from Sole Trader to a Ltd Company in January.

For the same reasons most do...ie:

Qualify for Grants etc

A few Questions

I have read somewhere that I cannot keep my current Business name with CRO?

Would the company be considered a Startup and Qualify for some of the grants out there?

For a big decision like this you would need a good accountant. The cost of an Audit each year is a big consideration also if you are not making huge money.
    Get a good accountant as I have seen many good men make these mistakes with Farm Partnerships etc so do once and do right.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

A very late thanks for that reply.

I googled though and it says certain companies have to be audited each year but a point well taken on the Accountant advice....I will do that.

thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 spoiler

Most companies do not need to be audited. You will need to file accounts with the CRO and revenue. If you require any assistance please send me a PM.

Advertisement