Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poor Coverage

Options
  • 23-10-2020 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

I recently moved to an area which has poor mobile coverage. Is there anything on the market that i can get to help boost the signal?

I'm currently on Vodafone and have tried other operators but have the same issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

celt262 wrote: »
    I recently moved to an area which has poor mobile coverage. Is there anything on the market that i can get to help boost the signal?

I'm currently on Vodafone and have tried other operators but have the same issue.

Vodafone do wifi calling if you have decent broadband a phone capable and the correct priceplan you might be able to avail of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭celt262

GIMP wrote: »
    Vodafone do wifi calling if you have decent broadband a phone capable and the correct priceplan you might be able to avail of it.

Thanks i will look into that

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

celt262 wrote: »

Vodafone WiFi Calling is limited to a selection of their mote expensive plans, and doesnt work for text messaging or when roaming. Eir offer WiFi calling on all their bill-pay plans including €9.99 SIM -only. Eir support text messaging and roaming, so you can get free calls anywhere in world when you have WiFi (if we get to travel again in the future)

Note that WiFi calling needs a compatible handset, and with Android, you will need to pick a make that is supported by your operator and flashed with their firmware. Great service for solving indoor coverage problems.

Advertisement