Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

macbook pro adapter

Options
  • 07-07-2020 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Recently got a macbook pro for working remotely.

Never used one before, but theres no HDMI, Ethernet or mouse connectivity or ability to use additional monitors.

Is there an adapter I can buy somewhere quite quickly in order to cover all of these?

Also do I need a specific type of mouse that will only work with a macbook pro?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Recently got a macbook pro for working remotely.

Never used one before, but theres no HDMI, Ethernet or mouse connectivity or ability to use additional monitors.

Is there an adapter I can buy somewhere quite quickly in order to cover all of these?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Take a deep breath for the prices first off. Depending on where you are, HN, Curries, CompuB, Mactivate may have them. I have a Ugreen dock that I got from Amazon which covers all the bases you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

I got this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Hub-Multiport-Adapter-Compatible/dp/B07VMRB2K1/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?dchild=1&keywords=letscom+usb+c+hub&qid=1594134411&sr=8-2-fkmr3

They have ones with more ports, and some with Ethernet etc
    Any USB mouse or keyboard should work - you will need to either get a USB-c one or make sure you have a spare port on your hub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Rulmeq wrote: »
    I got this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Hub-Multiport-Adapter-Compatible/dp/B07VMRB2K1/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?dchild=1&keywords=letscom+usb+c+hub&qid=1594134411&sr=8-2-fkmr3

They have ones with more ports, and some with Ethernet etc

Any USB mouse or keyboard should work - you will need to either get a USB-c one or make sure you have a spare port on your hub

it looks like a good one but delivery is 27th July, surely theres quicker delivery elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Bluetooth would be better for mouse connectivity - plenty of rechargeable ones out there now, so no more messing with removable batteries - some should be good with Macs (I use an Apple bluetooth trackpad with an iMac, so I don't have a specific recommendation for you).

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

Type 17 wrote: »
    Bluetooth would be better for mouse connectivity - plenty of rechargeable ones out there now, so no more messing with removable batteries - some should be good with Macs

I purchased this one for use with my Macbook Pro. Logitech M590

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Silent-Wireless-Battery-Graphite/dp/B071VC9998

It works perfectly using Bluetooth and best of all its completely silent - no clicks.
    I can't vouch for the claimed 2 year battery life but i've had it 9 months and have yet to replace the single AA battery.

Best mouse i have ever used...

• Advertisement
Advertisement