Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bride and groom getting fired on Monday

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Good clean honest fun. Are they wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

If they get divorced, will they still be cousins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It's sweet that like minded scum found each other and got married.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Inbreeding at its finest

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This will be in the papers up there tomorrow apparently. Hence why they are likely to lose their jobs (if they have employment). Such silly people.

Wedding suppose to be one of the happiest days of your life.

Mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,651 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

There are literally no words to describe how appalling this wedding is

Imagine being a guest at this

‘Appalling’ is a word :confused:

Apart from that, being asked to imagine being a guest at the wedding, I can easily imagine being a guest at that wedding, they appear to be having a good time, as one would expect to have at a wedding if one is actually one of the guests? The author of that tweet appears to be very bitter about the fact they weren’t invited to a wedding they wouldn’t have wanted to attend? It’s a bizarre complaint tbh!

I just can’t see any reason to fire them from their jobs. I was expecting to see them wreck the venue or something. A couple of sing songs is standard fare at weddings. I’m just wondering what I’m supposed to be getting that’s so wrong with what’s going on in that video.

can't make out wtf they are saying?

is it "fff the pope and the IRA?"

I just can’t see any reason to fire them from their jobs. I was expecting to see them wreck the venue or something. A couple of sing songs is standard fare at weddings. I’m just wondering what I’m supposed to be getting that’s so wrong with what’s going on in that video.

The video has been viewed 1.1 million times. Papers tomorrow. They are going to be fired. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Christopher Stevenson & Jennie Andrews, what a lovely couple.

• Advertisement

The video has been viewed 1.1 million times. Papers tomorrow. They are going to be fired. :pac:

For what though?

Singing “fcuk the Pope and the IRA”?

Tbh Kermit this has all the hallmarks of manufactured controversy - “Gay wedding cake - Part 2”.

What do you mean 'manufactured'.

These 2 are in for a sh1tstorm. You really think they would go along with something that is going to cause them a lot of pain?

Stuff like this was happening for years, just that we never seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

glasso wrote: »
    can't make out wtf they are saying?

is it "fff the pope and the IRA?"

It's the tailend of this :

For what though?

Singing “fcuk the Pope and the IRA”?

Tbh Kermit this has all the hallmarks of manufactured controversy - “Gay wedding cake - Part 2”.

I had nothing to do with the gay wedding cake! :pac:

Honest question are you serious, or just a really stupid individual?

I’m serious, and I’m still none the wiser as to what people’s issue is here? What’s all the fuss about?

I’m serious, and I’m still none the wiser as to what people’s issue is here? What’s all the fuss about?

You're serious, sound. You clearly know f**k all about NI and sectarianism.

NIMAN wrote: »

These 2 are in for a sh1tstorm. You really think they would go along with something that is going to cause them a lot of pain?

Jesus for the third time of asking - what are they in trouble for?

Yup, after the NI football fans were filmed singing sectarian songs in a pub during the Euros (there were consequences for some of them IIRC) you would think some common sense would be employed in terms of at least keeping the bigotry out of sight. :pac:

Why would bigotry even be part of a wedding? Like I said it's supposed to be one of the best days of your life.

Each to their own I guess.

The fuss is, its on social media.
    Everything on social media is big news.

Am I bothered this couple holds these views? That they are bigots?
    No, not at all. Couldn't care less. Their views have no impact on my life, but there are already people on social media launching campaigns to have them sacked, which will likely happen now as social media mobs have so much power.

Oh, and gay cake thing is still going strong afaik, far from dead.

You're serious, sound. You clearly know f**k all about NI and sectarianism.

I know plenty about NI and sectarianism. I also know that this was a private function and the bride and groom are not public figures. I’ve also never been to a wedding where there wasn’t a rabble rousing sing song. I’ve been to weddings where far more serious **** than this went down, but then none of it was posted on social media by some arsehole. Maybe that’s what I’m missing.

• Advertisement

I had nothing to do with the gay wedding cake! :pac:

Isn't it just a cake?

The fuss is, its on social media.
    Everything on social media is big news.

Am I bothered this couple holds these views? That they are bigots?
    No, not at all. Couldn't care less. Their views have no impact on my life, but there are already people on social media launching campaigns to have them sacked, which will likely happen now as social media mobs have so much power.

Oh, and gay cake thing is still going strong afaik, far from dead.

Thank you, Jesus it took that long to get a straight answer :pac:

I know plenty about NI and sectarianism. I also know that this was a private function and the bride and groom are not public figures.

They have made themselves public figures.

Is sectarianism, racism, bigotry etc a thing at the weddings you attend?

I agree lots of **** goes down at weddings - but not that type of bigotry/hatred from my experience.

Maybe you hang out with people in to that stuff, dunno.

I'd say it's a minority sport though.

They'll be grand on MOnday, assume if they were married this weekend then they'll have at least a week or two off for the honeymoon.

Sacked before the months out though!

I know plenty about NI and sectarianism. I also know that this was a private function and the bride and groom are not public figures. I’ve also never been to a wedding where there wasn’t a rabble rousing sing song. I’ve been to weddings where far more serious **** than this went down, but then none of it was posted on social media by some arsehole. Maybe that’s what I’m missing.

Apologies but I must call bs on your comment. My family is from NI Strabane to be exact I have been to loads of weddings and none descended to this type of sectarianism. You missing lots tbh.

I'd guess there is a fair chance:

1) they work with Catholics
    2) there was at least one Catholic at their wedding

If so, their decision to sing this on their entrance was a bit daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

In fairness, the pope might have done something to them.

I'd guess there is a fair chance:

1) they work with Catholics
    2) there was at least one Catholic at their wedding

If so, their decision to sing this on their entrance was a bit daft.

Such is life , you can't stop a**holes being a**holes.

They have made themselves public figures.

Is sectarianism, racism, bigotry etc a thing at the weddings you attend?

I agree lots of **** goes down at weddings - but not that type of bigotry/hatred from my experience.

Maybe you hang out with people in to that stuff, dunno.

I'd say it's a minority sport though.

Well that’s generally what goes on at any wedding I’ve ever been to, that’s why I wasn’t getting what all the fuss was about. As soon as it was explained by NIMAN that it was posted on social media, I copped that yeah, there’s going to be the usual shìte headed their way like Lorenzo on steroids :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What they needed to do was go back out the door and then do 'fcuk the queen and the UVF' to keep all sides happy... or no-one happy, as is usually the case.

Advertisement