Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Water charges for excessive usage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,864 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Source?

Any company that has a data bank of names, addresses, bank details and especially all three along with their PPS numbers nowadays is a prime target for hackers.
    Some of us at least saw the danger in supplying PPS numbers to IW for no discernible reason unlike others who thought it was a great idea.

Actually, what were your thoughts on that ?

Me, I have no worries if they are hacked as I never gave IW any details whatsoever, but with the shambles IW has shown itself to be I can see why some who did would be worried

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

charlie14 wrote: »
    Any company that has a data bank of names, addresses, bank details and especially all three along with their PPS numbers nowadays is a prime target for hackers.
    Some of us at least saw the danger in supplying PPS numbers to IW for no discernible reason unlike others who thought it was a great idea.

Me, I have no worries if they are hacked as I never gave IW any details whatsoever, but with the shambles IW has shown itself to be I can see why some who did would be worried

Some people just couldn't resist the conservation grant Chaz, motors need to be taxed you know.

Goddamn it. I must have a word with my doctor, hospital, optician, dentist, bank, welfare office, employer etc regarding the security of my details.

Goddamn it. I must have a word with my doctor, hospital, optician, dentist, bank, welfare office, employer etc regarding the security of my details.

If you have provided them with your bank details and your PPS number along with your name and address that is probably a good idea.
    Your doctor, optician, dentist and employer are probably safe enough as unlike IW they would not have the numbers on their database that would interest hackers.
    With the shambles IW is though aren`t you lucky that those sane enough to recognise that IW collecting PPS numbers was another scam got it stopped and all numbers (supposedly at least) deleted.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Distract!!

Just driving a ‘coach and four’ through your fake news posts a chara.

Unlike yourself, I never threw around figures I couldn’t back up .

You are beginning to sound like the Rise/Solidarity crowd now trying to target people for ‘telling lies’.

Saying it as it is.[/QUOTE]

You contested that FG`s vainglorious mater metering wet dream has not cost less than 1 Billion euro with nothing to back that up.

Either put the money where your mouth is and produce your figures rather than posting inane drivel and bluster, or admit you haven`t a clue.

I contested the waffle you posted quoting figures pulled from the top of your head.

Figures you couldn’t back up.

I contested several posts where you totally misrepresented my views and tried to put your own ‘twist’ on where you thought I was coming from and proved it the relevant posts I posted.

And you are still carrying on as if nothing happened.

• Advertisement

Distract!!

Just driving a ‘coach and four’ through your fake news posts a chara.

Unlike yourself, I never threw around figures I couldn’t back up .

You are beginning to sound like the Rise/Solidarity crowd now trying to target people for ‘telling lies’.

Saying it as it is.

I contested the waffle you posted quoting figures pulled from the top of your head.

I contested several posts where you totally misrepresented my views and tried to put your own ‘twist’ on where you thought I was coming from and proved it the relevant posts I posted.

And you are still carrying on as if nothing happened.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to you contesting my figures without being able to show any of your own ?:D

If you have a problem with figures simply shouting bebunked (like some others here who could not recognise the difference between start up and yearly recurring costs) is really poor posting form.

If you cannot produce figures of the cost to the taxpayer to date of the shambles then cut out the childish waffling and attempts at distraction and admit you haven`t the foggiest idea.

And you are still carrying on as if nothing happened.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to you contesting my figures without being able to show any of your own ?:D

If you have a problem with figures simply shouting bebunked (like some others here who could not recognise the difference between start up and yearly recurring costs) is really poor posting form.

If you cannot produce figures of the cost to the taxpayer to date of the shambles then cut out the childish waffling and attempts at distraction and admit you haven`t the foggiest idea.[/QUOTE]

My friend, you have been debunked on several issues on this thread recently.

All you are doing now is twist the issues and spread enough chaff to try turn things around.

I challenged your made up figures, which you couldn’t substantiate.

I never suggested figures of any kind.

I challenged your replies to my posts which proved you wrong.

So please put away your seeming hatred of FG ,Dennis O’Brien, et al and stop trying to back away from the fake figures you were caught out with.

You have been at this personal putting words into people’s mouths unchallenged for too long.

Time to wise up ,dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Brendan, could you point out exactly where Charlie's figures are fake. You are claiming they are fake so you should have no issue in showing them to be fake.

Maybe you think the figures he quoted are underestimated, perhaps?

pablo128 wrote: »
    Brendan, could you point out exactly where Charlie's figures are fake. You are claiming they are fake so you should have no issue in showing them to be fake.

Maybe you think the figures he quoted are underestimated, perhaps?

Pablo, I made reference to the figures thrown out.

To date I have had no back up of substantiation of those figures.

I have not claimed anything other than those figures needed to be proved.

Pablo, I made reference to the figures thrown out.

To date I have had no back up of substantiation of those figures.

I have not claimed anything other than those figures needed to be proved.

He gave an estimation of a cost to meter all remaining unmetered properties in the country, including apartments. You yourself said you wouldn't be inclined to pay unless everyone else was on the hook too.

If you want to dispute his estimate, give us your estimate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Benedict

If you have provided them with your bank details and your PPS number along with your name and address that is probably a good idea.
    Your doctor, optician, dentist and employer are probably safe enough as unlike IW they would not have the numbers on their database that would interest hackers.
    With the shambles IW is though aren`t you lucky that those sane enough to recognise that IW collecting PPS numbers was another scam got it stopped and all numbers (supposedly at least) deleted.:)

If I remember correctly, you had to supply your PPS if you wanted to claim you Euro 100. As far as I can remember, supplying personal details was part of the deal.

He gave an estimation of a cost to meter all remaining unmetered properties in the country, including apartments. You yourself said you wouldn't be inclined to pay unless everyone else was on the hook too.

If you want to dispute his estimate, give us your estimate.

He gave an estimation for the actual installation costs of the meters currently in the ground.

Benedict wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, you had to supply your PPS if you wanted to claim you Euro 100. As far as I can remember, supplying personal details was part of the deal.

Any link to your claim that we could all be burgled because of the meters?

Any link to your claim that we could all be burgled because of the meters?

Mary we're still waiting for proof of the miles and miles and miles of water pipes that were replaced in Tipperary.

Mary we're still waiting for proof of the miles and miles and miles of water pipes that were replaced in Tipperary.

Really? Pity I never took photos.

Really? Pity I never took photos.

No proof to your claims, yet you are demanding proof from others.....

My claims weren’t queried because details were available on Irish Water website at the time.

And you are still carrying on as if nothing happened.

If you cannot produce figures of the cost to the taxpayer to date of the shambles then cut out the childish waffling and attempts at distraction and admit you haven`t the foggiest idea.[/QUOTE]

All you are doing now is twist the issues and spread enough chaff to try turn things around.

So please put away your seeming hatred of FG ,Dennis O’Brien, et al and stop trying to back away from the fake figures you were caught out with.

You have been at this personal putting words into people’s mouths unchallenged for too long.

Time to wise up ,dude.[/QUOTE]

You challenge someones figures calling them fake yet you have no idea what the figure is yourself.
    Now you are just embarrassing yourself.

Only a blind follower of FG could see nothing to hate in FG/ O`Brien.

My claims weren’t queried because details were available on Irish Water website at the time.

As relevant as looking for information on current affairs in The Beano.

They were demanding PPS numbers back in July 2014 on their original registration forms to households.

After the trouble that caused I doubt they were looking for them later for the "conservation grant" as I never had anything to do with them.

Maryanne would know. She claimed it.

• Advertisement

If you cannot produce figures of the cost to the taxpayer to date of the shambles then cut out the childish waffling and attempts at distraction and admit you haven`t the foggiest idea.

Time to wise up ,dude.[/QUOTE]

You challenge someones figures calling them fake yet you have no idea what the figure is yourself.

Only a blind follower of FG could see nothing to hate in FG/ O`Brien.[/QUOTE]

http://europeanwater.org/actions/country-city-focus/899-anti-water-privatisation-campaign-in-ireland

Scroll to ‘Water Services Today’

You will see the installation costs @ €560 mil.

They were demanding PPS numbers back in July 2014 on their original registration forms to households.

After the trouble that caused I doubt they were looking for them later for the "conservation grant" as I never had anything to do with them.

Maryanne would know. She claimed it.

Irish Water didn’t handle the conservation grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Irish Water didn’t handle the conservation grant.

That's not what was said, no one said they handled it, it was asked if you would know (because you boasted of getting it to tax the motor) if providing a pps number was relevant to whether or not a household received the bribe.

If memory serves me correctly it was.

Time to wise up ,dude.

Only a blind follower of FG could see nothing to hate in FG/ O`Brien.[/QUOTE]

http://europeanwater.org/actions/country-city-focus/899-anti-water-privatisation-campaign-in-ireland

You will see the installation costs @ €560 mil.[/QUOTE]

And you believe that was the total cost to the taxpayer of the expensive waste of money :confused:

Only a blind follower of FG could see nothing to hate in FG/ O`Brien.

You will see the installation costs @ €560 mil.[/QUOTE]

And you believe that was the total cost to the taxpayer of the expensive waste of money :confused:[/QUOTE]

No.... I believe it’s what I have been saying since post 1675 ad nauseum
    but you wouldn’t listen, you wanted figures on what you alleged, you got them.

Installation of water meters.

You will see the installation costs @ €560 mil.

And you believe that was the total cost to the taxpayer of the expensive waste of money :confused:[/QUOTE]

No.... I believe it’s what I have been saying since post 1675 ad nauseum
    but you wouldn’t listen, you wanted figures on what you alleged, you got them.

Installation of water meters.[/QUOTE]

Installation of water meters was not the total cost of the clusterfcuk.
    Not even close.

Irish Water are not exactly an open book when it comes to them wasting taxpayers money, but from what we know it is as close either side of of I Billion euro as makes little difference.

Based on that it is no stretch that assume that to meter the remaining households plus all the apartments that they would not touch because of the cost will cost another 2 Billion.
    That is the figure you were contesting it would cost to do what you favour.

Spend 3 Billion Euro to catch a few people exceeding their allowance for a pittance in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Benedict

Just ignore her, that's what everyone else does.

Just ignore her, that's what everyone else does.

Typical when you’re asked for a source to a claim that you cannot provide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Typical when you’re asked for a source to a claim that you cannot provide.

You made a claim that a competent plumber could ascertain the amount of water used on a property without the aid of a meter, yet refused to inform those of us who asked how is it possible. Your above comment is at best hypocritical.

• Advertisement

You made a claim that a competent plumber could ascertain the amount of water used on a property without the aid of a meter, yet refused to inform those of us who asked how is it possible. Your above comment is at best hypocritical.

Links were provided. The fact that they were ignoring or dismissed is not my problem.

Advertisement