Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-07-2019, 09:47   #31
Sonics2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidchameleon View Post
No sorry I worded it wrong. I mean, a woman will generally be more agreeable than a man. That is one of the reasons I think May failed. A male PM will be less likley to put up with the EU's bs. I'm not trolling, I'm talking about well established personality traits between the sexes.
Wait, you think some one like Boris Johnson is more responsible and tough thinking than Theresa May? I have no love for May, but you're seriously deluding yourself if you think that's true.

I'm genuinely curious why you dislike the EU? The MEP's are voted in, the vast majority of things the EU has done have been very beneficial to Ireland and the Irish people.

Most of the bad things that have happened here are directly the fault of our own Government.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-07-2019, 09:47   #32
Kidchameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork_exile View Post
Okay
Angela Merkel says "guten tag"
Of course there are outliers but May is not one of them. Her tears in front of #10 are proof of this. You would never see Merkel do that.
03-07-2019, 09:48   #33
Cork_exile

Quote:
Of course there are outliers but May is not one of them. Her tears in front of #10 are proof of this. You would never see Merkel do that.
Hillary says "Howdy"
03-07-2019, 09:52   #34
Kidchameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonics2k View Post
Wait, you think some one like Boris Johnson is more responsible and tough thinking than Theresa May? I have no love for May, but you're seriously deluding yourself if you think that's true.

I'm genuinely curious why you dislike the EU? The MEP's are voted in, the vast majority of things the EU has done have been very beneficial to Ireland and the Irish people.

Most of the bad things that have happened here are directly the fault of our own Government.
Boris would not be my first choice but he has better negotiation skills than May. I dont like the EU because they do not respect democracy. The MEP's are there only for show, it is the unelected scumbags that are the real problem.
Thanks from:
03-07-2019, 09:53   #35
Kidchameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork_exile View Post
Hillary says "Howdy"
Hillary who?
Advertisement
03-07-2019, 09:54   #36
Professor Moriarty

Quote:
Boris would not be my first choice but he has better negotiation skills than May. I dont like the EU because they do not respect democracy. The MEP's are there only for show, it is the unelected scumbags that are the real problem.
Where is your evidence that he is a better negotiator?
03-07-2019, 09:56   #37
Cork_exile

Quote:
Hillary who?
Nancy Pelosi says "Hi there"
Carrie Lamb says "Ni Hao"
03-07-2019, 09:56   #38
ancapailldorcha
Order! Order!

Quote:
Do you have anything to say that's more meaningful than these facile soundbytes?
03-07-2019, 09:57   #39
Cork_exile

Arlene Foster says "No"

Want to still say that women leaders are easier pushovers than the men?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-07-2019, 10:02   #40
lawred2

Quote:
No sorry I worded it wrong. I mean, a woman will generally be more agreeable than a man. That is one of the reasons I think May failed. A male PM will be less likley to put up with the EU's bs. I'm not trolling, I'm talking about well established personality traits between the sexes.
any chance of some examples?
03-07-2019, 10:09   #41
SexBobomb

Quote:
Your "comparable situation" makes no sense despite re-reading it several times

Also, there are a number of reasons why there is no need to pay the divorce bill. Even if they had to pay it, a PM with any balls would just walk away from it.
Then their "word" and signature on any future agreements or deals would be worthless, how could anyone trust them or agree on deals with them if they just walk away from bills they owe ?

Last edited by SexBobomb; 03-07-2019 at 10:12. Reason: typo
03-07-2019, 10:09   #42
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexBobomb View Post
Then their "word" and signature on any future agreements or deals would be worthless, how could anyone trust them or agree on deals wit them if they just walk away from bills they owe ?
yeah but you're forgetting balls
03-07-2019, 10:13   #43
Cork_exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawred2 View Post
yeah but you're forgetting balls
(4) thanks from:
03-07-2019, 10:14   #44
Sonics2k

Quote:
No disrespect here, but this is very much a soundbyte.

How is Boris a better negotiator? What negotiating has he done?

Explain the EU not respecting democracy? I suspect you'll mention the Lisbon Treaty, but I think you should really read up on the difference between the two votes we had, as the conditions were very different in both.
03-07-2019, 10:19   #45
Kidchameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonics2k View Post
I suspect you'll mention the Lisbon Treaty, but I think you should really read up on the difference between the two votes we had, as the conditions were very different in both.
I am very well versed on the Lisbon situation. It was the wrong answer the first time so it was run again. It was essentially the same treaty the second time, and yes I know there were minuscule differences.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion