Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-04-2019, 14:26   #46
EmmetSpiceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinsmoke View Post
In the male jacks in work a foreigner always put his ****ty toilet paper into the bin. Everyone knew who it was and the cleaners went mental with HR and said there is nothing we can do about it.

Cleaner ended up removing the bin alltogether and HR eventually got a hand dryer in.
Was he Greek? You can’t put paper in the toilets over there. There’s a disgusting bin beside the toilet that you have to stuff them in.

A vile but necessary practice.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-04-2019, 14:32   #47
Fuaranach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yer Da sells Avon View Post
Where are you from yourself? Where I'm from (Ireland), giving a vivid description of a person's bowel movement would not be considered culturally normal.
This. And in almost every one of his posts on this website too. It's his predictable, creatively challenged trademark for at least ten years now eh, fluttering, around here. There's even a word for his obsession: scatalogical
07-04-2019, 14:33   #48
Pintman Paddy Losty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmetSpiceland View Post
Was he Greek? You can’t put paper in the toilets over there. There’s a disgusting bin beside the toilet that you have to stuff them in.

That's the case with a lot of jacks in **** hole countries with substandard sewage systems. I refuse to use them and throw the paper in the toilet. The toilets always absolutely reek. It's normally a hot country too which doesn't help matters.
(2) thanks from:
07-04-2019, 14:36   #49

Quote:

I think he was Morrocon, it was a small paper bin as well for the hand drying paper. like a mesh waste paper basket.
07-04-2019, 14:41   #50
EmmetSpiceland

Quote:
I think he was Morrocon, it was a small paper bin as well for the hand drying paper. like a mesh waste paper basket.
That’s just disgusting. Perhaps it was new to him? I’ve heard they favour the left hand in the desert states.
Advertisement
07-04-2019, 14:43   #51

Quote:
That’s just disgusting. Perhaps it was new to him? I’ve heard they favour the left hand in the desert states.
Must have been, it only happened after he joined.

I think HR were too scared to say anything to him for fear of been sued. You can't prove it.
Thanks from:
07-04-2019, 14:59   #52
JohnnyFlash

Quote:

You ever in Italy? The shïtters over there have a ledge at the back of them where the log rests until you flush it away. Bizarre and grotesque.
07-04-2019, 15:34   #53
EmmetSpiceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
You ever in Italy? The shïtters over there have a ledge at the back of them where the log rests until you flush it away. Bizarre and grotesque.
I have, Johnny. It’s the one, and possibly only, issue I’d have with Italy, outside of a sporting sense obviously.

They have it in a number of European countries. It does nothing for the air quality in the bathroom. The water is there for a reason, people don’t appreciate how much smell the water holds in.

Here’s a pro tip for you in future, put down some paper on the ledge before you take a seat. This means the feculence will slide into the water more easily after you flush and won’t leave any unsightly streaks. Some of the hotels don’t provide a brush in every bathroom.
(2) thanks from:
07-04-2019, 16:14   #54
Brendan Bendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post

The log or the ****ters?
Advertisement
07-04-2019, 16:28   #55
Brendan Bendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Hassenforder View Post
There was a rule in the civil service up until very recently, all grades below Executive officer would have to wait until higher grades (Principal Officers, Dept Secretarys etc.) had completed their business in a bathroom and left until they could enter, in case they overheard anything.
Believe that was true.... lad working in, Finance...I think, was waiting for a free trap at the 1030 evacuation, when in rolls an Executive Officer and claims ‘privelege’.

Lad says he blew out a load like a bolt of otters going off a riverbank, and left the pan like the Derby Co. goalmouth in the 1960s.

Fcuking whack of stale salmon and peanuts was vile the lad said.

Like a bears den after a winter hibernation.....fcuking rank.
07-04-2019, 16:31   #56
EmmetSpiceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yer Da sells Avon View Post
Where are you from yourself? Where I'm from (Ireland), giving a vivid description of a person's bowel movement would not be considered culturally normal.
You don’t get out much, do you? Get a group of lads together and inevitably the conversation will turn to toilets and what goes on within them.

You get this on office, club or social nights out. Someone will always have some funny or gross story to share. Harmless fun.

I should clarify, when I said “toilets and what goes on within them” I meant using them for their intended use, not anything sordid or unsavoury like “cottaging” or “glory holes”.
07-04-2019, 22:31   #57
Aglomerado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Bendar View Post
Believe that was true.... lad working in, Finance...I think, was waiting for a free trap at the 1030 evacuation, when in rolls an Executive Officer and claims ‘privelege’.

Lad says he blew out a load like a bolt of otters going off a riverbank, and left the pan like the Derby Co. goalmouth in the 1960s.

Fcuking whack of stale salmon and peanuts was vile the lad said.

Like a bears den after a winter hibernation.....fcuking rank.

The hum in some government office bogs would make a grown man cry.
I learnt quickly to use a different jacks on a different floor if I saw certain people leaving as I was entering. One such person had the surname King which I extrapolated out to King of the Stinging Minging Ring....
07-04-2019, 22:38   #58
Feisar

Quote:
In the male jacks in work a foreigner always put his ****ty toilet paper into the bin. Everyone knew who it was and the cleaners went mental with HR and said there is nothing we can do about it.

Cleaner ended up removing the bin alltogether and HR eventually got a hand dryer in.
I'd say your man eventually flushed it or put it into a zip lock in his backpack.
It's a thing in a lot of countries. When I was in Thailand there was always a bin as they don't flush the toilet paper.
10-04-2019, 00:28   #59
TomSweeney

Classic stuff lads!!
"Bolt of otters off a riverbank"

(2) thanks from:
10-04-2019, 00:38   #60
tupenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilOssophy View Post
Don't care
Love it

Quick Reply