Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-10-2019, 08:29   #5926
Sagats_knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdershins View Post
Guy, the perception that some entity is sitting on you/clambering up on you from the end of your bed during sleep paralysis, is known as being hag ridden.

I'm horribly familiar with sleep paralysis. I'm amazed your wife could detect your signal/noise, Sagat. I'd be screaming til my lungs felt like they'd burst and not a sound would escape my lips. Sleep paralysis is like being embalmed and mummified but conscious all along. With a malevolent dark shape coming for you.

My SP started soon after I'd undergone a spinal epidural injection and I have to wonder. The main risk with epidural is paralysis.
Yes in those moments when sleep paralysis becomes unbearable I’m also screaming with all my strength but what actually materialises, if I’m lucky, is a faint whimper. My wife is very tuned into me so she’s pulled me out of it a few times now.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2019, 08:58   #5927
corner of hells

Quote:
Originally Posted by The chan chan man View Post
The ghost stories here don’t freak me out as much. One staggering thing here is, for a relatively small online thread...in a small country...the amount of child abduction near miss stories! That is scary.

My own experience was when I was about 12. I was in the old Waltons guitar shop in Georges st looking at cheap guitars, knowing ai could never afford a real fender or gibson.

This old guy came over telling me how “eric clapton holds it. Sounds better”. He then told me how he has all these expensive fender guitars back in his flat and told me to come with him. Freaked the sh1t out of me at that age and thankfully I had the sense to leave. What a different life I might have led after. These scum need to be castrated or simply put down!
You're aware of the connection between Facebook ,"white vans " and near miss child abductions in this country.
Thanks from:
17-10-2019, 09:09   #5928
maccored

Send a message via Skype™ to maccored
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Person View Post
Amps pick up radio waves, probably there were kids in their earlier in the day on their phones and it got picked up by the amp. If it's left on the noises just kind of bounce around in there until it gets replaced my new noise. An old neighbour of mine used to get European radio stations on his guitar amp in the early 90's!
hang on, an amp picks up noises, keeps them for a while and then replays them? Electrical circuitry can pick up radio alright - I've seen amps do that. Ive never seen an amp with 'noises (that) just kind of bounce around in there until it gets replaced my new noise'
17-10-2019, 09:14   #5929
nthclare

I was running late yesterday morning while driving to work, usually I've a few minutes to spare and I don't drive fast.
Driving through Ennis town from the Lahinch side there's a few housing area's off the Lahinch road, so I'd usually let the odd few out by slowing down flashing them to pull out and get on the road .

Yesterday morning I hadn't time to be my usual passive driver so just drove on, came to the last housing exit, some driver in front of me let out 5 car's.

It made me think about the law's of physics'and synchronization.....
17-10-2019, 09:28   #5930
dubstarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Person View Post
There is a thing known as Sleep Paralysis that I get often. It's almost as it sounds, it happens in that in between stage of falling asleep but still being awake. I am unable to move, speak or open my eyes and the particular type I get is that it feels like somebody is sitting on my bed or even sitting on top of me! I try to move or shout and I can't.

That last bit is actually common for people who get sleep paralysis and it's creepy as all hell. When it first started happening I was never able to sleep afterwards but it's so regular these days that I get weirded out for a few minutes then fall asleep.
I used to get that a lot when i was in my 20s.I normally only get it now,if i go back asleep during the day.

I fell asleep the other morning after the kids went to school.And i knew i was about to get it,i felt something closing in on me.What i do now,is concentrate on my big toe.Wiggle that it means it wakes up your whole body.

My son gets it fairly regularly ,i told him about my trick.He says it works for him as well.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2019, 09:51   #5931
The chan chan man

Quote:
Originally Posted by corner of hells View Post
You're aware of the connection between Facebook ,"white vans " and near miss child abductions in this country.
Apparently not. What’s the craic?
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 03:14   #5932
AngryHippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The chan chan man View Post
Apparently not. What’s the craic?
yeah , whats the story ?
18-10-2019, 03:34   #5933
Your Face

Nothing crazy but why not:

When I was a teenager, a friend and I were walking to his house at night.
We stopped for a bit and were chatting away.
As I was listening to my friend, I noticed a faint flash that lit up his face for a second or so.
At the same time he stopped talking and was looking wide-eyed, upwards behind me.

I was about to ask him was he alright but he half-shouted "Did you see that?!"
I said I saw the faint light but he was gone. He bolted for home. I jogged on behind him and was asking him what did he see and all he would say was he saw "something green flash in the sky behind me"
That's all he would say about ever it again. Ive asked him a few times over the years about but he just wont talk about it. I think he whats to block it out.
18-10-2019, 08:53   #5934
blinding

Ah , the Green Flashing Sky Alien .
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 11:41   #5935
maximo31

Just started reading this thread and someone mentioned about a dogs sixth sense and it reminded me of something that happened just over a year and a half ago.
Myself and my partner got a new dog , lovely little fella and really friendly with people. Would jump up on a strangers lap no problem.
One evening my parents called to the house for a visit. Their first time meeting our dog.
As my dad walked into the sitting room our little dog starts barking very angrily behind him. Very unlike him . He hadn't done it before that and he hasn't done it sense.
My dad would have been an animal friendly person too so it did seem strange. My partner and i even spoke after they left about how weird it was.
Sadly only a couple of weeks later my dad died in an accident / from a heart condition......
We have spoke about that incident sense and often wonder could our dog sense death , could he see death on my fathers shoulder???
18-10-2019, 11:57   #5936
Widdershins

Dogs can sense human pregnancy. Some dogs will nuzzle their owners tummy and seem to stick closer to her. I have witnessed it .

There were successful experiments showing that dogs can detect diabetes and some other diseases.
18-10-2019, 12:12   #5937
jiltloop

Dogs can also smell cancer and I believe there are plans to use them in diagnoses. I don't think it's a sixth sense they have detecting things but rather a very heightened sense of smell.
18-10-2019, 13:56   #5938
SJW Lover
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdershins View Post
Guy, the perception that some entity is sitting on you/clambering up on you from the end of your bed during sleep paralysis, is known as being hag ridden.

I'm horribly familiar with sleep paralysis. I'm amazed your wife could detect your signal/noise, Sagat. I'd be screaming til my lungs felt like they'd burst and not a sound would escape my lips. Sleep paralysis is like being embalmed and mummified but conscious all along. With a malevolent dark shape coming for you.

My SP started soon after I'd undergone a spinal epidural injection and I have to wonder. The main risk with epidural is paralysis.

Happened to me only once. Sleeping alone in house i was living in during college. Around Halloween so my housemates werent there. Thought i had gone to sleep but then "woke" completely paralysed. Trying to move my tongue even and couldnt. The house i was in had a room at the end of it which was closed off to us. A man had lived there and died in that room years before. I was in the bottom bunk of a bunk bed and, while paralysed, i felt like i was lifted off the bed and slowly moving over the end of it towards the door of my bedroom. I can still remember it vividly. I felt a presence in the room at the end of the hall that i was moving towards. Totally paralysed and terrified. Then, all of a sudden, i wake up back in my bunk drenched in sweat. Was so scared i called my uncle and told him what had just happened. He told me to calm down (understandably). I lay in against the wall and eventually went to sleep. Had no idea that it was sleep paralysis until i read up on it the next day. I have never been more scared in my life.
(4) thanks from:
18-10-2019, 18:22   #5939
blinding

Sleep paralysis could be Aliens messing with ya ...just saying .
(2) thanks from:
18-10-2019, 19:17   #5940
HotMama89

Couple of years back I broke up with the father of my child and a guy I went to school with obviously copped he was no longer in the picture on social media etc. and kept asking me out on dates after being told no thanks really persistant to the point I had block him...shortly after that I see him being outed as a paedophile on facebook makes me shudder as to what his real intentions of being so persistant were

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion