Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano lessons dublin

• 23-01-2020 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Does anyone have a good tip for piano lessons for an adult beginner here in Dublin? Preferably lessons with them on location, so I can practice on their acoustic piano (I live in a super tiny room so having a piano teacher over isn't practical).

Yes I have googled but I was wondering if anybody has a favorite teacher or personal recommendation. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I am in the same boat wanting to learn. Obviously in-person is the best but realistically I think we will have to wait a few months at least before having any home of in-person lessons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Waltons New School of Music is what comes to mind- and it is based in Dublin City Centre which is handy enough. :)

They do group/individual/partner lessons, as well as beginner group piano lessons.
    However, they do not do in-school lessons during lockdown, of course, so it is all Zoom at the moment. They alternate between in-school and online, depending on restrictions.

During 'normal' times all the lessons take place there in the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jjjulio

http://www.hartstown-cep.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Final-Brochure-Autumn-2020_Spring-2021.pdf are doing some classes online from next week for 10 weeks though brochure is out-of-date but they confirmed this by email. Not exactly what you want but with lockdown you probably have few options and the class only costs €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I never found a great teacher in Dublin, and I've been to a few. Waltons seems ok though, but you'd really have to put the work in to get up to scratch with reading music and theory.
    Pianogroove is a good site for learning jazz, you'd need to have the basics down though to follow the lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

I can recommend an excellent online teacher who i use via Zoom for jazz, blues and rock (mostly dad rock), if you drop me a pm.

I have no connections other than as a pupil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Can anyone recommend a piano teacher in Dublin ( preferably north side d1- d7:d11 areas )

This is to teach a complete beginner and ideally progress on to taking exams etc

Thanks

Advertisement