Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just finished single player of COD: MW2

• 10-11-2009 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So its 6:24 and i beated game on veteran setting.

Loved it, in some places i whanted to cry... becouse of just being pwned like a little girl, and on athers places becouse of story...

Just loved it, going to try multiplayer now, untill mine misses wakes up and sees me still on pc... I will get killed ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,512 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

that didnt take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving to COD forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i think it would be even more fester if i played on normal... So basicly 5h on veteran, on normal it would be 4h...

Multiplayer prety good thought. And this removing of dedicated servers is not that bad... As you get proper matches, with perfect number of players for maps, no more jusr 50 player rape fest in small map, which i really hated...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Multiplayer prety good thought. And this removing of dedicated servers is not that bad... As you get proper matches, with perfect number of players for maps, no more jusr 50 player rape fest in small map, which i really hated...
    You didn't have to join the Dedicated servers with **** map to people ratio in the previous games. All you had to do was check the numbers of players compared to the map in the browser. A simple process. If you didnt like it, just change to a different server. Enjoy your ping times/5 sec host disconnect intervals and lack of mods.

And gj at completing single player. Could you be arséd playing SP again?

You didn't have to join the Dedicated servers with **** map to people ratio in the previous games. All you had to do was check the numbers of players compared to the map in the browser. A simple process. If you didnt like it, just change to a different server. Enjoy your ping times/5 sec host disconnect intervals and lack of mods.

And gj at completing single player. Could you be arséd playing SP again?

lol why you so hostile? I was upset about pc version nerf. I am just saying that its not too bad, you can live with it. in 3 hours of playing only once host left, and it was replaced in 10 secs, and we continued with no hassel...

I am a fan of really good quality SP games. So cod had decent one, ofc you cant compare it to bioshock or mass effect, but it was really not bad.
    And to answer your question: No, i would be arsed to play it again, as the next difficulty level is just sadomazo experience... I had enought 2 shotted on veteran difficulty.

One really big dissapointment is riot shield, you cant use it with a gun... Which is pure stupuid... You see athers NPC using it with weapons, and you cant... weird...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

lol why you so hostile? I was upset about pc version nerf. I am just saying that its not too bad, you can live with it. in 3 hours of playing only once host left, and it was replaced in 10 secs, and we continued with no hassel...
    Sorry if it came off as hostile it was the first COD game I was (can afford now) to buy and not pirate, so I'm a bit disillusioned.
    I am a fan of really good quality SP games. So cod had decent one, ofc you cant compare it to bioshock or mass effect, but it was really not bad.
    And to answer your question: No, i would be arsed to play it again, as the next difficulty level is just sadomazo experience... I had enought 2 shotted on veteran difficulty.
    Methinks you should have played it on normal first and then veteran.
    One really big dissapointment is riot shield, you cant use it with a gun... Which is pure stupuid... You see athers NPC using it with weapons, and you cant... weird...
    Lol you could use the shield and the gun in games as far back as condition zero. NPC's allowed to use the gun is real ghey.

Sorry if it came off as hostile it was the first COD game I was (can afford now) to buy and not pirate, so I'm a bit disillusioned.

Methinks you should have played it on normal first and then veteran.

Lol you could use the shield and the gun in games as far back as condition zero. NPC's allowed to use the gun is real ghey.

Playing fps on harder setting actually makes it more interesting for me, its more realistic. Loved to play FEAR 1 on hardest setting. Was real challange, AI was amazing!!! Its a shame FEAR2 is garbadge :(

and riot shield thing is just a piss to be honest... Naybe later you will get perk or something so you could use it with weapon, but atm its usless, and it was one of the biggest things i was looking forward too! Loved riot shield when they introduced in CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mattman

So its 6:24 and i beated game on veteran setting.

Loved it, in some places i whanted to cry... becouse of just being pwned like a little girl, and on athers places becouse of story...

Just loved it, going to try multiplayer now, untill mine misses wakes up and sees me still on pc... I will get killed ;)

i though the single player was rubbish. I played it for about 20 mins and got bored. same as cod 1. played till was in a airport killin all passengers! which i though was a bit rough for the younger players.

BUT! the multiplayer is brilliant...im on level 31.. and allways in the top 3 ! when i dont come first i go mental!! haha..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

mattman wrote: »
    which i though was a bit rough for the younger players.

Its an over 18's game for a start.You didnt ring the joe duffy show by any chance?:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was nearly finished it when it decided to crash on me :-/ good game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mattman

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Its an over 18's game for a start.You didnt ring the joe duffy show by any chance?:pac:

hahA! no way!

m.

think ill have a quick game now ! to get the day started right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

mattman wrote: »
    hahA! no way!

m.

ok just checking:D

Advertisement