Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭lucalux

It's this one, Irish collab between Soulé, Elaine Mai and Sorcha Richardson

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grogu1983

Axwell wrote: »
    Its called ‘I Found You’ by my namesake Axwell.

https://youtu.be/NaUO9JoevdQ

Yes thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mad Peggy

this is it it!
    thank you love!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭whodafunk

90's dance track. Heard today on the radio (no luck with Shazam while it was on) and I know I had a note of it years ago but since lost it. Google search keeps throwing up Fatboy Slim but it is definitely not Fatboy Slim. Lyrics go something along the lines of the below and keep repeating with some good dance music in background. This is definitely 90's dance song - something you would have heard on ClubFM or the likes.

right here right now - say it again. Give it up yeah movin on.

Cheers for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

whodafunk wrote: »
    90's dance track. Heard today on the radio (no luck with Shazam while it was on) and I know I had a note of it years ago but since lost it. Google search keeps throwing up Fatboy Slim but it is definitely not Fatboy Slim. Lyrics go something along the lines of the below and keep repeating with some good dance music in background. This is definitely 90's dance song - something you would have heard on ClubFM or the likes.

right here right now - say it again. Give it up yeah movin on.

Cheers for any help.
    It doesn't ring a bell, but I'm wrecked so brain slow today.

If you're on Twitter, @DecPierce would definitely help you, he's one of the best and friendliest DJs out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭whodafunk

It doesn't ring a bell, but I'm wrecked so brain slow today.

If you're on Twitter, @DecPierce would definitely help you, he's one of the best and friendliest DJs out there.

Cheers for the reply. I actually found it after a bit more searching

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JLNwCT6viWI

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MudBath

I'm trying to find the band for vivid song which I cannot place, An Irish band. The chorus line is "They will pull you down", and "don't miss out on your..". Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

MudBath wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the band for vivid song which I cannot place, An Irish band. The chorus line is "They will pull you down", and "don't miss out on your..". Any ideas?

Any clue what kinda genre we are talking? And is it new or old to the best of your knowledge?

Thanks @reap-a-rat. It's 1990's I am pretty sure. There is a Youtube video I had before but can't find. Genre - I'd put it with Fat-Lady-Sings/Arclight as a level - just a nice sound-scape. The video had the construct of kids standing-up against the odds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

MudBath wrote: »
    Thanks @reap-a-rat. It's 1990's I am pretty sure. There is a Youtube video I had before but can't find. Genre - I'd put it with Fat-Lady-Sings/Arclight as a level - just a nice sound-scape. The video had the construct of kids standing-up against the odds etc.

I'll keep thinking but just on the off-chance that its right - it's not Manic Street Preachers If You Tolerate This by any chance? It doesn't really fit to your description but was the first thing that popped into my head.

• Advertisement

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I'll keep thinking but just on the off-chance that its right - it's not Manic Street Preachers If You Tolerate This by any chance? It doesn't really fit to your description but was the first thing that popped into my head.

Found it - The Brilliant Trees - "Talent"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

A song that came out the summer of 1996. Female artist. Think the lyrics sounded something with the lines "precious love".

Never found the song years of trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Amprodude wrote: »
    A song that came out the summer of 1996. Female artist. Think the lyrics sounded something with the lines "precious love".

Never found the song years of trying.

This one from High School High?

Badu cut her own version later on

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mad Peggy

This is it!

You're a star, pet!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Anyone know what this is, I'm sure it's well known but I just can't place it. Tried Shazam but no joy. It was just background music on a TV show. Thanks.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ywQPndqX-q8?feature=share[url][/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone know what this is, I'm sure it's well known but I just can't place it. Tried Shazam but no joy. It was just background music on a TV show. Thanks.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ywQPndqX-q8?feature=share

Vid is set to private?

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Vid is set to private?

Thanks, I've hopefully fixed it so it's public

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Still private, you can set it to unlisted too and as long as you provide the link it'll be ok.

cormie wrote: »
    Still private, you can set it to unlisted too and as long as you provide the link it'll be ok.

Thanks, think it's right now. I'd forgotten to click save

https://youtube.com/shorts/ywQPndqX-q8?feature=share

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Thanks, think it's right now. I'd forgotten to click save

https://youtube.com/shorts/ywQPndqX-q8?feature=share[url][/url]

Not much to go on! Kinda reminds me of that Goo Goo Dolls one.

Edit: Iris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

No luck on Shazam or Soundhound, they can usually pick up songs from just a few seconds so it may just be some sample music chords :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What tv show was it on, sometimes you can look up tracks used on an episode if its a US tv show.

Axwell wrote: »
    What tv show was it on, sometimes you can look up tracks used on an episode if its a US tv show.

It's Four Weddings UK. Tried googling for episode info but no joy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Gonna chance it, no hope in finding it with little info I have on it but gonna at least try

Song was a duet, had a male and female singing it, in it the male would stop singing and the female would start with something like "and I neeeed you, your all so true"

Heared it on radio many years ago, think maybe early 2000's

Sorry have nothing else to go by, can't find it and lost cause me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Just heard a song on the radio. It was kind of electro-pop with a woman singing, almost like a Lady Gaga song. The lyrics kept repeating “eye of the storm”. Anyone have a clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

babynice wrote: »
    Just heard a song on the radio. It was kind of electro-pop with a woman singing, almost like a Lady Gaga song. The lyrics kept repeating “eye of the storm”. Anyone have a clue?

Lady Gaga John Wayne?

Although she doesn't keep repeating "eye of the storm". 1:54 on video.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Waternotsoda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

There’s a song that was on a friends CD that was played at every session back around 2000-04 ish. No one can find the CD and no one can find the song :pac:

We were convinced it was Fat Boy Slim, but now are convinced it wasn’t. We only knew the song as ‘the elevator tune’.

It practically was elevator music, but then introduced saw blades through wood, filing noises, machinery and if memory serves me right was an absolute banger.

Would love to hear it again. It was probably hot garbage but ay

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭maniac2003

I heard a trance song on spektrum or trax and it had a lyric of "insomnia" "feeling sleepy" i think. I know Its not faithless but it was a great track anyone got any idea as to artist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Danonino. wrote: »
    There’s a song that was on a friends CD that was played at every session back around 2000-04 ish. No one can find the CD and no one can find the song :pac:

We were convinced it was Fat Boy Slim, but now are convinced it wasn’t. We only knew the song as ‘the elevator tune’.

It practically was elevator music, but then introduced saw blades through wood, filing noises, machinery and if memory serves me right was an absolute banger.

Would love to hear it again. It was probably hot garbage but ay

Was it on a compilation CD and if so, can you remember any other track that was on it?

Advertisement