Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Transplant Experiences

• 12-10-2018 6:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭david_1888

Hi folks,

I know this topic has been covered before but it's been a while and I'm looking for some more recent info.

I'm aware that you can't provide medical advice but I'm just looking for anyone who may have had a FUE transplant with either Dr. Koray Erdogan or Dr. Hakan Doganay, to share their experience, or even drop me a message.

Strongly thinking of going with either of the above but looking for some more comfort before I decide!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Collins Happy Head

I went to Dr Acar in Cosmedica on the 1st November. I got 4900 graphs. They were a pleasure to deal with. Any other questions let me know buddyðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Evenro

Hi Trek Man
    I am looking at going to Turkey to get a hair transplant. I am looking at getting a FUE procedure. Can i ask did you have to get your head fully shaved for your hair transplant ? and if so how long afterwards did it take to recover in terms of being able to return to work etc without any signs of redness etc. I want to get a hair transplant without getting my head fully shaven so any advance about this would be great in terms of recovery etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Wayne Ronney went bald as a coot again after his hair transplant. Wonder are these procedures worthb the money but ironically his football was also suffering at the same time.

Hey Evenro, there are 2 types of surgery you can go for for a hair transplant. There is FUE and FUT. FUT can be done without shaving the whole head, just an incision at the back of head which will leave a scar, FUE can also be done without shaving the whole head but surgeons recommend shaving the whole head as there is a better success rate. Where I got my Transplant they shave the whole head. I usually have a tight enough hair cut. I took 3 weeks off work and nothing was said to me. Looked like I just shaved my head. Regarding the redness it can stay around for quite some time but will mainly begone after 6 weeks.after 3 weeks or so all the transplanted hairs falls out but starts to grow back in the 3 month mark, and full results take up to 18 months. I am 10 weeks post op on Friday and see a few bits of stubble coming through. Trust me when I say I would defo go for the shaved head FUE, best results I think. All the surgeons recommend it. I dealt with Mike Smith in getmorehair.UK. the consultant for cosmedica and a very sound fella. Any other questions let me knowðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

david_1888 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I know this topic has been covered before but it's been a while and I'm looking for some more recent info.

I'm aware that you can't provide medical advice but I'm just looking for anyone who may have had a FUE transplant with either Dr. Koray Erdogan or Dr. Hakan Doganay, to share their experience, or even drop me a message.

Strongly thinking of going with either of the above but looking for some more comfort before I decide!

Hi David. I had an operation with Dr Doganay in 2015, so feel free to PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Evenro wrote: »
    Hi Trek Man
    I am looking at going to Turkey to get a hair transplant. I am looking at getting a FUE procedure. Can i ask did you have to get your head fully shaved for your hair transplant ? and if so how long afterwards did it take to recover in terms of being able to return to work etc without any signs of redness etc. I want to get a hair transplant without getting my head fully shaven so any advance about this would be great in terms of recovery etc

They only need to shave wherever the grafts will be implanted. So in my case, my temples were shaved but not the whole head. I could be misremembering (as this is different to the previous poster) but I think most of the redness was gone for me after two weeks. Then hair still really growing back after 6 months and looked great after 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭david_1888

Thanks all for the messages.

I've actually decided to book in with a Dublin clinic and I'll be getting the procedure done next week.

Unfortunately my donor site isn't strong enough to get all of what I want done so will be getting the front temple areas done.

The reasons why I didn't end up going with Turkey is because (after sending all the relevant photos of the hair) one clinic said that I didn't have enough on the donor site to have the full procedure done and the other said I did, so was slightly concerned with conflicting info. Between that and the price being a lot cheaper than expected to get it done here.

Will share the experience after next week's procedure if anyone is looking for more information on it.

Thanks again!

Good man David. I hope it works out well for you. I hope you are going to a reputable company that transplants by the follicle and not by the hair? There are companies out there that transplant by the hair and results are not good. I looked into this. Companies in Ireland that give cheap transplants transplant by the hair. Don't get me wrong they can be good in the end but could cost a fortune in the end. Anyways best of look David and I hope it works out well for you.ðŸ‘

Hope David.
    Many people that travel over to Turkey get hair transplanted from their beard onto their head. That's if they have a average donar area. They did that to me on the Crown area.Anyways just thought I would let us know. I hope Dublin works out for you but you should really ask them do they transplant by the graft or hair. Very very Important.

Hi David.
    Did u go for your procedure? I hope it went well for youðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Thanks Trek Man,

I had the procedure done today, got in at 7.30am and was finished by about half 12 or so between the paperwork, break and procedure.

All looks to have went very well. Procedure itself went fine. Only sore part is the initial couple of anaesthetic injections going into the donor site and the transplant site. Other than that there was no too much discomfort.

When I went to get off the bed at the end I felt very dizzy and faint but sat back down for a couple of minutes and felt back to normal after that.

I'll throw a photo up now of the post procedure.

I wasn't aware that some places do the procedure by hair and not graft. I got 2500 hairs placed anyway.

Having trouble trying to get the file down below the size limit for this forum.

Will try get some up later or in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Thanks Trek Man,

I had the procedure done today, got in at 7.30am and was finished by about half 12 or so between the paperwork, break and procedure.

All looks to have went very well. Procedure itself went fine. Only sore part is the initial couple of anaesthetic injections going into the donor site and the transplant site. Other than that there was no too much comfort.

When I went to get off the bed at the end I felt very dizzy and faint but sat back down for a couple of minutes and felt back to normal after that.

I'll throw a photo up now of the post procedure.

I wasn't aware that some places do the procedure by hair and not graft. I got 2500 hairs placed anyway.

How much did you pay?

FUE or FUT?

What Norwood are you?

Mike9832 wrote: »
    How much did you pay?

FUE or FUT?

What Norwood are you?

4k for the fue type procedure.

Think a 3 vertex or 4!

Think a 3 vertex or 4!

I need crown area done also but donor site not strong enough at present.

Will revisit in about 12 months or so to see if I can get a light cover on the area.

Think a 3 vertex or 4!

That's pretty good for here

What clinic/doctor did you get?

Are you on Finastride/ hair medication?

Congrats David. I hope you have great results. Post some pics when u have a chance.more and more people getting transplants these daysðŸ‘

Congrats David. I hope you have great results. Post some pics when u have a chance.more and more people getting transplants these daysðŸ‘

True

Worlds strongest man Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson got one recently, all 6'9 and 200kg of him

This is a photo from last night.

Will try get some clearer ones today and put them up when the 5 month old gives me a chance!

I got about an inch each side of the temple.

Mike9832 wrote: »
    That's pretty good for here

What clinic/doctor did you get?

Are you on Finastride/ hair medication?

I went to Ailesbury hair loss clinic. I assume I'm ok to post name of place, if not, mods feel free to remove.

Regarding medication, Ailesbury doesn't recommend Finastride or Minoxidil due to the side effects. They recommended me DHT blockers to take.

I'm also starting to use Regaine foam with 5% minoxidil and Viviscal hair growth tablets so will see in a few months if they are helping if at all.

I will probably be having one more child in the near future so just slightly hesitant in taking finestride or minoxidil for the moment.

Although I was talking to a guy who is taking minoxidil but breaking a tablet into quarters and taking a quarter tablet every second day to reduce the potential side effects so I might look into that.

Has anyone else taken either of the above and has experienced any of the side effects from them?

• Advertisement

Donor site just washed and looks to be neat and healing well

• Registered Users Posts: 3 M1JD

Hi David,

I’m looking to get hair Transplant as soon as possible . I’ve got a few quotes etc from clinics in turkey but is difficult to know who is genuine and who to trust because a few have come back with conflicting details. If there was a genuine clinic that came recommended by genuine patients who had a good experience It would make the decision a lot easier! I’m based in Kilkenny , are you able to let me know who you went with in Dublin? . Maybe send me a PM ? Thanks

Hey, I got my Transplant done in Turkey and not Dublin. Almost 4 months on and very pleased the way things are going.any questions let me knowðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 35,346 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I went to Ailesbury hair loss clinic. I assume I'm ok to post name of place, if not, mods feel free to remove.

Regarding medication, Ailesbury doesn't recommend Finastride or Minoxidil due to the side effects. They recommended me DHT blockers to take.

I'm also starting to use Regaine foam with 5% minoxidil and Viviscal hair growth tablets so will see in a few months if they are helping if at all.

I will probably be having one more child in the near future so just slightly hesitant in taking finestride or minoxidil for the moment.

Although I was talking to a guy who is taking minoxidil but breaking a tablet into quarters and taking a quarter tablet every second day to reduce the potential side effects so I might look into that.

Has anyone else taken either of the above and has experienced any of the side effects from them?

Ailesbury love the half circle hairline look, I personally could not get that look. Why did you not get whole temples restored?
    I prefer this type of hareline
    Capture5432.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭20/20

david_1888 Hi and hope all goes well for you.
    I am also going to the same clinic next week where you had your treatment.

Is there any chance you could post two new photos of front and back please.?
    Is that your normal hair length or what size blade is your hair cut at ?
    Did they suggest a time frame before you go back to work.?

I am getting 4000 grafts as this is the most they will do in a session and it will be mostly on the front and one side of my head.
    The reason for the one side is because I was badly scalded over 45 years ago and just thought I may as well give this treatment a try before I get to old.
    I know I didn't do much research into this at the time, and its to late to back out before next week but Iam beginning to think the 4000 grafts will be nowhere near enough compared to your 2500. So if you didn't mind please another pic. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi guys I'm looking to get a some work done but I'm quite unsure where to start , can anyone tell me the best places in Dublin from experiences?

M1JD wrote: »
    Hi David,

I’m looking to get hair Transplant as soon as possible . I’ve got a few quotes etc from clinics in turkey but is difficult to know who is genuine and who to trust because a few have come back with conflicting details. If there was a genuine clinic that came recommended by genuine patients who had a good experience It would make the decision a lot easier! I’m based in Kilkenny , are you able to let me know who you went with in Dublin? . Maybe send me a PM ? Thanks

Hi there,

Sorry for delay in getting back - haven't been on here too much recently.

I went with Ailesbury - see post above.

Ailesbury love the half circle hairline look, I personally could not get that look. Why did you not get whole temples restored?
    I prefer this type of hareline
    Capture5432.jpg

I got what I could in terms of the donor site. My donor site was good, but not great so that's why I couldn't get too much more on both sides. I got 2500 hairs implanted. The photo above is about 3 or 4 times what I got.

I'm due to go back in October so I'll see then how the donor site has healed and if there is some scope to get the top at the back done.

20/20 wrote: »
    david_1888 Hi and hope all goes well for you.
    I am also going to the same clinic next week where you had your treatment.

Is there any chance you could post two new photos of front and back please.?
    Is that your normal hair length or what size blade is your hair cut at ?
    Did they suggest a time frame before you go back to work.?

I am getting 4000 grafts as this is the most they will do in a session and it will be mostly on the front and one side of my head.
    The reason for the one side is because I was badly scalded over 45 years ago and just thought I may as well give this treatment a try before I get to old.
    I know I didn't do much research into this at the time, and its to late to back out before next week but Iam beginning to think the 4000 grafts will be nowhere near enough compared to your 2500. So if you didn't mind please another pic. Thanks.

Hi there,

Sorry again for delay in getting back.

I'm sure you're already on the road to recovery.

They said a couple of days to me but I took two weeks off, but to be honest I was more than well enough to go back after 4 or 5 days.

I'll get a photo up later on when I get home.

Quite happy with progress to date. New hair is starting to come through over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully that'll continue over the next 2-3 months!

How did you get on?

• Advertisement

Hi David.
    I got my hair transplant in Turkey with Cosmedica and things are looking great so far. 7 months in next week and a serious amount of growth. Loads more to come. 12 months for the front to fully grow and 18 months for the Crown. Aylesbury and cosmedica are completely different clinics with completely different results. Believe me you will not be dissapointed with cosmedica. If u want to e email me ur number I can ring for a chat or whattsup u some before and after pics.

Advertisement