Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What illegal drugs have you taken/smoked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Crack
    LSD
    Speed
    Meth
    Mephedrone
    Marijuana
    Cocaine
    Ecstasy
    Mushrooms
    Ketamine

I'm sure there is others...

You forgot berocca .

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ASoberThought

Cocaine
    Speed/amphetamine (various types)
    Crack
    Heroin
    Oxycontin
    Crystal meth
    Benzodiazepines (many different types)
    Weed (various strains)
    2-cb
    Mushrooms and truffles
    Ketamine
    DMT
    Mephedrone
    Metylone
    Butylone
    LSD
    Alcohol
    Codeine
    MDMA
    MDA
    Tramadol
    morphine

and there is definitely more that don't come to my head at 5:18am.
    '
    Being a psychonaut can be fun but the drugs really don't add much value with regards to state of minds achieved or New perspectives gained.

I try hard to avoid any and all of the above these days. Be careful out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

I try hard to avoid any and all of the above these days. Be careful out there.

if you want mind me asking , why?
    and what do you mean "be careful out there" it seems such generic advice it could apply to anything...care to elaborate?

myself

cocaine
    E
    MDMA

occasionally E/MDMA but cocaine was a drug of choice.

never made me an assh*le as suggested earlier , more like the sugar for adult comment.

*Edit
    I remember I took mushrooms once in Amsterdam. great day

• Registered Users Posts: 28,779 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

No illegals, dont even drink anymore. Fresh air is my preferred drug

arayess wrote: »
    if you want mind me asking , why?
    and what do you mean "be careful out there" it seems such generic advice it could apply to anything...care to elaborate?

myself

cocaine
    E
    MDMA

occasionally E/MDMA but cocaine was a drug of choice.

never made me an assh*le as suggested earlier , more like the sugar for adult comment.

It became an issue for me and I fail to see the value drugs add to any situation after stepping back.

It is quite generic advice but at the same time it would be hard to cover all angles.

Shooting from the hip with some examples..

-Doing Pills / MDMA ? Check pillreports.net and/or buy an E-ZTest kit
    -Develop an understanding of how each chemical hacks your body
    -Develop an understanding of common mixing agents
    -Develop an understanding about active ranges of each compound and generally understand dosages

• Advertisement

It became an issue for me.

It is quite generic advice but at the same time it would be hard to cover all angles.

Shooting from the hip with some examples..

-Doing Pills / MDMA ? Check pillreports.net and/or buy an E-ZTest kit
    -Develop an understanding of how each chemical hacks your body
    -Develop an understanding of common mixing agents
    -Develop an understanding about active ranges of each compound and generally understand dosages

Thanks !

excellent stuff...that is good advice.
    tbh the "stay safe" advise doesn't help anybody.

btw pill report is a great website - so good in fact the HSE should run a similar one for everybody.

but pilllreport has no reports on MDMA - crystal version , seems to be all pills.
    any other source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Took more than recommended amounts of strepsils once followed by several squirts of vicks sinex. Never share your sinex people.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What's 2-CB? Also I thought mdma and e where the same. I'm really not down with the kids

Thanks !

excellent stuff...that is good advice.
    tbh the "stay safe" advise doesn't help anybody.

btw pill report is a great website - so good in fact the HSE should run a similar one for everybody.

but pilllreport has no reports on MDMA - crystal version , seems to be all pills.
    any other source

True. Stay safe is a bit of a non sense comment to make.

PillReports is a fantastic point of reference.

You will see MDMA crystal on PillReports from time to time but pictures of the crystal are of no value really. I've personally seen good quality MDMA in various colours but one trait that was common among all good stuff was large shards and a strong aniseed smell.
    An EZTest is the best value in this situation and good quality MDMA will turn the liquid black immediately with a smoke effect.

I could say more regarding methods for ensuring good MDMA but due to the extremely strict moderation policies on boards, it would most certainly be deleted.

pc7 wrote: »
    What's 2-CB? Also I thought mdma and e where the same. I'm really not down with the kids

It's a psychedelic drug that was synthesised by the genius that was Alexander Shulgin.
    Alexander Shulgin was also known for popularising MDMA in psycho therapy and then it was adapted by the recreational users soon afterwards.

E was the street name for the compound MDMA. They should really be the same but nowadays an E is usually referred to MDMA in pill form but most often mixed with other drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Love is the only drug I need man

they kinda are.
    but some pills will have something else not mdma in them
    but all dressed up as "pills"
    that's why pillreport and other websites are good to read.

mostly when people say "mdma" they mean the crystal form rather than pills - at least that's my experience.
    i've seen MDMA in a hard glass block to something like brown sugar to a fine powder.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is crystal meth in Ireland? Or more a US drug as easier to make over there

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Its here but not hugely popular yet

Is crystal meth in Ireland? Or more a US drug as easier to make over there

never seen it or heard of anybody taking it but doesn't mean it's not there.

only place I've heard of it was some small busts
    and this lad

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/nurse-guilty-of-professional-misconduct-over-crystal-meth-allegations-1.2541493

or defence pleading with a judge but they'll say any old bull**** to a judge to get off

Glad it's not big here, watched a Louis Theroux on it and it was horrific, seems a particularly nasty drug.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they kinda are.
    but some pills will have something else not mdma in them
    but all dressed up as "pills"
    that's why pillreport and other websites are good to read.

mostly when people say "mdma" they mean the crystal form rather than pills - at least that's my experience.
    i've seen MDMA in a hard glass block to something like brown sugar to a fine powder.

Isn't the brown sugar stuff just the glass block broken up?

I've only ever seen it as bags that look like brown sugar.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Isn't the brown sugar stuff just the glass block broken up?

I've only ever seen it as bags that look like brown sugar.

yeah , i'm sure it is.
    but I guess I've seen big deals and small deals in blocks as well as big/small deals in sugar/powder form too.

i'm guessing your block isn't cut with anything more than what the cook put into it while the powder could have other stuff added at a "street level"
    I've only taken it a few times so i'm not an expert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Smoked weed with my brother a few years ago. He rolled the joint and told me what to do. I don't smoke so a bit naieve. "Swallow the smoke" he says. So I did. And I was awful sick. Coughed and coughed and coughed and coughed, and puked everywhere. "You won't smoke that again!" he said, and he was right. That's one way of putting someone off drugs!

Coke, my favourite without a doubt. Haven't touched properly in ages though. Did a few lines a few months ago but wouldn't buy it for myself anymore or would never do it on a regular basis again.

Did speed just once - the night I turned 26. Never again. My jaw was swinging like something out of footloose, I was like a bowl of jelly for about two days. It was horrific. I lost my boyfriend, I lost my shoes, and my brother had to practically tie me to the chair because I was in no fit state to look after myself. That was awkward.

Used to buy lots of Valium off my housemate too. Does that count? Technically Valium isn't illegal. I liked Valium. That beautiful feeling of laying thine eyes on my field of fücks and seeing it was barren just before nodding off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

4.30 cant sleep cos of coke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Weed, MDMA, mushrooms.

MDMA was the funniest one for me, I started falling in love with every woman I encountered until the effects wore off. It was like being in a world in which everyone is suddenly unbearably sexy for a little while :D

I've also taken a prohormone called Formestane, which is technically legal through the loophole that it's not an ingestible form but a topical preparation. To be fair, many drugs / supplements which are illegal in Ireland are legal in the UK and elsewhere in the EU, so I don't think they really count as illegal drugs - they just count as bypassing our absolutely ridiculous nanny state, surely. Same with head shop stuff. Technically St John's Wort is an illegal drug in Ireland which is just f*cking outrageous, but I wouldn't count most of the stuff in this category for a thread like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Technically St John's Wort is an illegal drug in Ireland which is just f*cking outrageous, but I wouldn't count most of the stuff in this category for a thread like this.

Not illegal, it isn't available OTC but is available on prescription afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Phoebas wrote: »
    Not illegal, it isn't available OTC but is available on prescription afaik.
    That's for depression isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The danger in St. John's Wort is moreso that it interacts with common medications, one of them being the contraceptive pill. Better that it's regulated.

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    That's for depression isn't it?

That's right. It used to be available in health food places, but the Irish Medicines Board were concerned that it wasn't regulated at all, there was no control over the potency and its interactions with other drugs.
    Its probably wasn't a good idea for people to be self medicating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The danger in St. John's Wort is moreso that it interacts with common medications, one of them being the contraceptive pill. Better that it's regulated.

Not at all in my view, in other countries they trust their citizens to read the feckin' label and make their own choices, of course in Ireland we always have to have someone holding our hands (and charging us exorbitant amounts of money to do so).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

In the past I tried Mexican Peyote, Irish magic mushrooms, Pharma LSD, Cocaine, speed, cannabis, MDMA, I think that's it.

I don't take any of the other ones now, well maybe once or twice a year in september I'll take some Irish magic mushrooms. I just smoke the odd joint of cannabis bud and a few nice beers now.

I found cocaine nice for a while but I had to stop it as it was giving me a complete false sense of reality, same with speed, damn back-pain after it.

Mexican peyote buttons was the best back then tripping all over cork city and then the donegal mountains, weird one that was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

None, caffeine is enough for me.

Not at all in my view, in other countries they trust their citizens to read the feckin' label and make their own choices, of course in Ireland we always have to have someone holding our hands (and charging us exorbitant amounts of money to do so).

There isn't a country in the world that doesn't regulate medicines.

Is your view that SJW should be unregulated based on scientific evidence or just on the fact that it was once unregulated?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Ah ......... memories!

Advertisement