Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-03-2020, 21:50   #16
Deebles McBeebles

Can't wait for Dancing with the SARS.
(112) thanks from:
2smiggy, Alan30, Atlantic Dawn, AuldDaysul, BattleCorp, Berties_Horse, blackvalley, BnB, Bobtheman, bolgbui41, BuboBubo, cal naughton, Cessna_Pilot, CFlat, Chavways, Ciderswigger, cisk, citysights, colm_mcm, corcaigh07, CQD, Dammo, dastardly00, DavidLyons_, deadlineday, DelaneyIn, denbatt, Don't Chute!, drive3331, Dub Ste, Eoin, everlast75, Fieldog, Flex, Flippyfloppy, fluke, franglan, freshpopcorn, gavindublin, Gen.Zhukov, Gooey Looey, gouche, greenspurs, Gunmonkey, Harry Palmr, HBC08, HildaOgdenx, Insect Overlord, irishguitarlad, j.l, JCX BXC, Juanito13, Keplar240B, Killarneygirl2, Knex., krissovo, Leg End Reject, Lisha, Longboard, M5, Manach, Mena Mitty, Michellenman, mikemac2, MOH, Muahahaha, Multipass, normanoffside, Omackeral, One eyed Jack, PARlance, patmac, Pedro32561, Pencil Neck, Pighead, Quantum Erasure, QuiteInterestin, Raconteuse, razorblunt, Reckless Abandonment, robert6920, RobertKK, Rubberchikken, Ryder, Scott Tenorman, Seamai, selectamatic, Sharknose, Shelflife, shmoke, Skid X, Skylinehead, smurgen, SnrInfant, Sofiztikated, Stark, StupidLikeAFox, SwissToni, Testament1, the beer revolu, TheDavester, Tiercel Dave, TinCanMan, tombliboo83, tonycascarino, trashcan, valoren, VG31, Vowel Movement, Yermander, YFlyer, _Whimsical_
Advertisement
25-03-2020, 21:51   #17
Bobtheman

Thomas has to keep her name our there . So she can get lucrative shop openings etc despite earning huge money. Same for Claire Byrne.
I know there are no shop openings now but one looks to the Future.
Im all for keeping fit but don't need these people telling me the bleeding obvious. But lots of wannabe stars out there willing to make fools of themselves
25-03-2020, 21:53   #18
Montage of Feck

Sounds like a sketch from brass eye.
25-03-2020, 21:53   #19
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobtheman View Post
And her sidekick? The guy who looks like count Dracula from seasame street?
Laughed out loud at this, is that the fitness guy? Karl?
(2) thanks from:
25-03-2020, 21:56   #20
citysights

I thought the title was a wind up. I am disgusted - it makes it sound like we are all infected, that’s it’s a foregone conclusion. Cop on rte
Advertisement
25-03-2020, 21:58   #21
chrissb8

Absolute f*****g nonsense. How RTE keep coming up with such bad ideas is remarkable. Obviously the presenters are the point of focus to direct most of the annoyance towards.

Just because you plaster a smile on your face, overdo it with laughter at literally any opportunity that may arise to have a BIT OF BANTER with the contestant/participant in the show does not make you charismatic. It makes you fake and insincere and many can spot it a mile off.

To top it all off it would be fine if some of these shows had a point to touch upon. But they don't, and when RTE chucks out a show with a point or an objective to enlighten viewers through "investigative" or "exploratory" pieces, the presenters are so out of their depth and so lacking in preparation they're just passengers on their own shows. Asking inane obvious questions and nodding their heads with searching eyes, which is when you think as a viewer "what the hell are you doing"

People always think I bang on too much about the state of RTE but it's our national broadcaster and just....what the hell. Honestly. You have Love/Hate and you think Finally! they've copped it a bit annnnnd then Ireland's fittest family pops up.
25-03-2020, 22:03   #22
CtevenSrowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berties_Horse View Post
RTÉ suddenly have a surplus budget they're incinerating to justify licence fee hike. Hence rushed filler like 'Covid Nation'. Next we'll have Amy Huberman with her doctorate in zumba promoting a line of quirky leggings.
Quirky leggings brilliant!
Thanks from:
25-03-2020, 22:04   #23
colm_mcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by One eyed Jack View Post
Name of the show is in poor taste really.

I know it’s a play on words of the original programme, but it’s not as though they couldn’t have come up with an infinite number of alternative programme titles.

As for the programme itself, not my cup of tea anyway, but undoubtedly it’s a popular programme and I can imagine it’ll be a ratings topper, if only to point and laugh at the participants so the audience feels better about themselves.
What was the original programme? I don’t get the reference or the play on words.
25-03-2020, 22:05   #24
BanditLuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio Mech View Post
You know. Catherin Tomas
I do now because of this thread.
Advertisement
25-03-2020, 22:07   #25
punisher5112

Use to think she was good looking but then I came to me senses......
(2) thanks from:
25-03-2020, 22:08   #26
Deebles McBeebles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berties_Horse View Post
RTÉ suddenly have a surplus budget they're incinerating to justify licence fee hike. Hence rushed filler like 'Covid Nation'. Next we'll have Amy Huberman with her doctorate in zumba promoting a line of quirky leggings.
She'll be too busy filming Can't Covid, Won't Covid.
25-03-2020, 22:14   #27
RobertKK

I too thought this was a joke.

It is like lawyers who work as ambulance chasers.
25-03-2020, 22:24   #28
Leg End Reject

I'm waiting for Claire Byrne's Fairly shıtty - My Coronaed Experience.
Thanks from:
25-03-2020, 22:55   #29
One eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by colm_mcm View Post
What was the original programme? I don’t get the reference or the play on words.

Operation Transformation - Covid Nation
25-03-2020, 22:59   #30
Harry Palmr

If I only work myself up enough to give a wank damn about Katherine Thomas

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size