Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-03-2020, 16:54   #541
DisneyLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayNanigan View Post
Haha, DisneyLover, I'm exactly the same height as you and often wonder what a lonely girl I'd be if I wasn't married judging by the horrified looks I get from guys here because of my height. Ok, so maybe you're not all horrified but the general impression I get is that I'm "too tall". I'm from a Nordic country so when I go back home, I'm usually not even that tall there. My husband is 6'3".

I know it sounds silly but I've sometimes wished I had tall friends. I know height doesn't matter but sometimes it would be nice to talk about things that you encounter as a tall woman. And get tips on where to find clothes hahah!

Love to see there are people here who like metal and rock! For the longest time I thought there were basically none here in Ireland but I am glad I was wrong. Good luck with the manhunt, DisneyLover!
Girl join the GirlCrew app or give me a shout and we can go for a pint when all the COVID19 madness dies down !

Clothes for our height - try extra tall range from Next.ie plus theyve a sale at the moment!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-03-2020, 16:56   #542
Ultrflat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDenialTwist View Post
Well if you read the thread you'd know my melon cup size... I stated it

Who insinuated you were crude? I didn't

OOOO alll right...

I thought I offended you but maybe it was calling you innocent..
25-03-2020, 19:45   #543
Lolle06

I don‘t think the Irish men are particularly shorter than the EU average and I see men above 6ft all the time. Although some of them could also be N/E European origin...

I don’t doubt that taller guys are quite popular with women in general and therefore often taken.

I also have observed that a few men would be a bit intimidated by tall women and opt for shorter girls.
However, the tall girls I know didn’t have a problem with finding the right guy in the end!

And your are only 27 - you still have plenty of time to find your extra- tall Mr. Right!

Imo threads on Boards (esp in AH) often result in frank, sarcastic and controversial replies.
It really can be a minefield sometimes.
However, threats of any kind should result in an immediate ban! That’s unacceptable!
Mentioning some „physical attributes“ in posts also brings out the creeps unfortunately.

I‘d recommend to take a lot of the replies on here with a grain of salt ... don‘t take it too personal!

Some of the replies are actually quite witty and made me laugh. So, kudos to some of the posters!
Thanks from:
25-03-2020, 20:12   #544
the purple tin

You need to go on holiday to the midlands when it is safe again OP. They breed them big over there.
25-03-2020, 21:07   #545
Pac1Man

What I find wonderful about tall girls is due to their longer legs, they usually stumble when attempting to run away.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-03-2020, 21:21   #546
alexv

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoChervil View Post
So going for a short one would be a Mummy syndrome then...
Probably, but it would have to be very short - one of the little puddings on the prowl in this thread is 5 foot 2.

Midget check!
25-03-2020, 22:22   #547
DisneyLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by the purple tin View Post
You need to go on holiday to the midlands when it is safe again OP. They breed them big over there.
Do you mean in scotland cause I know that. I have 5 friends who are Scottish and one of them goes I found ya a man for when youre here in summer and Im like yay and she goes hes from Belfast
25-03-2020, 22:24   #548
DisneyLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmetSpiceland View Post
Surely he can’t mean The Darkness, Airbourne, or Steel Panther?
Do you like the darkness? SP are great
Thanks from:
25-03-2020, 23:57   #549
Beasty
Put that light out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover View Post
Do you like the darkness?
Can't go wrong with Justin

Alas I stopped growing when I was 12.....

Never quite got to 6' 2"
Advertisement
26-03-2020, 07:47   #550
the purple tin

Quote:
Do you mean in scotland cause I know that. I have 5 friends who are Scottish and one of them goes I found ya a man for when youre here in summer and Im like yay and she goes hes from Belfast
The Irish midlands, do a cycling tour or something.
That's where the biggest boyos are.
26-03-2020, 11:08   #551
TheDenialTwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexv View Post
Probably, but it would have to be very short - one of the little puddings on the prowl in this thread is 5 foot 2.

Midget check!
That's would be me... 5'2" a bona-fide Smurfette... Aww, thanks for the compliment, I sure am a sweet little pudding
(2) thanks from:
26-03-2020, 11:14   #552
Sardonicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by the purple tin View Post
The Irish midlands, do a cycling tour or something.
That's where the biggest boyos are.
I wouldn't recommend a cycling tour. They'd be in no state to enjoy the charms of those Midlands bean stalks after those saddles.
26-03-2020, 11:15   #553
TheDenialTwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolle06 View Post
I don‘t think the Irish men are particularly shorter than the EU average and I see men above 6ft all the time. Although some of them could also be N/E European origin...

I don’t doubt that taller guys are quite popular with women in general and therefore often taken.

I also have observed that a few men would be a bit intimidated by tall women and opt for shorter girls.
However, the tall girls I know didn’t have a problem with finding the right guy in the end!

And your are only 27 - you still have plenty of time to find your extra- tall Mr. Right!

Imo threads on Boards (esp in AH) often result in frank, sarcastic and controversial replies.
It really can be a minefield sometimes.
However, threats of any kind should result in an immediate ban! That’s unacceptable!
Mentioning some „physical attributes“ in posts also brings out the creeps unfortunately.

I‘d recommend to take a lot of the replies on here with a grain of salt ... don‘t take it too personal!

Some of the replies are actually quite witty and made me laugh. So, kudos to some of the posters!
I concur, the threats were way out of line.

And yes, few witty retorts

I did take it personally initially, with the video post, vitriolic commentary and being wrongfully accused of discrimination and the OP being threatened.

However, now I realise the short guys just ended up in the wrong thread.

All is right in the World again!
26-03-2020, 11:27   #554
TheDenialTwist

Quote:
Girl join the GirlCrew app or give me a shout and we can go for a pint when all the COVID19 madness dies down !

Clothes for our height - try extra tall range from Next.ie plus theyve a sale at the moment!
@ShayNannigan nice to see you here on Disney's thread.
I adore rock and some metal...to quote Nietzsche "Without music, life would be a mistake... "

I'm in the Smurfette category myself regarding height and am attracted to tall guys and my most recent ex is just over 6'1"

All my female friends are tall, so I'm the odd one out in that sense but I'm cool with that...

Disney and yourself will be able to relate, so I'm glad you have someone to talk about clothes for your height and so forth.

I've no-one to talk bout short girl issues, even the sun visor in my car is useless to me!

Last edited by TheDenialTwist; 26-03-2020 at 11:32.
Thanks from:
26-03-2020, 11:34   #555
TheDenialTwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrflat View Post
OOOO alll right...

I thought I offended you but maybe it was calling you innocent..
No offence taken whatsoever
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion