Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

04-04-2019, 19:03   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar MIA View Post
Bitcoin? Turning smoke and mirrors into gold.

But, they're no way close to manufacturing gold from another element or creating the 'philosophers stone'.
Alchemy led to chemistry.

We can convert elements these days in nuclear reactions.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-04-2019, 20:03   #62
Kivaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper75 View Post

It would be like me and my mates writing about the life of JFK there circa 2006 with lots of copying and pasting going on between us.

"...and he did go unto the town of Dallas in the province of Texas and a great multitude did welcome him and shout praises unto him."

Did you mean to say shoot praises unto him?
04-04-2019, 20:14   #63
The Red Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Indeed, I just saw the other day a claim to the fact Moses was in fact the first person to download information from The Cloud onto a Tablet.
Also it is believed he was the first man to ride a motorbike, he came down from the mountain in Triumph
(3) thanks from:
04-04-2019, 20:17   #64
pawdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Ace View Post
Also it is believed he was the first man to ride a motorbike, he came down from the mountain in Triumph
Incorrect. He was wearing a bra.
04-04-2019, 20:17   #65

Atheists just aren’t as smart as they used to be.
Advertisement
04-04-2019, 20:26   #66
nozzferrahhtoo

Oh we are, but after years and years of asking intelligently for any evidence for the claims the theists espouse, "we" have decided to dumb it down a lot to see if we get any better results from them You know, in the atheist hive mind and all.

Alas no matter how much I dilute it down for them, or how wide a net I cast for the evidence..... I have yet to get a SHRED of argument, evidence, data or reasoning to support the claim that our existence is due to the machinations of an intelligent and intentional non-human agent.

A claim that you would think would be a pretty much first step low bar to open up theist discussion with. It being.... well.... pretty much the whole foundation of their thought process and world view.

But nah, nadda comes back. Dey gotz nuttin. They just need to get hip to that fact. "We" certainly have. They just need to catch up
(4) thanks from:
04-04-2019, 20:30   #67
Heat Transfer
Banned

*tips fedora
Thanks from:
04-04-2019, 20:43   #68
Hobosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar MIA View Post
But, they're no way close to manufacturing gold from another element or creating the 'philosophers stone'.
They're no way close to achieving something achieved in 1980? This sounds absolutely fascinating. Can you explain how this is possible in laymans terms?
04-04-2019, 21:07   #69

Quote:
Oh we are, but after years and years of asking intelligently for any evidence for the claims the theists espouse, "we" have decided to dumb it down a lot to see if we get any better results from them You know, in the atheist hive mind and all.

Alas no matter how much I dilute it down for them, or how wide a net I cast for the evidence..... I have yet to get a SHRED of argument, evidence, data or reasoning to support the claim that our existence is due to the machinations of an intelligent and intentional non-human agent.
I worked that out when I was eight.

Quote:
A claim that you would think would be a pretty much first step low bar to open up theist discussion with. It being.... well.... pretty much the whole foundation of their thought process and world view.

But nah, nadda comes back. Dey gotz nuttin. They just need to get hip to that fact. "We" certainly have. They just need to catch up
What’s embarrassing is how little this matters in 2019. Maybe Islam is a problem for the future but not now, the odd school in Birmingham aside. The mental energy for debunking logical fallacies and intellectual fads could be better used against some of the crazier ideas of right and left.

After all the op, who no doubt thinks he’s a genius, thinks that they were using stones to write on during the roman era. The modern atheist just ain’t all that. Better to leave a wide berth on the historicity of Jesus too, which is in part what this thread is about, if there’s any theme to it at all.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-04-2019, 21:50   #70
kowloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbs View Post
Not quite that simple. Among the literate it also found favour. Indeed some of the greatest minds humanity has ever brought forth followed it. Isaac Newton was also a theologian.
He got hit on the head one too many times.
04-04-2019, 21:59   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobosan View Post
They're no way close to achieving something achieved in 1980? This sounds absolutely fascinating. Can you explain how this is possible in laymans terms?
Alchemists didn't care about finding different forms of elements, they didn't care to be fathers of chemistry (which they were), they had very practical goals in mind.

If you told an alchemist that you could now create small quantities of short lived elements they'd have gone 'Meh. So, can we create gold?'
04-04-2019, 22:10   #72
Edgware

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatranska View Post
MAtthew, John and possibly mark ( for parts) were eyewitnesses.
Luke spoke to eyewitnesses.

James and jude(the brothers of Jesus wrote a letter each. Peter(an eyewitness) wrote 2 letters. Paul wrote most of the rest. Hebrews we was anonymous but accepted as part of the new testament.
The Old testament was written by an Egyptian prince(former slave). Shepherd's, royal advisors and a host of others.
Paul wrote to the Corinthians and the ignorant bastards never wrote back
04-04-2019, 22:20   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgware View Post
Paul wrote to the Corinthians and the ignorant bastards never wrote back
Holy Ghosted!
Thanks from:
04-04-2019, 22:32   #74
Capt'n Midnight
00:00

Quote:
Indeed, I just saw the other day a claim to the fact Moses was in fact the first person to download information from The Cloud onto a Tablet.
No he wasn't.

Long before then Adam and Eve had an apple.
04-04-2019, 22:42   #75
Roger_007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Midnight View Post
No he wasn't.

Long before then Adam and Eve had an apple.
Be that as it may, but the mention of TV was when God appeared to Moses in a Bush!
Thanks from:
Thread Closed