Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

getz wrote: »
    in many cases complaints were made at the time of the abuse,two more have come to light to-day,one was by a nurse ,who worked at the time in a hospital in leeds,she caught saville abusing a young disabled girl,he even had is own set of keys to give him access to a secure hospital for mentally disabled children in broadmoor

do you know what happened to those that complained at the time? were they just ignored?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

The Have I got News for you episode is now up on Youtube. The one that the transcription was allegedly from (though this has been declared a hoax by Paul Merton). Hoax or not there was obviously something behind it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

How a hideous creature like Saville ever became popular and respectable is baffling but he came from that breed of celebs who closed ranks and scoffed at rumors under the guise of '' press just digging up dirt '' again. That other DJ sex predator Johnathon King probably knows lots more and there's a sure to be more celebs who are worried by what's come out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

I heard on the radio the youngest accuser was 13.

Shure thats legal in a lot of countries. It's not like he was molesting babies like a proper peado.

It's on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

PC CDROM wrote: »

Shure thats legal in a lot of countries. It's not like he was molesting babies like a proper peado.

It's on.....

Are you f*cking serious with that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

gbee wrote: »
    Children. One would not have expected them to know the difference.

We're talking about what, 14 & 15 year old girls here, not 6 year olds. A large percentage of teenagers of that age are sexually active nowadays. Do they know the differennce between groping. kissing and sex?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

It's on.....

yeh fair enough but he was a knight. should be expectin better from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

We're talking about what, 14 & 15 year old girls here, not 6 year olds. A large percentage of teenagers of that age are sexually active nowadays. Do they know the differennce between groping. kissing and sex?

Of course there is a difference..... it's still illegal to have sex with 14/15 year old though, & he knew that - I'm sure it was part of the thrill.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,274 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's on.....

I don't think they allow sex with brain damaged kids though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

K-9 wrote: »
    I don't think they allow sex with brain damaged kids though.

So they are "Different" are they?

Don't they have right too? To be treated normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,274 ✭✭✭✭K-9

:D Good one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

You seem to be a strange person.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

troll

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Of course there is a difference..... it's still illegal to have sex with 14/15 year old though, & he knew that - I'm sure it was part of the thrill.

? I'm sure Savile knew the difference. Are we not talking about the girls POV though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

If anything comes out of this sorry state of affairs I hope it leads people to question why vulnerable people in the public health system are dependent on private charity.

Savile's fundraising efforts led to a clear conflict of interest where his ego was tolerated in the wards by doctors, nurses, and other health professionals at the expense of patient care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Do they know the differennce between groping. kissing and sex?

I personally would not know, but it has been demonstrated over the decades that such confusion has existed in children, but I take your point about the age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the biggest mystery about jimmy savile is....

for a guy who smoked cigars endlessly...how the hell did he manage to run so many marathons:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Probably the same way Rosanna Davison did.

Not sure if it was linked to before, but here's a pretty good piece from the Guardian a while back about Jonathon King, when he was arrested. It's quite disturbing how "normal" so many in the music industry thought it was.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2001/dec/01/weekend.jonronson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The Louis Theroux documentary on him is a must watch. Louis has a very good intuition when it comes to people and he states several times that him and Jimmy aren't getting along and that Jimmy is strange. At about the 45 minute mark he asks him about a statement he made when he said he hates children. This then leads them onto the paedophile accusation. I believe Louis knew there wasn't something quiet right with the guy and done a brilliant job in exposing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

ppink wrote: »
    do you know what happened to those that complained at the time? were they just ignored?
    jimmy saville became untouchable in the eyes of the establishment,he was making loades of money for the charities he worked for,as well as being a jewish/catholic who met the pope was a friend of the PM and the royal family,he was also if it is to be believed a mason,with that kind of C V ,who is going to point the finger and be believed, the police had complaints on a number of occasions but each time,they went to investigate,they were told to drop the case from above,in the cases of the jersey childrens home abuse scandal that was without doubt a freemason cover up.jimmy kept on saying he was never there ,but there is a photo to prove he was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

Jeremy Beadle now stands accused, the police reveal he may of had a small hand in it! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

in many cases complaints were made at the time of the abuse,two more have come to light to-day,one was by a nurse ,who worked at the time in a hospital in leeds,she caught saville abusing a young disabled girl,he even had is own set of keys to give him access to a secure hospital for mentally disabled children in broadmoor

When I thought I couldn't be shocked anymore that's ****ing shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Good friends with Thatcher too, used to stay with her for new years afaik

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

I love Louis Theroux. Love his programmes. Wish there were more of them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

smurgen wrote: »
    The Louis Theroux documentary on him is a must watch. Louis has a very good intuition when it comes to people and he states several times that him and Jimmy aren't getting along and that Jimmy is strange. At about the 45 minute mark he asks him about a statement he made when he said he hates children. This then leads them onto the paedophile accusation. I believe Louis knew there wasn't something quiet right with the guy and done a brilliant job in exposing it.

I remember watching that years ago. He came across as very strange indeed. Theroux's documentaries are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Jonti

Rumours and stories do not make anyone guilty until proven.
    How many feckers come out the wood telling stories in the event that theres compensation payments to be had??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Jonti wrote: »
    Rumours and stories do not make anyone guilty until proven.
    How many feckers come out the wood telling stories in the event that theres compensation payments to be had??

That's amazing, considering all the people backing up the people saying they were abused, these secondary witnesses don't get any compensation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

getz wrote: »
    jimmy saville became untouchable in the eyes of the establishment,he was making loades of money for the charities he worked for,as well as being a jewish/catholic who met the pope was a friend of the PM and the royal family,he was also if it is to be believed a mason,with that kind of C V ,who is going to point the finger and be believed, the police had complaints on a number of occasions but each time,they went to investigate,they were told to drop the case from above,in the cases of the jersey childrens home abuse scandal that was without doubt a freemason cover up.jimmy kept on saying he was never there ,but there is a photo to prove he was.

Masons help Masons ....... that's the name of the game. But how this sinister organisation got so prevelant in the upper echelons of British law needs looking into.
    But hey, they pull the strings so don't hold your breath!
    By it's very nature, a secret society is dangerous ...... be it Opus Dei or Freemasonry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

fryup wrote: »
    the biggest mystery about jimmy savile is....

for a guy who smoked cigars endlessly...how the hell did he manage to run so many marathons:confused:

Like Bill ........... he didn't inhale :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Jimmy So Vile perfectly illustrates what power without responsibility can lead to.:( Whereas there were probably detailed security checks on the professional personnel in those hospitals where he "volunteered", he seems to have been free to prowl the wards at will. A bit like Brendan Smythe, who was a hospital chaplain in Tralee, with access to all wards including the children's, at a time when he was a fugitive from justice in Northern Ireland.:eek:

So Vile's power came from the cult of personality that grew up around him, the wealth it brought and the blindness it induced in those who wanted to be seen with him and bask in what they thought was his reflected glory. They had their own axe to grind.:)

Politicians, other media personalities and lot of others fell hook-line-and sinker for the illusion that was woven around him and anyone who dared criticse him in public would have been angrily shouted down.

A bit like the aura of goodness that surrounded priests in Ireland until the dam burst twenty or so years ago.:)

Advertisement