Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Non drink related stag party options?

• 13-07-2019 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I have a friend who is getting married early next year. He's a non-drinker so doesn't really want a drink-focused stag party.

I asked him what his ideal stag would be and he said he'd love to rent a house somewhere for the weekend; he'd love a house with a pool table and just spend the weekend watching football, playing pool and playing the playstation. There'd still be drink involved because there's going to be drinkers there, but at least we'd be doing what the stag actually wants, and we wouldn't be stuck in the pub for the entire weekend. I think that's what he doesn't want.

Is there anywhere in the country where you could get something like that? We'd be playing music as well, so preferably somewhere where we wouldn't be annoying any neighbours.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Is there a footgolf near u? It's good fun and will pass away an afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We hired out a few holiday cottages in Leitrim for my mixed stag/hen (I’m not a a big drinker and the thoughts of being in a pub all weekend was horrendous) and it was awesome. We were within walking distance of a lake and an easy drive of Louth Key forest park so we did Boda Borg one of the days (so much fun!) and then a lovely meal. Next day we went Airsoft shooting and to archery, then just played cards and chatted for the evening. It was fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭pooch90

Literally just in the door from a hen at a house in Carlingford. No neighbours, great house with loads of space for 15. Has a pool table, fire pit, kitchen perfect food self catering. It was called Swallows Retreat. They booked it through Visit Carlingford but I think it's on Air BnB too. No where for a kick about though as it's all gravel. But it was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

Seconding Boda Borg - that's where we went for my hens and it was incredible. Stayed in a beautiful house nearby. Really great fun, and relaxing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Actually I forgot to say if you do Boda Borg there's also a pile of other activities in Lough Key like Segway rides in the forest and ziplining. Really good craic for during the day, especially if nobody's totally wiped from hard boozing til 5am, you can really have a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Jaysus, could you not organise Mani/Pedi's Massages and a slumber party for him?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

A friend of a friend had a hen party recently where they went glamping - they stayed in a place in Galway (PodUmna Village), as far as I know they had the place booked out, there is a little bar there which they had to themselves, live music and food was provided for them, they could go into the town if they wanted but I think they spent most of the time in the glamping place. They got great weather and had a brilliant time. You'd have to check to see if they have a pool table etc. but they list a 'play room' as one of the facilities. The people who run it seemed to be very accommodating when a couple of things went wrong (one of the girls ended up in hospital, they drove her there and collected her and made sure she was ok -minor injury).

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

Try The Stables in Ballymahon, Longford. Was there for a 30th and considered having my stag there. You're almost in a forest so playing music etc as loud as you want won't bother a soul and from what I remember there's enough ground for you to make your own football pitch.

Bout 10 mins from the village and I think there's an adventure centre nearby.

Sounds like it might be up his street.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, very much appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement