Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android phone and house wifi issue

• 21-06-2019 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

A quick query that hopefully somebody can help me with. We have two Android phones that connect to the house wifi. Both connect to the wifi downstairs, but upstairs my phone usually gets a weak signal and eventually loses connection totally whilst the other phone still has wifi.

So basically it's two mobile phones, same make, same settings (as far as I can see), yet one loses wifi upstairs whilst the other one maintains its connection.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Two different phone models? At both using 2.4Ghz or 5ghz?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Clare in Exile

Thanks for reply. Both phone models are the exact same and both use 2.4 GHz ...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Clare in Exile

Bump

Turn off 5Ghz from broadcasting on your network, then test.

Check channel allocation of wifi..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

What channel would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

_Brian wrote: »
    What channel would you recommend?

I think "6" is in this summer :)
    You should install a WiFi analyser app - that will show you all the WiFi networks in range and their channels

Pick one that has no channels in use either side of it.... The more free adjacent channels the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Use a wifi scanner (an app) and see which one is used the least. Some routers should switch to this automatically the Virgin media one doesn't for me anyway.

One phone might just have a poorly connected antenna. It might be faulty.

Advertisement